Suggestion to Re-Name 2GA

Homast

1 minute ago, Lark said:

Thats useless and unnecessary, It's either change the whole base faction or keep it how it is.

Uhm, who is setting these restrictions that its one or the other? Take PDSS for example, under pencil they underwent a MOS change from PDSS to 101st, without having a whole revamp of their weapons.  I think that if Soldier and Management think its a good idea, they should go for it. The server is heading down a more rp-based path anyway, so i don't see why we shouldn't change the MOS  to be more realistic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Koulit said:

Uhm, who is setting these restrictions that its one or the other? Take PDSS for example, under pencil they underwent a MOS change from PDSS to 101st, without having a whole revamp of their weapons.  I think that if Soldier and Management think its a good idea, they should go for it. The server is heading down a more rp-based path anyway, so i don't see why we shouldn't change the MOS  to be more realistic.

101st is apart of PDSS, So is 102nd, 136th and etc
Homast is suggesting changing 2ga as an entirety, correct me if wrong @Homast

11 minutes ago, Koulit said:

101st and PDSS are the same thing, they literally are the same faction. Homast is suggesting a whole faction change. He literally said in his thread that the 2nd Guards Army was disbanded in 1945 and would like to go to route and go to a faction present time that is still active for more RP base in the server.

4 minutes ago, Topshot1 said:

Homast is suggesting a whole faction change.

Not really, Just suggesting the name to reflect what the Recruit class is named.
SVR is literally just the russian abbreviation for "Russian Ground Forces"
It's really just an MOS change is what I'm trying to suggest.

15 minutes ago, Lark said:

Homast is suggesting changing 2ga as an entirety,

Again, Just an MOS change to reflect Current day Russian Ground Forces, Nothing really changes other than MOS

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Homast said:

Not really, Just suggesting the name to reflect what the Recruit class is named.
SVR is literally just the russian abbreviation for "Russian Ground Forces"
It's really just an MOS change is what I'm trying to suggest.

Again, Just an MOS change to reflect Current day Russian Ground Forces, Nothing really changes other than MOS

Well if this is just an MOS change and it doesn’t affect changing the player model, weapons, and the SOC ranks. I say go for it. It’s just changing your name what could go so bad. It just brings more RP to the game.

I pretty much don't care if it's only a MOS change. It would only require me to go through every single document for 2GA and change it to SVR. Nothing difficult, just slightly tedious. I'm not going to +1 or -1 solely because I don't really care if it get accepted or not, however, I will be ready for it to get accepted if need be.

2 hours ago, Cold Soldier said:

I pretty much don't care if it's only a MOS change. It would only require me to go through every single document for 2GA and change it to SVR. Nothing difficult, just slightly tedious. I'm not going to +1 or -1 solely because I don't really care if it get accepted or not, however, I will be ready for it to get accepted if need be.

I'd say that this sort of thing should be up to faction leaders but it has proved troublesome and messy prior. While community feedback is nice, the final decision is up to Aidan, Jim, and D Rose. If this is something that you'd like (although you don't seem to be in agreement or disagreement), I'd suggest personally bringing it up to the managers to see if they'd clear such a minor change. I mean, after all it is just changing the in-game "MOS" that Ground Forces will use but also has the unintended effect of your current documents.

I've got a somewhat related suggestion in the works that may be controversial but also addresses accuracy in the community and guidelines for future leaders concerning "MOS" and ranks.

9 hours ago, VBSA said:

Yeah. Why don't we give m16 to the russian army already.
I mean who cares right ?

While playing the role-playing game, it is quite logical to expect the information in the game to be suitable for the role play.

+1

I agree with VBSA this is MilitaryRP 

I will not +1 or -1 becos it will not change anything reely

Edited by DuckyRU
  • Like 1

After doing some more research (do understand that my source is Wikipedia, which is honestly most of what we've used already), I have discovered that the 21st (Guards) Motor Rifle Brigade falls under the 2nd Guards Tank Army, which is an active field army for the Russian Ground Forces. They're stationed in Central Russia which follows my suggestion of the 41KKA.

At that point it isn't necessary to change it to 2GTA or whatever, and even then 2GA still looks much, much better.

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied,

irl, SVR is the equivalent of the CIA. I understand that what you are suggesting is not the same SVR but it is extremely confusing. The current MOS looks much better than any other suggestion in this thread too. The MOS will stay as 2GA.

• Agree 2