DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Mike Splintz SWRP GM Application

In-game name: CT SSG 3545 Spike
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM 0:1:77544180
Warns: None As of yet
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: 33 Hours (Hour Rec Was waived from Phantom Himself)
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes, that I do
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes, That I do
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional]  As Stated on my MILRP GM APP, I have Worked as a Gamemaster for multiple well known servers such as, Gaming Light and Revival Networks. I have held the Post of HGM twice and Managed most lore for those servers for quite a bit of time before my arrival here. I have a deep understanding of great RP event making and am a huge fan of setting a good tone for RP to Take Place. I am quite confident in my ability to create immersive and Comprehensive Stories/ Events that many can come to enjoy!
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] If you wish to have an Active, Intrinsic , and Charismatic GM to Make Consistent Events , I believe I can be the man for the job. Considering many of the GMs Departed and Abandoned us, I wish to Take up the mantle and stick by my word of delivering Quality Events with Sufficient Quantity so as to encourage activity. I will present the server with a great new wave of story based events that tie in many respective RP elements and fun decision making that will make your actions hold some weight to them. I want YOU to feel immersed in the story. I will grant you the chance to experience the Trials and Tribulations of Lose, Sacrifice, and Victory! To sum it up, I respectfully ask you to take a chance with me for the potential of great events and storytelling  to usher in a new period of great things for the SWRP server, For Activity Increase, And For the Memories of a life time! 
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details No, Not to my recollection.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 4+ Hours everyday for 7 days a week!

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Just like I have stated on my MILRP Application, The Responsibilities of a game master vary depending on what the situation is on the server at the time, but I can safely say that a Gamemaster's main responsibilities are to make great events that both entertain and leave enough unsaid so as to make the Player base want more. I hope to be the kindle which reignites the spark of love for RP the SWRP community desperately yearns for but cannot fully achieve due to the Lack of GMs besides Conway and Phantom. The Gamemaster is crucial to any progression in RP made  and must be active enough to contribute in a meaningful but yet consistent manner.  Gamemasters weave a story together and help the RP progress smoothly. They also make sure that there is plenty to do while operations are not in effect. overall, a gamemaster's job is anything but easy; the lack of said gamemasters may be proof of this concept. It is a Privilege to be one, Not a Right.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I am simply a player and community member who wants to see the  server get populated again with players who truly want something else apart from the regular SWRP experience. I truly want to help SWRP in her journey to gain population and new members alike from with story telling abilities. I want to give people reasons to be invested with SWRP again, One main way I can help with this is by being an active SWRP GM . I plan an helping the server long enough for it to return to stability.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I wish to start a series of events that give the server a sense of cohesion, A Sense of direction so to speak. My plan for the server events on my side are to make a series of consistent style events and give something for players (Many or Few) to do in times of great boredom. A Campaign is not out of the question, Lots of planning will be put into many aspects of my GMing and Many different Things can happen.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

I have a couple of ideas for some good events, here are some of them:

1. A Search and Destroy Mission:

Enemies- Wildlife

Target- Cave that contains A Breeding Ground for the Indigenous Species on the planet.

Additional Info: I would start a DB by explaining the current events and situation to the troopers and giving them their objectives. I would Spawn the enemies around the map and proceed to then call the men to the Hanger area to start the mission. I would then Cloak after sending them on their way. Follow them along the way and observe how things play out.

2. Bomb Defusal :

Enemies- Droids/ Misc Units

Target- Outpost Zulu

Additional Info: I would start a DB by explaining the current events and situation to the troopers. After Dismissing Them, We would get into LAATs to get to our destination. We would then attempt to take back an outpost and find a bomb there. With the use of rolls, The units would attempt to Disarm the explosive. if done correctly, It would be a mission accomplished.

3. Hold the Position:

Enemies- Any enemies

Target- Outpost Bravo

Additional Info:  The Troopers get dropped off to hold a post until Reinforcements arrive. Hold the Position until time is up!

4. Story Line Event(Siege of Mandalore):

Enemies- Mandalorians/ CIS Sympathizers 

Target- The Capital Building

Additional Info-  After Calling a Briefing, The troopers are informed of a the method of Entry and the Exfiltration. With the mission underway, Troops will be Picked up in a LAAT and the Map will be changed. There will be 3 Phases of the Assault, The First Phase will consist of attacking an Outer space installation, Followed up by the attacking of the main metropolis and Capturing the Corrupt official, Then Lastly, Extraditing The prisoner from the planet! Following the mission completion or Failure; The Troopers will be briefed regardless of the consequences of their actions.

5. OOC Event(Prop Hunt)

Enemies- Prop Hunters

Target- Survive for 5mins!

Additional Info-  Groups of 6 will be given a random SW Prop Model, Their Goal is to hide around base without being killed. IF they survive, They win a 5k Credit Prize. This is a Mini Event which can be done at anytime!

I Hope to see some community feedback on this Application! I will be responding with any Criticism at all as honestly as possible. Feel free to leave your thoughts!

Hope to be working with yall soon! SEE YOU NEXT MISSION- CT 3545 SPIKE

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 2
  • Community Director

I have met a lot of former GL Gamemasters and they definitely have a vast knowledge basis. I would love to work with you on the GameMaster team. You’re dedicated to the server and that’s what we need. +1

Edited by AlexConway
  • Spicy 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 You have been a great person to have on SWRP and I believe you would be an amazing game master. You have been a really good leader for the Clone Troopers and have been an amazing roleplayer. Therefore, I believe you should be a game master. 

• Friendly 1

+1, I've talked to you a few times outside of server and you seemed like a amazing dedicated person who is fantastic at roleplaying. My only suggestion would to be make your event ideas more detailed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

Spike, you would legit make the best gamemaster on here. Not only do you RP like a god you are dedicated af. I do think you should add a few more sentences to your events, basically just go a bit more in depth. But either way,

+1

Edited by eli_
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

+1 Your roleplay in game is enjoyable by others and if you become a gamemaster, I have no doubt that your events will be enjoyed too. On top of that, you've been really active and have been mature. Your event ideas are interesting and I can see that you've put a lot of thought in them.

Edited by special