Some random suggestions I thought of

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

1. A brand new map instead of just doing rotations we should try to get a new map and maybe that could help with player not getting bored of maps

2.  New player models for ru and us army.  They have been the same for a really long time and some player models are broken so i think some new models would be cool

3. Offer more jobs that ru or us can try out for so they feel like there is more stuff to work for.

4.  We could try adding vehicles into the map that allow for faster transportation to war or for sims or anything

5.  We could try shorting the peace time down a little because I hear a lot of players complain about how they have to wait an hour for war but I tell them it’s so higher up can host tryouts and a bunch of stuff.

6.  Have players earn stuff when they level up like in game cash or something like that

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]it could help the player base and some broken models and a bunch more stuff

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

Sorry it’s not the best looking thing ever but these are on my mind right now

ill think of more later this was just on my mind at 4am 

Edited by Josh Martin
2 hours ago, Josh Martin said:

1. A brand new map instead of just doing rotations we should try to get a new map and maybe that could help with player not getting bored of maps

We have had maps made in the past, and most players seem to still prefer old maps such as csdesert. Although i will say delta was a fun map put together with help from diomonder. Also, cough cough, NEW MAP OMG NEW MAP  GUYS ???? wait, we just got v3 back tho.

2.  New player models for ru and us army.  They have been the same for a really long time and some player models are broken so i think some new models would be cool

They are the same for a reason. Getting entirely new playermodels would cause lots of issues regarding hitboxes, which are already sometimes scuffed to begin with. Not to mention that playermodel suggestions arent allowed anyways unless cleared by garnet.

3. Offer more jobs that ru or us can try out for so they feel like there is more stuff to work for.

Similar to the playermodels, except i think this is extra dumb considering the recent addition to lots of jobs that come along with VIP/Elite.

4.  We could try adding vehicles into the map that allow for faster transportation to war or for sims or anything

We usually have vehicles, but for the most part they arent that useful other than messing aroung. Plus, correct me if im wrong, but the server performance is better without them.

5.  We could try shorting the peace time down a little because I hear a lot of players complain about how they have to wait an hour for war but I tell them it’s so higher up can host tryouts and a bunch of stuff.

This is the one thing that i actually think might even be close to being considered. Although, lots of people use this peacetime for tryouts and sims, which can ususally take even longer than the peacetime sometimes. Ranger tryouts for example would span over multiple peacetimes.

6.  Have players earn stuff when they level up like in game cash or something like that

In game cash really isnt all that useful other than ammo. Plus, there are plenty of other ways to get money. Exapmles being dueling, payday, rewards system (if it still works), typing words in chat. Also, leveling up is meant for you to work on prestiging, which is a goal for many players.

Note: im not trying to shit on you for your post, and im glad that you are thinking of ideas to try and help the MRP community, but i think that you should think of some ideas that other people can side with, and that could genuinely help the server.

Edited by huskaii
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Josh Martin said:

There was an idea of shortening peacetime down to between 30-45 minutes. Only issue that we saw is Tryouts and peacetime activities. That being said, they could be split up into two peacetimes without too much issue. That'd be up to Garnet to implement in the current war system. Honestly, it'd be better if base faction officers were to give their enlisted something to do during peacetime. It didn't used to be like this, people stayed on, there were always tryouts or sims going on.

Case in point, enlisted were literally going to each-others bases yesterday to mass because they had nothing to do.

4 hours ago, Josh Martin said:

Having a cash shop (or expanded vending machine) would be a good way to sink cash into things, right now the only purpose for cash is prestige tokens and duels. What would you add to a cash shop if one was implemented?

Everything else has been covered by Huskaii.

• 1 month later...
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied

Vehicles have made a return but the rest of the ideas face strong opposition or are not worth the potential benefit.

@proggy Please Lock.