DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP Update [6/17/2020]

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

It's one of those updates that took me DAYS to complete, but people will not be thankful/caring for because it doesn't include "new content". This is a MASSIVE quality of life update, should heavily promote server stability resulting in far less crashes. General optimizations have also been pushed for better clientside FPS

Unboxing

Server-side code partially revamped as to allow for more server Stability

Inventories have unfortunately been wiped as a result

554583077a9c924ed7df7b7c09cbc197.png

This may or may not have fixed client crashes for our players, however, if Unboxing is to be removed still, I will allow for a grace period to ensure players can utilize their inventories prior to its removal.

Inventory & Bank System

Code revamped - multiple exploits has been patched, and performance has been optimized

I have largely managed to keep data structures the same so there is 0 possibilities for inventories to have wiped

If any issues/inconsistencies/bugs are found, please report them here.

Third Person

Using an entirely new third person modification that is revamped and updated

d8efeaf9a8b6e23f68bc854a259343ff.png

Better wall collisions detected as to prevent wall-glitching/see through the maps exploits of sorts

Commands: /thirdperson and /thirdpersonmenu

Money Printers

Added 10 second cooldown between intervals in which you can withdraw money from printers

This will both help server networking for users who for some reason enjoy spamming  'E' on printers  to spam other users, as well as degrade server performance by spamming net messages.

7afe7d42aa49d41658c2a5f8fb6291ab.png

A 30 second cooldown was added between intervals under which a player can recolor their printers as well due to redundancy and unnecessary networking

Cooler Durability

213f3ffa4fbcede2d31d884eb7f91cd0.png

Coolers will now last anywhere random from 10 to 30 minutes, with an average of 20 minutes (previously ALWAYS 15 minutes) this will allow for more randomization when it comes to printers

Printers also overheat much slower than previously as to allow owners more time to get to their base in order to purchase a new cooler (25% slower than before) for a total of roughly 10 minutes before they overheat and explode

Increased the distance at which players can interact with printers so that you do not need to practically stand on them in order to withdraw money

38a8d0822f3cb81014f1deade14c75da.png

Cooler breaking notification added

Scoreboard

651289fbf22e8f3f3e4a6c53a2922dc2.png

General Optimization

Money tab added

Formatting for money has been fixed (no worries)

Todo:

fix hitman log errors

disallow CPs from spawning props

disallow players in parties from participating in duels

disallow CPs from battering ramming wanted players (restricted to warranted only)

• Like 5
  • Spicy 4

This is a very interesting update to say the least, thank god for the scoreboard update. I do disagree with the third person though, it's honestly very lackluster to what the old system was in my opinion. You can also look into bases even easier now with how much u can alter with the third person editor.

• Agree 2
9 hours ago, Garnet said:

disallow players in parties from participating in duels

I feel like since this only affects the explosive duels, maybe coding it so your own grenades don't damage you would be better, instead of making players leave parties and joining back just to do a duel against someone. It's really gonna discourage people from dueling if you are in a party, especially if you are the party host.  ( Or maybe make it only apply for explosive duels ? ). 

Apart from that man, thank you for your hard work on this update, it's beautiful.  ❤️ 

• Agree 4