MilitaryRP Update [05/07/2020]

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

why vote for it then ask for it to be changed not even 24 hours after being all hyped up and going like "YEYEAHAHHH SIBERIA".  Its really obnoxious 

YEYEAHAHHH DELTA. 

jokes aside, thanks for the update 

Edited by Maple
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

Nice going garnet,

now when we getting CSCDesert eh?

Sarcasm Self Test - Complete

Cringe Self Test - Complete

4 hours ago, Garnet said:

updates that you ask me to change not even a week later... if you know the state of a map and I let you know I cannot edit it, why vote for it then ask for it to be changed not even 24 hours after being all hyped up and going like "YEYEAHAHHH SIBERIA".

I truly do wonder the thought process of those Players. 

anyways nice update, let’s hope they don’t complain this time 😕

• Cringe 2
16 minutes ago, Bortnik said:

anyways nice update, let’s hope they don’t complain this time 😕

dont wanna start something on a good update thread, but aren't you the one who complained that SWRP wasn't getting updates?

Anyways,

4 hours ago, Garnet said:

Hit Registration

Experimental hit-registration fixes were put on the server, these may result in even worse performance, but only time will tell!

Hopefully I know whether or not this change was effective by the afternoon before peak-hours

Im actually pumped to see whether this makes a difference or not. Either way, thank you for putting this update through.

• Cringe 3
  • Toxic 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Ting said:

dont wanna start something on a good update thread, but aren't you the one who complained that SWRP wasn't getting updates?

You seem to say you don't want to start stuff a lot. Starting to get to the point where you just seem to like calling people out and starting arguments on forums. Entirely unwarranted calling somebody out on an MRP update that has nothing to do with SWRP, not to mention the fact that complaining about a lack of updates (whether that's true or not) is not the same as complaining about an update the community had wanted and voted for.

On to the update:

Personally dislike Delta. Too open of a map, especially having come from cscdesert to Delta on its first release. I know people preferred Echo (at least Echo v1) but some people also had random crashes on Echo. Delta was glorified cscdesert and while it looked beautiful it reinforced the sniper meta - flat, open map with very little fog, the map seemed much smaller than it actually is because of how much you can see in your view. The objectives were a bit smaller and tight to combat that style of play but it had no effect until you got into the objective. Russia generally swamped US (keep in mind both sides have some major basecamp spots) because the outside of Embassy allows them to cover the entire outside of US base with lots more cover than US basecamping RU.

I'm not sure what you did for this experimental hit-reg, my only potential solutions involve hardware as I'm not sure what else you could possibly do. Interested in seeing what the potential fix was and how it affected performance and gameplay, assuming it does what you expect it to do.

I still think the quiz isn't implemented in a beneficial way. Of course it's also difficult to balance having a quiz and having a player train somebody, but I've seen more people just use the quiz so they can get playing and leave before they get fully trained because they don't know what they're doing. Honestly, although I'm not active at the moment, when the quiz was originally added people who did the quiz to get trained wouldn't return - likely due to lack of understanding of how the community works because they didn't get trained. They read a set of rules (assuming they don't just guess on the quiz), something (not someone) tells them to do /quiz, they fail a few times and eventually pass, change their names and they're done. Except they don't know anything about where they line up at debrief, what the layout of the map is, what war is and how it works, what the different forms of communication are and how they work, and so on, so they just leave.

EDIT: The bottom part of my post has already been addressed by and with Aidan. Removed it.

Edited by Torch
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut
42 minutes ago, Torch said:

complaining about a lack of updates (whether that's true or not) is not the same as complaining about an update the community had wanted and voted for.

Big +1 right there

42 minutes ago, Torch said:

Personally dislike Delta. Too open of a map, especially having come from cscdesert to Delta on its first release.

Yes, as you mentioned, Delta is a glorified CSCDesert, and this is the map that should in theory save us from ever having to go back to that disgraceful flatland. You mentioned the objectives are on the smaller side, and yes, while they're not as large as maps like Chaharikar/Siberia, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

When it comes to too much visibility due to fog, if I had more time to swap maps, I would've happily changed the view distance on Delta to be much shorter, as well as some extra detailing/cover here and there, but unfortunately, I did not have the time for that.

44 minutes ago, Torch said:

my only potential solutions involve hardware as I'm not sure what else you could possibly do

Unfortunately "hardware" doesn't apply, because we already utilize both the fastest CPU available for Garry's mod (overclocked too) as well as the strongest network used to host Garry's Mod.

Couldn't tell you how the bullet stuff works, I didn't make it and I'm not about to share the methods. We have utilized this in the past and it did not work, but more updates have been pushed towards it.

49 minutes ago, Torch said:

I still think the quiz isn't implemented in a beneficial way.

It will always feel that way, you're letting go of player-to-player interactions in favor of an automated system which may easily be worked around if you just guess a handful of times. With that being said, we don't have the workforce to constantly train recruits, and as such, this solution is permanent. Non-negotiable.

• Agree 2

I don't know if it has to do with hit reg update or just ghillie models, but I put at least 10 shots dead on with orsiris and not one registered, could have been on my clients side. I don't really know how this all works 

Edited by cbozee