DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Oboshi's Military RP Gamemaster Application

Oboshi

In-game name: MARSOC SGT Oboshi
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:0:65792502
Warns: 0

Timezone: Mountain Rocky.

Playtime?: | MARSOC Sgt Oboshi has played for 825:46:59.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Jake

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] StarWars RP, other disclosed communities.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I usually have a creative mindset when it comes to events. Sadly on StarWarsRP I got a new fulltime job and wasn't able to play on the server really much anymore I was on time to time. But, barely hosted event's. Before I got a fulltime job I was usually doing mini event's or off-worlder main events most of the time. I have a lot of experience with RP cause I needed to do most of the RP in events when I was GM. There was some people on the server that I did trust to help me in events too. I've also noticed how they're barely any Gamemasters on the server it is Jake and someone else. The fulltime job I had I quitted because of school. So now I'm back to being normal and active.

Now, the server rarely has any events going on. Maybe, its because of the new map coming out. Or maybe its the small number of Gamemasters their are. So I want to increase that number and also convince people to be apart of the gamemaster team. I also want to start enforcing RP little bit more on the server cause the past days I've been on it I've seen a whole lot of minging on both sides. So I also want to help people improve on RP aspects. I was Plo Koon on SWRP and help out with other factions when they needed it. I also have a lot of officer experience on MilRP. So I will enforce RP as much as I can on events and just in general.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details. No I have never been banned.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Now sense I don't work a fulltime job anymore I am free every single day.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Gamemasters are someone who try to make the server a little bit more spicy. Gamemasters try to give people other things to do instead of just passive RP. They make the server more exciting and more enjoyable. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute RP very fairly. I'll have people understand what i'm talking about so they can follow along. I was also be having people in a different TS channel that are helping me on the event. But it will also be very serious. I just don't want people to think "guns blazing lets go kill some people" I want people to actually negotiate or interact with things before they start opening fire on each other.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: Usually I will host a little tiny event on both sides claim an area and spawn in NPC's if they're any of them. Sort up squads and go inside breaching in doors racking it up more and more over and over. Getting them prepared for actual events. Then I'll get them to do the actual thing with people defending. The people defending will have to actually roleplay defend not jump around or use a matador inside of a building. They would have to hold corners do call out's like the real thing.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Event 1: Rescue mission. RU, or US has kidnapped one of there enemy's prisoners that was giving them detail. The opposing team is defending the prisoner and getting intel on what he knows and everything on a new weapon. The faction that will be attacking will come in 2 helicopters SOC factions will be in helicopters and Base factions will come on foot surrounding the whole perimeter. Be wise with enemy's on hills watching over the area. 

Event 2: Cargo mission. US/RU is delivering Cargo. The opposing faction that is attacking the cargo needs to plan on how they are going to cut off the cargo and steal it back. Either they can succeeded or fail getting the cargo. Do not blow up the cargo or you have lose (Which is prob going to be a Military Truck). If they succeed on getting the cargo they go back to there F.O.B. The faction that was attacked is now planning on how to get it back. The faction that got the cargo is now need to defend and find out what was in the truck. It can be a huge score or a big waste of time.

Event 3: Intelligent mission. A SOC faction on either side is going to be part of a Intelligent mission. You goal is to disguise up as RU/US. Get into the base and try to get as much intel as you can. The opposing faction can try to do whatever they want to find out your not part of there faction. So be prep up before you go into there F.O.B

Event 4: Perimeter checks. Helicopters will be deployed dropping off Base or SOC factions to be checking in on their Checkpoint/Outposts. But they won't know that the other faction is planning on a attack. With little amount of numbers at the F.O.B the opposing faction take the other F.O.B and captures it. Your OBJ is to recapture your F.O.B. (Most likely going to be a high player count event.)

Event 5: Nuclear weapon. In the middle of the map their will be some type of nuclear weapon. But it is explosive or high dangerous so be very careful when you go by it or shoot near it. Both factions OBJ is to capture that nuclear weapon. You can use Trucks, Helicopters or whatever you need to gain access to the nuclear weapon. When a team has successfully captured it  they will do tests and find out what it really is to see they can make more for the battlefield.

Edited by Oboshi
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

+1

I'm pretty sure Oboshi just returned to the community and ever since he has, he is been very active and a nice dude to talk to. With the events he has planned in the application and a former SWRP GM for GG. I don't see why he wouldn't be a good fit for the GM spot. Good luck.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Oboshi said:

no one recommended me to apply.

Well thats a fucking lie. 😞

You're one of the few swrp gm's who came from mrp meaning you should have the ability to transfer your gm skills from there to here.

The only problem I see with this is your VERY recent return to mrp and as we just saw with Valor, applying right away probably won't work.

If soneone is planning on denying this due to the mentioned reason, maybe consider leaving it on hold until he is properly engrained within mrp again?

Anyway +1 and add me to referrals you muppet I literally told you to apply.

• Like 1