DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

That time of year again

WreckEMsaints

So with the holiday season right around the corner I just wanted to first off say I’m already getting into the holiday mood!! Something I have done for years now is go to my parents house week before Thanksgiving and all my family has our big meal together. It’s great and all but this year on actual thanksgiving we will be making surprise trip to see my 90 year old grandma up in Colorado! What are some of your favorite things to do this time of year when your not on your computers? 

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

There’s this neighborhood in my city, not gated but one of those named communities yah know, where within the HOA, they get fined if they don’t decorate on Halloween or Christmas. There are obviously exceptions for the elderly, handicapped, and people who lived there prior to the stipulation. 

When I say this neighborhood goes hard... they go fucking HARD. Head to toe in lights, inflatables everywhere, photo booths in the shape of sleighs/ice rinks/etc, music blaring, and everyone’s just having a good time.

So my favorite thing to do around Christmas time (assuming it’s actually cold cause you never know with Southern California) is get a big ass cup of coffee or hot chocolate and just stroll that neighborhood with my girlfriend. The sights and atmosphere is as Christmas as it gets where I come from. The music, the company, and the beautiful decorations all make it something I look forward to every year.

For those wanting to check it out: https://yelp.to/akrzmZ4GVab

• Forums Moderator

Thanksgiving night we have a tradition of turning on Christmas music and putting up Christmas decorations. Then we come inside and watch Christmas Vacation lmao. Then the week before Christmas we go away for like a few days for a small little ski trip just to get out of the house before all the family comes to town. So that's all we do haha but we've been doing it since we moved here 🙂

Archived