Map change to Echo v1

Bozee

Change the map?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Change the map?

• Keep Chaharikar
    • Change to Echo V1
    • Have Garnet modify Echo for FPS and new features (discussed below)

For a while now I have been dancing around this, but over the last week or so charikar has just become very repetitive to me, so I was thinking it may be around time for a map change. 

Map change: Charikar --> Echo V1

for those of you that do not remember Echo V1, it was i believe the most recent map Garnet had made besides V2. Previously I had made a suggestion to add it in rotation and explained what had made V1 such a great map 

I think a map change now would help keep a sense of freshness, and since we haven't been on Echo in quite a while, I think its the perfect map to do it! alot of new players have never seen a polished map such as echo, and alot of players that have been here for a couple months or so haven't seen echo as well!

if you want the reasons to why I think echo is honestly such a great map! I've linked below the 1st thread I've had on it!

P.S if someone could add some screenshots of Echo V1 below I'd much appreciate it 🙂

• Like 1

I really did like Echo V1, but the framerate was atrocious if I remember correctly. The tunnels were possibly the best part of that map. I'd like to see it come back, but with framerate improvements.

However, if the community wants it now, then I'm not opposed to that either.

• Like 2
  • The Garnut
1 minute ago, PraetorDon said:

I really did like Echo V1, but the framerate was atrocious if I remember correctly. The tunnels were possibly the best part of that map. I'd like to see it come back, but with framerate improvements.

However, if the community wants it now, then I'm not opposed to that either.

I could honestly modify it for better FPS pretty quickly if I didn't extend the fog like I did in my HD remake 😞 200 hours of my time gone

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Garnet said:

I could honestly modify it for better FPS pretty quickly if I didn't extend the fog like I did in my HD remake 😞 200 hours of my time gone

I would be down for something like this honestly garnet, I think it would help people who have lower end PCs and who just didn't get good frames

• The Garnut
5 minutes ago, cbozee said:

I would be down for something like this honestly garnet, I think it would help people who have lower end PCs and who just didn't get good frames

Yeah, what's annoying is people are voting for the original, and they'll just end up crying about lag.

• Like 1
Just now, Garnet said:

Yeah, what's annoying is people are voting for the original, and they'll just end up crying about lag.

we could always switch to echo and then update it a couple days after with better fps if they end up voting original, thats completely up to you tho my man!

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, cbozee said:

we could always switch to echo and then update it a couple days after with better fps if they end up voting original, thats completely up to you tho my man!

I would personally prefer to only change it once, as opposed to multiple times as it hurts the population 😕

• Like 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
29 minutes ago, Garnet said:

My processor is par but I only have a GTX 960 on a laptop. I experienced some frame drops but I really believe the drops are overblown. I usually sit at 60-80 FPS with 65ish pop, Echo had me around 40, which for me is playable. I’m sure there are people who would scoff at that and never come on the server if that were the case.

Having said that, I think some FPS optimization would go a long way as it’s the only common qualm about the map.

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

My processor is par but I only have a GTX 960 on a laptop. I experienced some frame drops but I really believe the drops are overblown. I usually sit at 60-80 FPS with 65ish pop, Echo had me around 40, which for me is playable. I’m sure there are people who would scoff at that and never come on the server if that were the case.

Having said that, I think some FPS optimization would go a long way as it’s the only common qualm about the map.

I ran out of reactions lmao but yes I 100% agree with this, i think with FPS changes if anyone finds anything to complain about on echo then its probably unwarranted complaints at that point.  great idea to increase FPS tbh even if it isn't what people vote for 🙂

• Agree 1

I voted for the original Echov1 by mistake forgetting about the fps issues. It's a great map visually and functionality wise, it had a lot of depth and featured a lot more vertical combat than most maps. Echo I feel was really good for Objectives as it really pushed flanking routes and working together to hold objectives. Now, this does draw some flaws when we look at the current state of the player-base and server. Notably, basecamping was pretty bad on Echo.f6GFwKl.png

This spot alone could almost entirely stop US exiting from a single gate, and could only really be stopped with having a player sit in the base tower. Why do I bring up basecamping? Well its good to note for every map though considering the current player-base decides to rush bases within the first two min of wars, spots like this can be problematic, especially with how large the map is, making getting to OBJs longer than on charharikar(this is mainly due to the mix of mountains, water that provide cover but at the expense of speed).

