TooRaw's Staff Application

TooRaw

In-game name:  TooRaw

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:171641067

Warns: 0

Timezone: Pacific Time (PT)

Playtime?: TooRaw has played for 237:17:02.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES

Referral(s): @Lotus @Noxii @ElCompadre

Past experiences as staff: I was a moderator for another server a long time ago; I'm talking 8th grade! I know, I am just as surprised as you are. I would be lying if I said I remembered the name of the server. 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? 

I still remember my first day on the server. "Hey, you want to be part of the talent show?" some admin yelled at me. "No," I responded. Ten minutes later I was performing on the stage. I didn't know it then, but I was embarking my journey into being part of a loving, heartfelt community. With the pandemic going on, it is easy to feel isolated and alone. It is easy for someone to dig themselves a deep hole. Before I stumbled upon the server, I too, was beginning to dig my hole. Every time I log on, there is not a day that I don't end up dying of laughter or vibing with friends. Garnet is a safe place for me, as well as the hundreds of other players that connect to the server daily. The community truly has a place in my heart - no denying that. You all have given me so much to the point where I want to give back to my community. I've seen the potential this community has. As a matter of fact, I am a product of that. As a staff member, I want to help foster friendship and overall love in the community we all know it can be. 

Honestly, I am not going to spend my time writing about how I am going to be fair during sits, or how I am going to be unbiased because that is what should be expected as a staff member. The question is what makes me different, not what makes me more of the same. What I will tell you, is what skills I have to help me become a well rounded staff member. As well as being a gamer, I am also a scholar. One of the educational "side quests" I have taken is debate. I was introduced and trained in this art around 2018. From 2019 to present day, I am a debate judge. I love hearing arguments, going through evidence, hearing rebuttals, etc. (shoutout to Tony for also being a law student). I know these skills will translate beautifully to a staff position. Along with debate, I am also a computer programmer! I love C.S. One of the things that come with being an aspiring computer science major is you have to be good at documentation. Your documentation has to be clear, rich, and concise. I absolutely love giving feedback in the forums. Not only does it help grow community, but it also helps people grow as individuals, which is my primary goal. You may see all my skill sets and hobbies as separate, but the beauty is that it is all interconnected. 

I want to help keep the server friendly. I want it to be a place where anybody can log on and have a good time - uninterrupted by rule breakers. Once again, everybody needs a space (especially during this time) to wind down, relax, and have fun. We all reserve this right. I don't want it to be taken away by others. You all have given me so much, please, give me the opportunity to repay you by keeping the server great. Allow me to put my time in, just as you invested into me.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details No

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 7-15 hours

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

• I write software programs for fun

• I literally have taken college classes near my area just to improve my C.S. skills. 

• I work for a non-profit here in the Bay Area that teaches communities of color to code

• I am the lead teacher for the class, "Intro to Code", where I teach people of all ages the basics of code (ya'll should join if you are interested)

• I play the piano quiet well

• On the server, I do my "piano & mic" concerts. Music is definitely one of my passions.

• I can't go a day without playing 

• I also play the guitar, drums, and bass

• I'm a basic "engineer"

• My team and I created a product that helps disabled people drive

• It's called the ultradot, still in its final phases of prototyping + marketing

Did you read the staff rules?: TooRaw

Edited by TooRaw
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

+1

Mannnnnnn. Dope application it's pretty informative and on top of that your an extremely laid back and mature person. I've had nothing but awesome experience with you, and I feel like you would catch on to things pretty quickly. Your hours aren't bad and you have great activity so those hours will only go up. I'm sure you would be a great addition to the staff team.

Edited by Lotus
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, TooRaw said:

I still remember my first day on the server. "Hey, you want to be part of the talent show?" some admin yelled at me. "No," I responded. Ten minutes later I was performing on the stage

Yeah that was almost 100% me ❤️

Also +1, not only have I seen how helpful you are in game, your forum comments that I've seen have also shown you are very helpful. I think you would make great staff!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Accepted

Welcome to the Staff Team!

You have been active ingame and show great potential to be an amazing staff member.

Please PM Proggy or Diego to receive your ingame rank and PM them or Me in Teamspeak for your TS ranks.

Once you have your rank, please don't go on duty or use any commands until you have been trained by a Lead Mod+.