CROWBAR RULE

I'll +1, although it doesn't affect me much personally, just about the ENTIRE OOC was complaining about it this day.

This particular player which I believe has yet to be named, was begging for an admin to forcejob him to Rapist because he didn't have VIP. Meaning:

1. Players cannot pay him to stop

2. An admin would have to abuse or negotiate with a griefer to stop it

3. He was trying to access VIP privileges without paying for it, which if had happened would cause others to do the same thing.

When the entire OOC chat is trying to get you to stop (at least 20 people complaining over  the course of an hour), admins/manager trying to get you to stop, and you still continue it then this is a whole other issue honestly. While it's neither here-nor-there whether the new rule is necessary to be stated in the MOTD, we have a lot of players that will do something like this just because it isn't written expressly in the rules that they can't do it. This is the unfortunate circumstance we will likely find ourselves in if this isn't nipped in the bud.

The rules Proggy mentioned, along with an admin decision being final, was enough to stop this one situation from occuring.

HOWEVER: If Proggy wasn't on and no other staff was willing to quote rules that don't explicitly state anything about crowbars (even though they're valid), this could've gone on for hours. I think simply adding it in and being able to give a warn based on that, or clarifying the griefing/spamming rules to include smacking a crowbar on metal, would solve a lot of issues. 

To all who said they haven't experienced this yet: When an entire server population is complaining about something so easy to do, we will see an uptick in minges/spammers doing the same thing if it's deemed acceptable and/or not consistently punished.

• Winner 1
8 hours ago, Toucan said:

I think you guys are missing the points, 

"6e60f63203e748d28565f28bf3c1fe10.png"

There's a difference between using a hobos job to micspam to make people angry and a hobo or a player spamming a crowbar. Micspam can be muted client side using tab at any time and has a small radius and can be muted globally for a while if they use this micspam to interrupt active sits. This is where the crowbar issue is, someone can sit right outside of spawn in a completely closed off box (as hobos cannot have keypads but are allowed fading doors) and spam a crowbar on a metal object which causes the sound to reverberate around half of the map. This sound can't be muted client side or globally and forces any active reports in that half of the map to type, especially with the recent Garry's Mod update, though some mics in game sound better many people have been having issues with people being too quiet, and having a metal bang in your ear twice every second doesn't exactly help that problem. 

A good amount of the sit roofs on the map are in the massive radius of where the crowbar spamming normally takes place and when you have multiple staff online taking reports when they're at their peak, not every roof is available.  Someone will still have to deal with the noise. 

As Proggy already said, this should just fall under this rule and doesn't really need a suggestion, but I thought I'd explain why this is an actual issue. 

0004edec582951a36ee4151c255e3955.png

I don't think you understand one thing too. 

There are many ways of hobos could get money of course, he could build a small base asking for money which in my opinion on regular non-VIP hobo that doesn't work out in my opinion.  

And again

It's a fucking hobo, he should be able to do whatever it takes to get money. You can already mute someone for mic spamming which if you know what you're doing further complicate things for hobos. I like the idea of having hobos have multiple ways of getting money instead of actually just putting down a donation box.   

I've been here for about 6 years and I never had such an issue like this  that I can remember.  So maybe it's just happening a lot these days I don't know It's only limited to 1 slot So I can't imagine of being too much of an issue. again I like the idea of a hobo having multiple ways including Mic spanning even though you can already mute, basically saying what you're saying hitting a metal thing to annoy the player inside, That's a really good. Another option is to maybe make it kos if someone is messing with your props like hitting them. 

Pertaining roofs

literally just go all the way above the map to  that sandbox map and you're good, It's a huge place to take sits and it's not even near anyone at all. In all seriousness I don't think going to another sit roof is going have such an issue. Especially because most times that place isn't even utilized , You can make a couple of pretty good sit roofs there

If this is going to be an issue basically  spamming, we should start warning people for unnecessarily filling up damage logs,  had that issue so much more than a damn hobo being annoying while I'm doing a sit, usually it's just a party member shooting another party member and they won't really stop.

I'm still sticking with my -1 I said I think it's just ruining gameplay for a hobo, there are many ways he can make money why take away One of the best ways possible. 

5 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Another option is to maybe make it kos if someone is messing with your props like hitting them.

this is not allowed

and im not sure why you keep mentioning hobo because everyone can acquire the crowbar through /credits and be just as annoying

• Agree 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest proggy

spacer.png

Accepted

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.