DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Appealing Ban

dame

In-game name: PotatoJohn
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:93918012 
Staff members in-game name: TheBeast67
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name):  STEAM_0:0:157798865

Date & Time of incident: Thursday, July 9th, 2020 - 2:14 AM
Timezone: PDT
Ban Reason: MNLR
How long were you banned for?: 2874.6 minutes
Proof of Ban:  55a24b669a2bea2804ca58e21c6b2a77-full.jp 

What happened? (include any proof): I was unintentionally "NLR'ing" while waiting across the street of my base not interrupting in any way shape or form. I had unintentionally NLR twice before causing this to be mass, due to returning home a few seconds before 3 minutes were up and yet again on accident but full NLR being dumb and just walking in not thinking about it. I realize I had NLR'd the second time but not the first, so either way I stayed clear and as i've heard from other admin, patiently waited across the street for the raid to be over. 

Why should your ban be removed?: So the first reason I think my ban should be removed is because it was completely unintentional, The debate during the sit on the roof was wether this should had been NLR x2 or MNLR, which result in two very different outcomes. There is video proof ( @boalp and @fistedwalffes ) of me across the street yet it still counted as NLR when i've dealt with other admin and they told me when i was new to the game to just wait across the street until raiders are done.  NLR x2 would have resulted in a warn and jail time. I play this server a lot and was actually aiming to become staff, I had 0 warns until yesterday and i'm very familiar with this server. My friend and I have recently angered some people on garnet for reasons I do not know and both of us have been targeted by many to try and get us banned. That being said i'm honestly not sure if staff are involved in this bias opinion too, which is why I have taken this to the forums for more opinions from higher ups. Please let me know ! thank you.

To respond to Potato John, @Boalp gave me evidence of what had happened and I deemed it to be Mass NLR. To avoid any sort of altercation I also asked for a higher up to have a look on the evidence to which @Theta responded. He also said that this was a case of Mass NLR. Thinking that the situation was handled I moved forward with the ban of 2 days for Mass NLR. I believe that this ban is valid and should be kept. Also to provide extra context you did not wait the 3 minutes so that should have been clear the first time but you decided to go do it again 2 more times.

Edited by Beast
  • Like 1

Here is the clip of him NLR'ing the third time (He admitted NLR'ing the first two times; I can provide proof for those, if needed). - https://streamable.com/y8b0s5

I'm not sure how you're "very familiar" with the server when you broke a key rule and "unintentionally" did it. And, even if you unintentionally broke NLR, it doesn't change the fact that you still broke a rule. As you can see in the clip, you were standing right in front of your base, spectating. The rules clearly state to not return to the scene of your death.

Also, I referred to a previous report; it was a Mass NLR appeal where it involved Blaze and another player. Blaze kept returning across the street from his base and it still counted as NLR; his appeal was denied.

Here is the report I referred to:

And to double check that your ban  was valid, I asked Theta for his opinion. He agreed with me and told me that it is considered NLR. 

Edited by JC
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
11 minutes ago, JC said:

Here is the clip of him NLR'ing the third time (He admitted NLR'ing the first two times; I can provide proof for those, if needed). - https://streamable.com/y8b0s5

I'm not sure how you're "very familiar" with the server when you broke a key rule and "unintentionally" did it. And, even if you unintentionally broke NLR, it doesn't change the fact that you still broke a rule. As you can see in the clip, you were standing right in front of your base, spectating. The rules clearly state to not return to the scene of your death.

Also, I referred to a previous report; it was a Mass NLR appeal where it involved Blaze and another player. Blaze kept returning across the street from his base and it still counted as NLR; his appeal was denied.

And to double check that your ban  was valid, I asked Theta for his opinion. He agreed with me and told me that it is considered NLR. 

bruh that clip is literally me stopping to see if ur still in there on my way some where else. to any other admin that see this clip please reply with your opinion because I honestly don't think this should be considered NLR

Personally I am not sure whether it is valid or not for NLR. The clip that you provided shows that he was in the middle of the street and not on the sidewalk closest to the base (Which is what I was told is breaking NLR). However, if another player was banned for a similar reason and that appeal was denied then the punishment should remain. Also if this was the first NLR offense during the raid I could see the confusion but NLRing two other times during this raid shows me that you do not understand the rules. NLR is one of the most pivotal rules on the server and it is found on every other DarkRP server. If someone can clarify the distance of NLR for me that would be great. I do not think the ban should be removed because it did seem like you were spectating the raid and you broke NLR 2 other times. If it was the first offense that may have been a different story.

Denied 

I have spoken to @Beast & @JC and have seen the clips of the NLR. 
New Life Rule; Returning to the scene of your death immediately after dying or before the preset time has run out.  
Even though you didn't go inside your base you certainly did return to the scene of your death. 
In the future to avoid certain confusion about the rules don't hesitate to ask a staff member for help! 

@proggy Lock & move please!