DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Radio chat

Bozee

I don't know how this would quite be done as I'm not a coder, but i think radio chat would be a cool thing to have. whether done between factions and base or through frequencies, I think It'd be beneficial to communicating on the server. I'd say frequencies would be a cool thing, but could be confusing, or people could troll on them. as I said i don't know how itd be done, I'm down for open discussion about it.

I think that radio chat would help people communicate. while we have TeamSpeak, having radio chat adds an element of rp to communication.

this is my 1st suggestion post idk if I did it right, I tried to follow format, but it seems like a basic idea that we could discuss. so I didnt really go in depth

Edited by cbozee
  • Disagree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

I assume this is for voice chat radios, as text chat radio already exists through /channel and /radio TEXT.

I feel like you touched on it when you said we have TeamSpeak for voice comms. TS fills the role of unique frequency voice comms to a T. Really doesn’t seem needed on the server.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs

I dont know if you are referring to Chat radio or a In-game voice radio but we already have a chat radio which is /radio and you can set frequencies by doing /channel (frequency number). We have been using /radio for years for rp. 

2 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

I assume this is for voice chat radios, as text chat radio already exists through /channel and /radio TEXT.

I feel like you touched on it when you said we have TeamSpeak for voice comms. TS fills the role of unique frequency voice comms to a T. Really doesn’t seem needed on the server.

yeah I was thinking voice chat radio, but I was thinking more of like a radio entity thats in your slots, and you can change frequencies or its specific to faction, idk... I was thinking it would help add an element of rp you know?

Edited by cbozee
Just now, Not Naitsir said:

I dont know if you are referring to Chat radio or a In-game voice radio but we already have a chat radio which is /radio and you can set frequencies by doing /channel (frequency number). We have been using /radio for years for rp. 

yeah I was more of thinking of it being like a slot in your inventory instead though, idk could be stupid just thought it'd be a nice little touch to rp

• Like 1
  • The Garnut

It's called utilizing Teamspeak's war channel. I have absolutely no plans on adding a voice-chat system to further hog the performance of the server, when I literally pay for a voice-chat communication system outside of Gmod.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Sad 1