DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Prestige Glitch: Causes loss of $10,000,000

ShankNinja

I'm not entirely sure where to post this so if this isn't the appropriate forum please move it to where would be more applicable.

On Friday night, I reached Prestige 5 Level 100 and went to buy my prestige token, as-per the usual method of prestiging. However, I misclicked the notice that says "Your level will be set to 1 upon use" and has an Agree or Decline box: I clicked Decline.

Normally I would expect declining it to not do anything, however it ended up still subtracting 10 million from my ingame money and I had to "buy" the token again to actually attain Prestige Level 6. I have a good feeling this is not expected behavior of the prestige token but as I'm likely the first person to hit Decline on that notice it's been until now that no one knew of this issue.

I'm sure Garnet could rather easily test this to confirm, but I have also uploaded a video to confirm the issue:

Naturally, I'd like to get back the 10 mill but more importantly I think this needs looked at as there's people who are grinding up to 10 mill in order to prestige and if they lost all of their money and didn't prestige they'd likely quit. 

• Informative 1

EDIT: I can't think of a solution that isn't prone to being abusable by knowledgable people. Best bet would be to rework the level and prestige system to use its own UI, which will be able to show you your perks, level, current prestige, and so on.

The previous method that I shared relying on still using the DarkRP entities table will work but be abused as there isn't an easy way to verify that player even spent money, they can just spam send netmessages and receive money. Would have to see more of how its setup to actually know, though.

Edited by Torch
  • Agree 4
  • 1 month later...

Could you give your input on this ? Because it could really help out to know If this is a issue that is still on-going 

{ Sorry for posting this after 1 week that the suggestion was last open not trying to get warned  just trying to grab your attention to something that might be a issue }

Edit: If it has already been dealt with could we move this to accepted ? Since Ruko mentioned that the prestige system might have been changed . @proggy

Edited by Beast