DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

New Jetpacks - Suggestion

Jdforster

I believe these jetpacks should be added due to the fact they are more controllable and helps stop jetpack abusing. This jetpack addon is really simple to use and takes no effort to get used to. You cannot fly mach 3 speed cause it is slower in a straight line. The Jetpack addon is also only 4MB. You are also able to hover in air by holding shift, so you can fight while in the air instead of spamming space and fire getting all up in your face. Therefore, I believe these jetpacks should be implemented into the server cause they are easier to control and helps stop jetpack abusers flying  faster than a starship. 

Addon Link : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1211607762

• Agree 3

I looked at this addon when working on the server with Garnet and there are a few issues. 1) If the tickrate of the server is too low, it won't work properly (currently having issues with the grapple gun because of this). 2) It is an entity that you have to spawn in, so Garnet would have to figure out a way for players to spawn this in without the assistance of GMs spawning one in every time a jet trooper wants a jet pack. However, now that I type this, it might be better so that jetpacks are only issued when they are needed.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Phantom said:

It is an entity that you have to spawn in, so Garnet would have to figure out a way for players to spawn this in without the assistance of GMs spawning one in every time a jet trooper wants a jet pack

I know i dont main SWRP. However one fix to this could be is you can have it to where whoever is on a job that can access a jetpack such as any jet troopers can go into the menu where you buy ammo and there will be an option to buy the jetpack for 0 dollars. This could be helpful for whenever you are on the class you will not have the jetpack on at all times.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, D_Rose said:

I know i dont main SWRP. However one fix to this could be is you can have it to where whoever is on a job that can access a jetpack such as any jet troopers can go into the menu where you buy ammo and there will be an option to buy the jetpack for 0 dollars. This could be helpful for whenever you are on the class you will not have the jetpack on at all times.

Yes, this is something that Garnet said he can do with certain entities, which would work for jetpacks. I didn't think of this option, thanks for mentioning it here.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Yes, this is something that Garnet said he can do with certain entities, which would work for jetpacks. I didn't think of this option, thanks for mentioning it here.

Yeah, but I think it would be the for the best if jetpacks were only used when needed.

+1

I think this would also be useful as in Lore the 104th and 501st have also used Jetpacks. This would make it so that jetpacks could be distributed based on necessity and become another instance of ArmoryRP. This would also make fighting while in the air a necessary skill for the 2AC when it is brought back. 

• Agree 1
51 minutes ago, AceSWRP said:

I was also thinking the NPC's that spawn the speeders, and the other vehicles. Couldn't that be used for spawning in this jetpack if the person was whitelisted to have it spawned in etc.

That wouldn't make sense due to the fact that Game Masters are not on all the time so they couldn't spawn it in

3 hours ago, D_Rose said:

This would actually be really helpful so you can play on the jetpack class and people wont accidentally fly. This also would help during sims, so a jetpack class could have a really good loadout but jetpacks are despised during open sims. So if we could spawn it in  to use it that would be great,

3 hours ago, Jdforster said:

That wouldn't make sense due to the fact that Game Masters are not on all the time so they couldn't spawn it in

I think Ace is referring to the NPC spawner. That being said, I think D Rose’s idea fits better because it would mean that it would be something the troopers have access to at all times like the current jetpack. This addon would also make it possible for GM’s to give event characters a jetpack, so there is that aspect. 

Edited by Snapper
3 minutes ago, Snapper said:

I think Ace is referring to the NPC spawner. That being said, I think D Rose’s idea fits better because it would mean that it would be something the troopers have access to at all times like the current jetpack. 

A issue with the current jetpack, Is that it's being abused for people to fly pretty much whenever. I like the idea of having the jetpack being locked behind training and a whitelist to spawn it in at a NPC Spawner.

Edited by AceSWRP
Grammar
  • Agree 2
6 minutes ago, AceSWRP said:

A issue with the current jetpack, Is that it's being abused for people to fly pretty much whenever. I like the idea of having the jetpack being locked behind training and a whitelist to spawn it in at a NPC Spawner.

If I’m reading what D Rose and Phantom said correctly, they can have it behind a whitelist anyway. The problem with the NPC spawner is that it would make the jetpack more like a vehicle than a part of the Airborne loadout. 

Edited by Snapper
  • Community Director

I think the have a GM spawn it is better, if you resort to the F4 menu, people can buy it for others, leading to abuse. When are jetpacks needed outside of events? To be honest I've seen a lot of people abuse them, including officers. The GM team is growing, and they do the events and can spawn them, it's not much of a hassle. We spawn vehicles for people, even though there is a vehicle spawner. 

+1?

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Alex Conway said:

I think the have a GM spawn it is better, if you resort to the F4 menu, people can buy it for others, leading to abuse. 

I think it would be better if it were spawned by npc spawner disguised as a storage box or something similar in the armory or in bunks, it is better for RP and it is just easier overall.  Cause if someone witha jetpack dies, the GM would have to spawn it in over and over and stop with the main part of the event. Also, people spawning jetpack in for others should get their WL for their Jetpack class removed immediately by an officer. 

• Agree 1
  • 2 months later...

one of the things you need to think about if it was added with the npc spawner is it would give new players and possibly minges access too not just the jetpack but to the other vehicles aswell meaning minges could easily spawn a atte or a plane and mass rdm