Larry's ban appeal

+support 

The only thing that makes this look suspicious is the fact that the clip is from spectator mode which doesn't even show the scope. We've had to get way better proof than this to get actual cheaters banned.

Edited by Maple
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
4 minutes ago, Larry_The_Potato said:

Also why did a T.mod push my ban?

A T.Mod can gather evidence, submit it to higher ups, get their evaluation of the evidence, and then proceed with a ban with permission of higher staff. There's no problem with what broken did. 

Both these clips show silent aim, as it quite literally replicates how silent aim works on Gmod (and other games in general). After going over the evidence, and your very weak response to it, I'm going to have to go with a -1

Unless you have something concrete to back up your claims other than "I didn't do it" or "the clip doesn't show it", I have to stay with my decision. 

Good luck.

To additionally add: for people saying 190 ping and low FPS: that didn't effect the clips in any way. 190 compared to the standard 120 to even 130 that some people play with is not that big of a ping difference, and at most would just delay what the spectator saw and what the player saw. It wouldn't create snaps in the footage, unless the spectator had a severe lag spike, which isn't the case here. 

Edited by eXg-Buddha
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Maple said:

U01jv93.png

As I stated above, high ping creates a difference in time between what the player sees and what the spectator sees, but doesn't just create snaps out of the blue. If the spectator's ping or players ping was jumping, then I could see the correlation. 

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Zachman said:

most of the perma bans from hacking have been from t mods recently, I think only managers should be doing this

im pretty sure broken and ozzy both received permission from D Rose to go ahead and ban him.

This video is also what does it for me. Broken has explained it to me like he explained it in his post, you literally killed mitsuri and then flicked straight towards don's head (which you can see very clearly if you slow down to .25x speed)

this clip is also another good one imo. you flick straight towards his head and then go right back near where you were aiming before

you also said that you dont know much about hacks but you couldnt find silent aim or something incriminating like that while in TS discussing your ban. unfortunately i dont have a clip of this but many people heard this slip up on your part.

-1 from me

• Like 1

Slow down this video at 0.25 and start up the video, you can see a little jitter while he was aiming at the Russian far away. He literally locked in to the guys head. 

4 minutes ago, br0ken said:

To me in this clip you take a shot not even aiming at Krim's, as soon as you take the shot your crosshair instantly goes onto krim and kills him, Looks something like this to me

^^

This is literally sketchy ass fuck, it seems like you were aiming kruger behind that hill and flicking towards the mountain. 

14 minutes ago, Larry_The_Potato said:

Also why did a T.mod push my ban?

What does T.Mod have to do with anything? br0ken had permisson so I don't get what the problem is. 

• Community Director
3 minutes ago, Flak said:

im pretty sure broken and ozzy both received permission from D Rose to go ahead and ban him.

9 minutes ago, br0ken said:

All I did was gather proof my nigga, D Rose and Jim both approved of the ban

UyL2zXJ.png

I know I'm not associated but I think this qualifies as valid information

Just now, Jesus said:

but doesn't the spectator also need to maintain a connection to the server, which can be hampered by distance??

Yes. That's how that works. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 2
3 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

As I stated above, high ping creates a difference in time between what the player sees and what the spectator sees, but doesn't just create snaps out of the blue. If the spectator's ping or players ping was jumping, then I could see the correlation. 

but doesn't the spectator also need to maintain a connection to the server, which can be hampered by distance??

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
Just now, Jesus said:

I'm confused by this. The spectator did have a connection to the server, and although it was with a high latency, it wouldn't mess up the clip. What happens with high latency and spectating is that what happens in game on the server which MRP is hosted on is delayed by the ping a user has. In this case, the spectator had 230 ping. This, however, doesn't mean the evidence is invalid. All that 230 ping means is that what the spectator sees is delayed by 230 ms. Having 230 ping doesn't mean that the footage is choppy; rather that the footage is delayed. Once again, if br0ken was jumping between 230 to 300 to 230 to 500 (as an example of a lag spike), it would change the evidence and the flicks could be purely due to lag. This isn't the case in this ban, as br0ken's ping, although high, remains consistent. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Topshot1 said:

Slow down this video at 0.25 and start up the video, you can see a little jitter while he was aiming at the Russian far away. He literally locked in to the guys head. 

^^

This is literally sketchy ass fuck, it seems like you were aiming kruger behind that hill and flicking towards the mountain. 

What does T.Mod have to do with anything? br0ken had permisson so I don't get what the problem is. 

Clip 2 I don't even hit the guy... Clip 5 if i saw him through the hill why would I keep looking around?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1