In-game name: Fake Karen
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:67522917
Staff members in-game name: Unknown
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): Unknown
Date & Time of incident: I dunno, about 6 months ago
Timezone: EST
Ban Reason: Advertisement
How long were you banned for?: 999999 years
Proof of Ban: Prolly in your ban records, because I dont got any exept Moab, he looked at ban records
What happened? (include any proof): I was banned for advertisement before I could say what happened, I was not at my PC an my buddy thought it would be funny to advertise another server, so he did, not knowing it would get me banned.
Why should your ban be removed?: I will not let people on my PC and will stay loyal to Garnet Gaming and will never advertise or break any rules. I also feel as if I can help grow the community because I have alot of people willing to join new servers and will probably be 100% down to try this server out, I'm not saying that to try to persuade you to un-ban me, just mentioning it. I also really miss the community here. The reason I am just now posting is because I took a step back from all of Garry's Mod after this all happened. I will be a better part of the community and become more active. I hope you will accept this, but I understand if you do not.

-Fake Karen

Edited by Scorched
More Detail
  • Like 4

Gonna say this; I suggest you add more to "why should your ban be removed" as that is very underwhelming. You also know that we can't just instantly believe you, when you say "my friend got on my computer and did that". Yeah it sucks, but even if it was your friend, that s no excuse for it happening. Either way, I don't think we even accept these "it was my friend, not me" appeals anyways.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Bortnik_ said:

Gonna say this; I suggest you add more to "why should your ban be removed" as that is very underwhelming. You also know that we can't just instantly believe you, when you say "my friend got on my computer and did that". Yeah it sucks, but even if it was your friend, that s no excuse for it happening. Either way, I don't think we even accept these "it was my friend, not me" appeals anyways.

i agree with bortnik just saying that your friend posted it doesnt really add why you should be unbanned. Also its been 6 months since your ban so why post now?

Also I havent been here for 6 months so I have no idea who could've banned you. It couldve been a resigned/banned staff member

Edited by fugga
1 hour ago, Scorched said:

I was not at my PC an my buddy thought it would be funny to advertise another server, so he did, not knowing it would get me banned

This has happened in the past. And I’ll tell you right now. It doesn’t matter. It could be your friend, your dog, or even your aunt unless you have some kind of proof to show that they did it, the ban will stay. The only way for you to get unbanned besides that would be if the proof wasn’t good enough to warrant a ban. Which by how you worded the appeal, it seems like you or your friend clearly advertised another server. So -1. 

• 300 IQ 1
  • Community Director
17 hours ago, Scorched said:

I was not at my PC an my buddy thought it would be funny to advertise another server, so he did, not knowing it would get me banned.

16 hours ago, Zachman said:

Yikes yeah I have been here about 6 months and all thr staff that were then are all gone

I think this may have actually been me and @Kendal. The name sounds very familiar. Regardless - It's admitted in the appeal, I can try to dig for evidence. I will adjust my reply if I have it 

Ahhhhh I think I found it: 

wKDfNIm.png

Edited by AlexConway
  • Informative 1

Yall be harsh, I hope that the staff team gives you a second chance or a reduced ban under some kind of terms that if you break rules your punishment would be much harsher than usually. I'm all for 2nd chances.  I've seen many examples of people comming back from worse and becomming well known and respected members of the community.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
17 minutes ago, Normal Hooman said:

Yall be harsh, I hope that the staff team gives you a second chance or a reduced ban under some kind of terms that if you break rules your punishment would be much harsher than usually. I'm all for 2nd chances.  I've seen many examples of people comming back from worse and becomming well known and respected members of the community.

Without stirring too much, I agree with Hooman. This ban was 6 months ago, and it seems like he cares somewhat about playing on the server again. He came back after 6 months and made an appeal, showing somewhat that he wishes to return. I say give him another chance, and if he slips up, ban him permanently. The worst he could do is advertise again, right? 

+1

Unban him, give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe someone did advertise on his computer. It's been 6 months which is a decent time span, worse comes to worse its just a few words to re-ban. +1

I think I remember the ban itself, and I believe it was either me that did it after @Alex Conway told me what was happening, or maybe I just told conway to put the ban in. Either way Adverting was, and still is against the rules, Having said that though it was 6 months ago, and I along with Conway are no longer part of the staff team. 

I'll avoid adding a +1 or a -1 and just let the current staff team do their job. Either way, good luck on the appeal.

• Like 1