DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

StarwarsRP Update [05/04/2020]

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming
Event Server

Shut Down

Transferring to a dedicated server might be ideal for servers like our MilitaryRP that have a very large dedicated population, and may even exceed 128, however, I found it to be less than ideal on StarwarsRP seeing as we would end up with players torn between the two servers, and trying our best to notify them of an active event, they may still be afk and come back under the impression the server had gone inactive. As such, I pulled the data required for events off of the Event Server and migrated it onto our main server. Events might be a little more tricky to pull off without preparation, however, we can always allow the first 15-30 minutes of events towards preparation and engage in a server-wide debrief in the meantime.

Game Master class added onto the main server

Trial Administrators and up can access this class as to host events, utilizing this class for ANYTHING else will result in an immediate removal from staff & a short-term ban.

Gamemaster ranks added with access to donator roles in exchange for their time and efforts. Gamemasters can only complete events under the supervision of an administrator online who will then set their role to the job, activating their GM capabilities until they get past their training stage. Strings: gamemastertrainee & gamemaster

/setmap command added to T.Admin and up, misuse of the command, or even making an honest mistake with this command will result in your immediate removal from the staff team. There's nothing to test, and you must verify that you are using the string for the CORRECT map prior to use, when it doubt, reach out to me, Phantom, Bishop or Jackal.

String:

/setmap mapname

Examples:

/setmap rp_anaxes

/setmap geonosis

/setmap gm_bigisland

gr_wovve2ityg3y.png

Added a notifier to let the server know who set the map, also if you made a fucky, the playerbase WILL roast you

gr_hm6yeu9wxdz0.png

There is no check for whether or not the map string is correct or not, because there's no use for it.

Event Messages

gr_n7ontyveq0u3.png

This one is wildly popular and Phantom has been begging me for it :^)

gr_m6yz0pp88y40.png

• Like 3
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1

i guess bortnik is staying in leadership.

But seriously, I would love to see the /event command for T.Admin + on MRP so they can better announce and direct events. I think the command is just overall useful and better to have on the MRP server as well.

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 2
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
39 minutes ago, Ting said:

i guess bortnik is staying in leadership.

But seriously, I would love to see the /event command for T.Admin + on MRP so they can better announce and direct events. I think the command is just overall useful and better to have on the MRP server as well.

I feel like the vibrant yellow and blue that Advert and Comms offer do a great job of catching people’s eye. Could be a QoL change but it’s not even close to a necessity.

Just now, 0zzy said:

it’s not even close to a necessity.

Oh I agree completely, I just thought that it would be a good addition so that COMMs stays in RP and Advert is for when the event itself starts.