DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Septembers Ban Appeal

September

I dont think that clip alone is really enough to ban, seeing outlines is hard even from a scope. Riskii got banned for using ESP cheats but then he showed that you could see the silhouettes, and that was from a scoped in perspective. I just think that that clip is pretty bad evidence for a perma ban, im sure there was more, hopefully, but if that was it then ima +1

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
6 hours ago, 0zzy said:

left no doubt in my mind.

The updated script knowingly still has render issues. With your distance from him and the way Garnet's map optimization works there is more than likely a chance the person simply was not there on your client-side.

2 hours ago, September said:

spectated me on Delta

FeelsWeirdMannow who told you this hun.

Rest of your defense is pretty pitiful and really just seems like you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole too fast and digging yourself deeper. Calm down.

Also, Ozzy I thought your perms to use the script were revoked, no? Regardless onto the actual clip. Only things evident to me are this;
-suspect does not move camera to extend render distance in the slightest
-Orsis sway is unseen. I've tested this extensively when Garnet implemented it. Sway does carry over onto the script as it directly effects eye angles. Now you could have been not scoped in for some moments but hey judging off your movement and where you are looking im gonna say otherwise, especially if you're gonna claim you saw a fucking sand phantom.
-Not to mention, the fucking sand phantom. You nailed it in the fucking head. The head is one of the last things that will come into render, we would have definitely seen something, before seeing a head that would pop up into render, but no nothing. Now, its a private and idk who the fuck at that, lets say they had an AK, then their head would still pop up a bit after their body and we'd see it as their bones are actually more tight together, i.e big rectangle boy would be seen over arm sticking out.

rest of post was too long oh well

Edited by Pencil
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
8 minutes ago, Pencil said:

The updated script knowingly still has render issues. With your distance from him and the way Garnet's map optimization works there is more than likely a chance the person simply was not there on your client-side.

That possibility was acknowledged and why I tested the spot from my POV with optimal settings. 

D Rose for reasons I no longer care about said no, but Jim allowed it. It’s not perfect but the imperfections can often be tested to ensure accuracy as the case here.

Not worth much but the PVT here is Keb, so not a bot by any means lol.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Informative 2

Do note that I am not in support of the ban appeal. I am sharing information that is helpful in deciding whether evidence is valid or not.

4 hours ago, 0zzy said:

That possibility was acknowledged and why I tested the spot from my POV with optimal settings. 

Evidence like this could easily be inaccurate. Your test, while unfortunately not possible to easily do anyways, does not follow the same exact scenario. Here's what changes from your test to the evidence:

- You are further up and to the left on that same hill, giving you more visibility. This helps your original evidence as the player is still not visible but leaves potential for false validation of evidence in other cases.

- You turn in your test to show us where the player is standing. There is terrain behind the player, so it lowers the potential difference in distance between the two events even further.

- We can only assume where Keb is standing in the original clip based on where September was aiming (head just above the hill).

However, here are some things to think about:

- In the original clip: Keb is not inside of your PVS. Entities outside of your PVS are generally "slowed down"; the server/engine doesn't send as many position/angle updates and your client doesn't predict, causing teleportation, as you're too far for it to matter. Meaning Keb could actually be in render for September and the server hasn't sent an update to you yet.

- But in your test clip: the other player is standing where we assume Keb would be at (based on the headshot kill in the original clip; in somewhat of a headglitch over the peak of the hill) and is still not visible even with you being further up on the hill.

In the future, for cases such as this where the evidence has a higher potential to be inaccurate due to lacking information, there should be more than one clip to show that beyond a reasonable doubt a player is cheating. Looking at all of the information and other key things from the two videos, it does look to be that September may likely be using an ESP or other third-party software/script.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 2
  • Agree 1
11 hours ago, Pencil said:

-Not to mention, the fucking sand phantom. You nailed it in the fucking head. The head is one of the last things that will come into render, we would have definitely seen something, before seeing a head that would pop up into render, but no nothing. 

Keb was going down the little slope pretty sure he jump so he can gp farther then he went to the left I saw little of his body then while he was going to the left I saw his head to I right click then left of his side  but you couldn't see it in Ozzy 1 proof he shown . every single time I got killed with a sniper I don't just look at where they are and head shot snipe then isn't that what esp is in Factory I can barley see because I don't use esp every time I was factory I got whipped because I didn't know from where because I don't use esp if theres more clips of me using esp ill take the ban but theres none and theres 1 shot of me doing "sus" . Don't wanna make this hard but a vega member can hit 3 shots out of render through high tall grass and not get any punishment . I hit 1 shot and I get banned. The only reason I got banned is because I was good at sniping . Im barley good with the aek . Today I lost pretty much  all fights I took with the aek to a vega  if I had esp I would easyly knew where they were gonna be an d when to shoot . Its pretty hard to believe that yall actually think im hacking when im probly the 3rd youngest person on the server.  And if you saw in ozzys 1 bit of proof I was looking a whole different way before  I shot because I saw something grey in my pov. If I had esp I would be tracking the person through the sand up on the mountain but I stayed in position to try to see if he would peek again when I saw his head above the hill I shot it because he was head glitching . Like I don't know how to use hacks I barley know how to switch my drives on my computer 

Edited by September
19 minutes ago, September said:

I don't use esp every time I was factory I got whipped

So you are admitting to cheating?

Don't wanna make this hard but a vega member can hit 3 shots out of render through high tall grass and not get any punishment .

