DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Automated Event: Supply Drop

Entity

[Name of Event] Multiple options might be Supply Drop, Supply Takeover, Carepackage, etc.
[Event Start Text] Reports have been received of a Separatist Care package nearby with dangerous equipment. Locate and secure the package before the clankers use it against us!
[Event Description] A care package can be seen dropping from the sky (Or not) containing valuable loot that will fuel the Separatist army. Soldiers must find where the package is located, which will be surrounded by droid spawn locations, and secure it. There will be an "Overall Timer" that starts at a high amount like 5 minutes or so. This could be coded to fit the amount of players online (1 player = 30 seconds, 5 players = 2.5 minutes, 10 players = 5 min, etc.) When at least 1 player is within a certain distance from the package, the timer will start counting down. Once the counter has reached <= 0, the package is secured and the droids leave. If there are no players nearby the package (or the player nearby is defeated), the timer stops counting down.  There will be a maximum time of (insert value (I'd say around 10-15 minutes)), if the maximum time runs out, the droids secure the package and the mission will fail.

The leaderboard will display the amount of time a player is nearby the package *alive*. The player with the most amount of time may be rewarded. Multiple people nearby the package will not speed up the process but each player will have their leaderboard number rise for however long they remain alive near it. 

There may be a ship located near the site but it is not destroyable nor serves any purpose, we don't need another "destroy the ship" event.

[Maximum Time] 10-15 Minutes to be both enough and suspenseful 
[Top Leaderboard Prize] To be decided.

[Screenshot for example] This is a poorly photoshopped idea and the scenery is terrible, but it's an idea of what I'm thinking.spacer.png

Let me know if you think it's a good idea or if me big dum dum. 🙂

Edited by Entity
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

+1
A capture the point kind of event which will be unique in the automated event pool. This is will be a great idea to implement as it will be something new other than which player has the most kills. You have to work with your team to clear and hold the point which is the supply drop and have to defend it from CIS. We do have capture points on the server so maybe changing the model of the flag to a container of some sort and have it spawn/despawn in an outpost, and CIS surrounding it and the nearby area.

Edited by special
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, special said:

A capture the point kind of event which will be unique in the automated event pool. This is will be a great idea to implement as it will be something new other than which player has the most kills. You have to work with your team to clear and hold the point which is the supply drop and have to defend it from CIS. We do have capture points on the server so maybe changing the model of the flag to a container of some sort and have it spawn/despawn in an outpost, and CIS surrounding it and the nearby area.

+1 

I agree with special on this, this is also something I've had in mind for a while now too.  Garnet implemented all these unique events but he missed out on a classic... King of the Hill 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Accepted
Please bear in mind that this is not guaranteed to be added as I personally am no developer and do not know if this would be possible, it will be looked over by Garnet to see if it can happen.

@0zzy Lock and Move please.