Another thing I'll note, that I mostly see on Charharikar and don't remember much on Echo is fog. Fog is pretty aids, all you need is someone at a cheeky spot at your max render where they have something behind them and you literally just cannot see them since they blend in with the fog. I think this is mainly a problem on charharikar cause of the colors of the fog mixed with the background (it's a lot of browns,blacks,greys).

Also lets not just have a single post to determine a map change like before. That ends to a lot of 1 sided reception and not the full picture. I.e someone could really fucking hate charharikar and never played on Echo, but has played on CSD and has an opinion on it but can only vote for Echo/Charharikar.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
25 minutes ago, Pencil said:

I voted for the original Echov1 by mistake forgetting about the fps issues. It's a great map visually and functionality wise, it had a lot of depth and featured a lot more vertical combat than most maps. Echo I feel was really good for Objectives as it really pushed flanking routes and working together to hold objectives. Now, this does draw some flaws when we look at the current state of the player-base and server. Notably, basecamping was pretty bad on Echo.f6GFwKl.png

This spot alone could almost entirely stop US exiting from a single gate, and could only really be stopped with having a player sit in the base tower. Why do I bring up basecamping? Well its good to note for every map though considering the current player-base decides to rush bases within the first two min of wars, spots like this can be problematic, especially with how large the map is, making getting to OBJs longer than on charharikar(this is mainly due to the mix of mountains, water that provide cover but at the expense of speed).

Another thing I'll note, that I mostly see on Charharikar and don't remember much on Echo is fog. Fog is pretty aids, all you need is someone at a cheeky spot at your max render where they have something behind them and you literally just cannot see them since they blend in with the fog. I think this is mainly a problem on charharikar cause of the colors of the fog mixed with the background (it's a lot of browns,blacks,greys).

Also lets not just have a single post to determine a map change like before. That ends to a lot of 1 sided reception and not the full picture. I.e someone could really fucking hate charharikar and never played on Echo, but has played on CSD and has an opinion on it but can only vote for Echo/Charharikar.

this brings up the question if echo does come back, do we keep base render rule?

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Notably, basecamping was pretty bad on Echo.

Very valid point. A couple differences from then and now. A) Third person from war has been completely removed, meaning attackers must at least be showing parts of their head if they want to basecamp. So while it’s seen as shameful to be a “wall warrior” it will be even more effective this time around. B) Should areas become extremely problematic and game breaking, Admins and executives are now better equipped to add gates,trees, etc. Of course these changes would require Garnet’s blessing but they are much more feasible now.

Basecampers will basecamp but I feel like we are better equipped to deal with it now in terms of rules, gameplay, and perms.

41 minutes ago, cbozee said:

this brings up the question if echo does come back, do we keep base render rule?

Let’s leave that conversation for when/if the map swaps.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Like 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
1 hour ago, Haqlash said:

Is this going to have the same set up as most?

By this I mean the 100 votes requirement? It was explicitly said and Im just wondering because if so I will try to game some more people to vote in the Enlisted

Valid question. I think (don’t want to speak for Nutter though) that this next map change will happen under a much more calculated circumstance. This vote won’t be the “be all, end all”. The change will happen after the vote/ community feedback, map editing, stress testing, beta testing, and a review of the overall state of MRP. 

In regards to involving 2GA enlisted, please do! However I ask that you make sure they are making informed decisions. Make sure you provide screenshots, videos, and gameplay! If you need any of those, don’t hesitate to reach out and I’ll get those resources your way.