DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[SWRP] Specter's GameMaster Applicaton

Specter

In-game name: CG PVT 9121 Specter

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:99747409

Warns: 0 

Timezone: EST
Playtime?: 18 hours (Low but will increase in time)

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None, just thought I should get back into it and help out the bois.

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] I was Head GM on an old server by the name of Gaminglight. not sure if it's still up but I've had lots of experience and know what can go wrong and how to keep things on the rails.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

Well at this given point I don't believe we have too many GameMasters. I've always had fun doing evens and seeing how people respond to the events I host. I've had a good record with people enjoying my events and I can repeat all the amazing/good events from the past I've done. I've been Head Gamemaster with plenty of experience with both good and bad events. I've learned how to handle difficult situations and make a loose plan with adaptability. I have plenty of time to assist with events and RP, I've been admin on many servers as well so I know how to handle situations on a proficient level. I have a love for Clone wars and nothing makes me happier than to make fun events that capture the fun and enjoyment I get from just watching episodes that wonderful show.

Honestly it's always fun to host events to see what troopers will do as well. Adapting to what troopers decided to do is why one should have a loose idea rather than a solid plan for each individual set at each time. Though my time on this server is short I plan on making a name for myself and starting again. I've seen all of starwars and know almost everything there is to know, adding that into events I believe is crucial. I believe the difference between an OK event and a GREAT event is the story/lore behind the event. Why are we going out there, what can we gain, there needs to be a story and a reason, not just go here shoot droids and return.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I have not, all the servers I was apart of either went down or I had times in my life where things weren't going well.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Plenty 

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Provide an interesting and fun experience for the players and give them a fun but interesting events. The job of a GM is to make sure things run smoothly while providing RP without overshooting the boundaries of difficulties.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I'm able to do voices as well as set up many situations and fun RP scenarios  as well as efficient events

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: My greatest event was one I plan to bring to this server which involved a alien species which broke out of experimental containment. The creature would nock out all light and react off light, movement, and sound. So the players would have to have lights off, stand completely still, and remain silent and the creature will completely ignore them. I have the clicker notices from the last of us play through the mic adding to the creepy factor. The events would go from finding this creature, understanding it, capturing it, preventing the CIS from turning it into a weapon, and much more. 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Horror like event explained above

Attack on a base leading to a large battle trying to reach it before a specific time runs out. CIS forces are on their way and they must reach it before they begin bombardment on the area.

CIS base attack leading to discovery of a new super weapon, one digs into the ground harvesting the bioenergy of the planet storing for a large blaster with mass inferno like properties.

A Naval high command orders troopers on a mission to clear out a city that is said to contain multiple CIS operatives. He is ruthless and does rather questionable things in order to obtain his goal. Later it is revealed somehow that he is a CIS operative himself.

Heading to an area to find an operative who the CIS are going after to get info of a CIS base before the CIS get in

Hi, I don’t play the server anymore, but I know it well enough that you need 500 hours on the server according to what garnet said in the format post. 
And in the case I read that wrong 18 hours is still very low - you can also do /playtime (your name) to get the actual amount you have in game. 
Again this is well written but I’m going to have to -1 due to lack of playtime.

• Community Director
1 hour ago, Captainswag said:

Hi, I don’t play the server anymore, but I know it well enough that you need 500 hours on the server according to what garnet said in the format post. 

Phantom said they are waiving that requirement and matching the staff requirement of 120.

Love the application but still does not meet requirements. Play a little bit more. 120 isn’t that much! 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 2

This is a pretty good app, although the event descriptions are kinda short, that doesn't change the fact you directly ignored one of the requirements. Currently Phantom is waiving the 500 hours and making 120 hours. You only have 18 hours, way below the adjusted time requirement. -1, you have potential, but you need to play more and interact with the community so we can get to know you. Do this and reapply and I think you would be great 

Edited by Dobby
  • Like 1

I love that you applied for Gamemaster and it would really help but you do not meet the requirement of 120 hours by a long shot, so I'm not gonna -1 but im not gonna +1. When you reach 120 hours and if you make another application, I would definitely +1. For now,  -1/+1

-1 We're always looking for new members for the gamemaster team and you seem to be a potential candidate but you are fairly new to the server. I do recommend playing more, getting to know others and ultimately showing other players that you exist, then make another application when you feel ready. Your event ideas are interesting but you should add more of an in depth explanation of each event, explaining it step by step. Hope to meet you soon on the server!

Edited by special
  • Agree 1

Thank you for applying, and I really appreciate the enthusiasm. I hope to see you more on the server and become more familiar with you so that when you do reapply, I will be more confident in accepting you.