DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

LFS for Pilots

Trooper

The current state of pilots is 😞

I was looking forward to being a LAAT pilot transporting reinforcements (ppl who died) to battle. Until I saw the star wars vehicles tab.
LFS would make piloting far more engaging because it requires some thought, skill & you have room for improvement (faster landing, hard maneuvers etc)

So here's my suggestion!

Required addons:
LFS Base: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1571918906
LFS LAAT/i, LAAT/c & ATTE: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1878568737

Star wars vehicles included within these 2 addons:
ARC 170
LAAT/i
LAAT/c
AT-TE (compatible with LAAT/c)
Naboo Starfighter
Vulture Droid
Droid Trifighter

Why I think these addons should be added:
-Engaging gameplay for pilots
-Good selection of ships for 2 addons
-NPC Ship spawner so GMs can focus on other things
-NPC ships can attack both air and ground units

Recommended addons:
Aura's LFS overhaul: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2049972569

Why I recommend this addon:
-Useful Hud which shows accurate altitude, speed, radar, if enemy is targeting you, HP & alerts when you are low on ammo.
-No more 1 CT super AAs! Reduced blaster damage to ships so dogfighting will be more relevant.
(full feature list in the workshop page)

I wanted to keep the addons to minimum in this suggestion.

Edited by Trooper
removed useless line from the bottom

Like Bortnik said, it’s already been suggested. Garnet doesn’t like having large addons bc they increase loading time and cause more server lag, so it probably won’t happen. The vehicles we have rn could be better, but they serve their purpose. 

• Community Director
1 hour ago, Snapper said:

Like Bortnik said, it’s already been suggested. Garnet doesn’t like having large addons bc they increase loading time and cause more server lag, so it probably won’t happen. The vehicles we have rn could be better, but they serve their purpose. 

Maybe some large content download times will prevent Minges from getting in our server so easily, this is something @Phantom has said - we by far have the shortest load in time among SWRP servers.

+1 this is needed

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 2
26 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

Maybe some large content download times will prevent Minges from getting in our server so easily, this is something @Phantom has said - we by far have the shortest load in time among SWRP servers.

+1 this is needed

This does make sense, cause LFS has more features and minges probably don't want to wait 30 minutes trying to get into a server just to be banned in 20 minutes

Big +1

• Community Director
9 minutes ago, Jdforster said:

This does make sense, cause LFS has more features and minges probably don't want to wait 30 minutes trying to get into a server just to be banned in 20 minutes

Big +1

3 hours ago, Bortnik_ said:

(mainly because its a bunch of large, and individual downloads)

2 hours ago, Snapper said:

doesn’t like having large addons bc they increase loading time

The addons aren't that big - together it's 409 MB, which if you count the difference between the current vehicles (all 3) (I'd assume would be removed) is only adding 200 MB, which is the size of a good map. In terms of load in times - it's probably under 2 minutes, the very first time you load in. Then MAYBE 30 seconds after that to start/update, etc.

Just food for thought

Edited by AlexConway
1 hour ago, Alex Conway said:

large content download times will prevent Minges from getting in our server so easily, this is something @Phantom has said

I agree with Phantom's thought process about this, minges won't be so inclined to join since it's longer to load in., and the fact that LFS is way better anyways, changing to +1

(meant to edit my post but accidentally made a new one)

Edited by Bortnik_
  • Like 1

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c12.png

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.