DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

special - staff application

special

In-game name: special

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:196864130

Warns: 0

Timezone: CST

Playtime?: | special has played for 799:12:52.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): None

Past experiences as staff: 

• GG MRP Admin (Human Resources) - 2017 (Resigned)
  • GG SWRP T. Admin (Operator) - 2020 (Resigned)
  • GG DarkRP S. Mod - 2017 (Resigned)
  • GG DarkRP Mod - 2018 (Resigned)

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I should be chosen over the other applicants for many reasons. I have a lot of experience with staffing in GG and out of GG. I used to be a staff member back in 2017 and 2018 on DarkRP. From my involvement on multiple staff teams, I’ve developed knowledge about all server rules as well as staff rules to enforce them and keep steady ground with all players. I’ve recently started back into DarkRP once again to enjoy the time I had before and expand on new friendships. My maturity has grown over the years from all the ups and downs I’ve gone through. I’ve learned from every mistake I have encountered and figured out a way to fix them to make me a better person. To prove that point, I was unbanned earlier this year from a community ban with the intent of returning back by fixing my behavior and that has led me to become staff on SWRP and acquire the title of Trial Admin.

Staffing has always been my go-to on every GG server. I cannot play on any server without staffing on there. I love the responsibility and challenges that staffing has to offer. It’s always been my passion day one to aid the server to the best of my ability. I know how to handle every report and situation in an impartial and respectful manner. I am already familiar with all commands, rules, and responsibilities of perfecting my role as a staff member. I strive to be a hard worker and a role model within the server to set a good example for both users and staff. I know that I can fulfill my job as a staff member and hope to add improvement to the staff team. Thank you.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? I was community banned in 2019 for doxxing, I made an unban appeal and it was accepted. Everything is resolved and well. I was also banned from MRP back in 2018 for MassRDM.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: The last DarkRP application I made was back in 2018.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Daily for 4+ hours

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I do have a job where I work 3-4 days a week but my hours are reduced due to medical concerns. Nothing else, I got a pretty boring life other than school.

Did you read the staff rules?: special

Edited by special
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

(+1)

I've known special since I've been apart of the Garnet Gaming community and he's got the rules memorized like the back of his hand, he's really serious about his position and he can actually say he's explored Garnet Gaming to it's max, he's staffed on MRP, DRP, SWRP, and he's an unstoppable machine. I think he could be a good help to the community. 

I hope for nothing but the best of luck to you! and I'd love to see what you bring to GG 2020.

• Like 1

+1 fills me with my Dino nuggets and a long time member of this community called garnet gaming. Insert song Collard Greens by ScHoolboy Q ft. Kendrick Lamar

EDIT: Special ALSO HAS A LOT OF STAFF EXPERIENCE ON GARNET GAMING AND HE SACRIFICED HIS LIFE FOR THE COMMUNITY

EDIT 2: He is also very mature and he has gotten up to admin rank so he does something right that most can’t do. 

EDIT 3: Logging out of all socials don’t HMU 😡

Edited by Wasdin
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
4 hours ago, special said:

I was community banned in 2019 for doxxing

Hmmmm not sure that’s a good look for someone who’s wanting to be staff again. I know you got it revoked but, this is something that doesn’t sit well for me personally. If I ever need staff on a server I fully understand that we all make stupid decisions with some being bigger than others. Doxxing in my opinion is one of those bigger things. It’s a direct TOS violation on just about any server out there for good reason. For that alone I have say -1

• Like 1
  • Disagree 5
4 hours ago, special said:

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? I was community banned in 2019 for doxxing, I made an unban appeal and it was accepted. Everything is resolved and well. I was also banned from MRP back in 2018 for MassRDM.

Can you please find the appeal if you can? Information on this would be very helpful.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
2 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

Hmmmm not sure that’s a good look for someone who’s wanting to be staff again.

2 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

For that alone I have say -1

Hi there! Formerly community banned player here! 

While special and I were banned for different reasons, I believe my chargeback also fits that definition of being a TOS violation on every community. I was unbanned as a part of the wipe and my Staff app was accepted here:

And now here I am with a green name and part of a team that I feel is the strongest it’s been since I’ve returned. Point being, formerly community banned players can come back to do great things. Shrimps and I being great examples of that.

You're certainly welcome to still feel that he doesn’t deserve to be staff on DarkRP, and I hope people don’t bombard you with negative reactions for giving a valid opinion. I just want you to know there is precedent of formerly comm banned players coming back and making a positive impact. Not to mention he was welcomed to the SWRP staff team being overseen by Garnet and Phantom.

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 4

+1 

You have a lot of past experience as staff and a passion for making communities better. I love to see players with the passion like you and would love to have you apart of the staff team. Your ban was a long time ago and i think second chances are something people need more of. You have learned from your mistakes and became a better player and better person. Good luck homie.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Hi there! Formerly community banned player here! 

While special and I were banned for different reasons, I believe my chargeback also fits that definition of being a TOS violation on every community. I was unbanned as a part of the wipe and my Staff app was accepted here:

And now here I am with a green name and part of a team that I feel is the strongest it’s been since I’ve returned. Point being, formerly community banned players can come back to do great things. Shrimps and I being great examples of that.

You're certainly welcome to still feel that he doesn’t deserve to be staff on DarkRP, and I hope people don’t bombard you with negative reactions for giving a valid opinion. I just want you to know there is precedent of formerly comm banned players coming back and making a positive impact. Not to mention he was welcomed to the SWRP staff team being overseen by Garnet and Phantom.

To add on to Ozzy's point: After I was unbanned, I immediately applied for staff on SWRP and it was accepted. SWRP is gone and I decided to come back to the very first server I joined which is this server (GG DarkRP).

As you can see this application was recent, it was made and accepted on May, 2020, and I was officially unbanned in the same month but I was already playing on SWRP for a month before that.

14 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

Hmmmm not sure that’s a good look for someone who’s wanting to be staff again. I know you got it revoked but, this is something that doesn’t sit well for me personally. If I ever need staff on a server I fully understand that we all make stupid decisions with some being bigger than others. Doxxing in my opinion is one of those bigger things. It’s a direct TOS violation on just about any server out there for good reason. For that alone I have say -1

I understand that doxing is unsettling and you have complete right to put that against me. I appreciate your opinion ❤️

Edited by special

Accepted

Welcome to the team! 

The overwhelming positive community response combined with your application has made this an easy decision.

You'll be receiving your rank before the end of the day. 

Contact Any DarkRP executive to receive your TeamSpeak Server Groups.

Please don't use any staff commands or go on duty until you have been trained by an L.Mod+.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1