I don’t understand why you are involving other players such as VEGA, when this ban appeal is about you.

I hit 1 shot and I get banned. The only reason I got banned is because I was good at sniping .

No the reason why you got banned was not because you were good at sniping, it was because you hit a sus clip. 

Its pretty hard to believe that yall actually think im hacking when im probly the 3rd youngest person on the server. 

Just because you are young doesn’t mean you are cheating, you can be whatever age and cheat in a game.

You obviously don’t have a clip of this situation. You were also known as a suspect hacker for a long time. You even asked me if you were sus. I also told you that you should record every war for your sake but obviously you have not taken my advice. 

Just take the ban, you obviously were ESPing and explaining whatever you did in that clip with no video is not going to help you.

Edited by Topshot1
13 minutes ago, Topshot1 said:

I don’t understand why you are involving other players such as VEGA, when this ban appeal is about you.

No the reason why you got banned was not because you were good at sniping, it was because you hit a sus clip. 

Just because you are young doesn’t mean you are cheating, you can be whatever age and cheat in a game.

You obviously don’t have a clip of this situation. You were also known as a suspect hacker for a long time. You even asked me if you were sus. I also told you that you should record every war for your sake but obviously you have not taken my advice. 

If I was suspected as a hacker there will be way more clips of me "hacking" the reason I included a vega is because they accusin me of using esp and if I was in grass I would've hit him in a out of redner shot because isn't esp show where they are. They reason I talked about my age was not so how I can get out of this. Its to bring out the expression that anyone what ever age can hit the shot if you can aim. The reason if I asked if I was sus is because everyone been calling me hacking I took it as a complement because I was good at the game But I guess ozzy doesn't . Then the reason I don't record wars because I use GeForce experience and like 15 minute clips takes up my space on my computer then after Im done recording I just delete them because theres no reason to have them . Im just trying to know if ozzy  had more evidence to show me I was hacking . because this hacking stuff is getting to my mind and im trying to prove that I don't but I don't know what to do I can show my files or something.  Im sure if I was hacking I would've passed every tryout that I didn't pass. Everytime Dex was basecamping on the hill I asked where he was but I still died hes better and I know . If I was using esp I would knew extacly where he is and head shot him

Edited by September

I saw people who were not banned from much more suspicious clips.
I think it is extremely sufficient evidence for perm ban.

This discrepancy between the bans has started to get really annoying.

Edited by VBSA2

Though it is sus, I don’t think we need another situation like with silo where he was banned off of one clip. I thought we all learned from that day to bring more evidence to the table, so if you get more evidence I will probably +1 it. But man I thought we all learned from the time a manager showed us 1 clip.

(Though honestly yeah it is pretty damn solid evidence I just like consistency)

Edit - I mean +1 the ban, not the appeal, sorry for any misunderstandings 

Edited by Captainswag
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Topshot1 said:

It was meant that I was in factory everytime us got in factory they killed me. Im just trying to get to this If I was using ESP that war he would've gotten way more clips but didnt

Edited by September
23 minutes ago, September said:

It was meant that I was in factory everytime us got in factory they killed me. Im just trying to get to this If I was using ESP that war he would've gotten way more clips but didnt

If you use ESP you can still get clapped. Doesn't matter if you know where the enemy is if you can't react fast enough or aim good enough to kill them.

• Friendly 1

Some extra information for those who may not be sold:

For you to hit a headshot on somebody who is "headglitching" here is a super lucky shot [considering it isn't really that possible or plausible]. They have to be standing pretty far back to have their head barely crest over the hill where you had shot. It's hard to put this into an actual perspective but I went to check it out and did my best to mimic your location and where you were aiming (was a bit difficult with the difference in FOV). They're already on the edge of render to begin for you there, even further out of your render if they were that low on the terrain as they'd be standing farther back.

I was already a -1 to begin with but was slightly skeptical due to how possible it is until I went and actually looked at the terrain. I have a few (3) screenshots but they aren't easily verifiable, I guess.

--

Here are better screenshots that show you what I mean.

spacer.png

Above is my closest guess as to where September was aiming except zoomed further with the Mosin ACOG. I tried my best to stand in the same place. If you compare with the original clip, do keep in mind that there is an FOV difference.

20200721152041_1.jpg

Above is the location that I have narrowed down for September to be aiming at based on crosshair placement in the original clip.

20200721152556_1.jpg

Above is approximately where you'd have to stand (except slightly closer than it actually is as the subject started moving too soon) to have your head slightly above the hill if rendering from where September was standing.

20200721152500_1.jpg

20200721152459_1.jpg

The above two show you what it looks like from about the same height but much closer. The target is standing much farther back than they appear.

20200721152533_1.jpg

20200721152537_1.jpg

The above two show the target on the border of render. This is the farthest you can get for a player to render there. This is up even FURTHER than Ozzy or September, which means that it was entirely impossible for September to render Keb "headglitching" from where they were standing.

And finally, similar to what we had seen in the original and test clips, this is what you would see if in the same position as September.

20200721152527_1.jpg

20200721152526_1.jpg

Edited by Torch
Added screenshots
  • Like 2

DENIED

After reviewing the clip and the tests of said shot, myself and other staff members have come to the conclusion to keep this ban as is.

Along with this a clip was given showing the actions of you before the main piece of evidence and it is clear that you are using some sort of external assistance.

The ban will stay as is.

@Garnet@proggyLock and move please.

Edited by Gythem2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1