appletechman

In-game name:Appletechman
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:552626688
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: 146:05:30
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] SMITTY  E Girl Shin Tsukimi
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] none
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I'm well known in the community and I'm on the server almost everyday unless I'm seeing my kid. I wanna definitely see this community grow and I wanna be apart of helping it get bigger. I wanna show the community i have what it takes to rise to the challenge and help make this server grow and show the higher ups that I'm able to handle this role. Choosing me will benefit everyone and the community as I will prove my worth with the actions and knowledge of a moderator to make sure everyone has a fun and safe place to be. You will never see a better admin with the delegate and dedication i will bring. To end this i also work for Apple So free tech support from me. I know that being a admin is hard but i would show that i have the necessary knowledge of the resources. I do know that being admin is tough in regards to how big the server is becoming, everyone is counting on you to have a solution to every problem and tool. I will also show proper etiquette and treat every member and staff with respect they do deserve. I also and very understanding so i am always looking to help our community and help the members that do join a second chance and hope in chance that they will change and grow as i have to loving the community more and more.  Foresight and Intuition is key for being in the role of staff, i personally believe the best admins don't need to be told what to do and are also they are the ones that are indispensable the ones the super admin cant live without. Multitasking is a core element for being admin, Multitasking from help doing sits to screenshots and videos to also doing sit and always being vigilante to make sure everyone has a great and fun time in the dark RP server.  Last but not least i believe i can show what i can do with perfect and excellent communication, communication is key when it comes to this role of admin, explaining to memebers of incidents and the higher ups the outcome and also explaining to the accusers the reasons as to why they are getting banned/jailed. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details  none
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: none
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 10 hour a day
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Family oriented i have a daughter which i see every Saturday so from 12-8 I will be unavailable  
Did you read the staff rules?: AppleTechMan

Edited by appletechman

I mean i get how you feel but there is really nothing more i can say and how can i put two paragraphs into this i mean the only thing i can do is show you why im worth it but if you dont want to change your mind then dont but i did want to apply because it looks like you guys could use the help 

-1. When I told you that you could add me to referrals, I did so knowing you were pretty decently well known as a non toxic player, and I've never once had a issue with you. I also warned you however that you needed to have 2 paragraphs at a minimum, and even gave you suggestions on things you could do to help yourself. I think if you redid this app with better paragraphs I will 100% change it to a +1, but you need to redo those paragraphs first.

HOWEVER.

I will vouch for you that you are generally non toxic, and have a well understanding of the rules. I think you'd fare better then some of the mods we have right now, and as such I am willing to keep my faith in you. Just fix those paragraphs, and edit this staff application. You are pretty decently known, at least among lower levels as generally non-toxic and even helpful. I remember the first time I really got to know you, you were helping a random guy get on his feet and learn the game. This type of behavior is what I have seen from you since, and you are just a generally nice player who cares about the server. Just fix your paragraphs, and I think you won't have too many problems. I think the one other thing you can do is build up your playtime, as I didnt expect you to apply this fast when I offered that you could add me as long as you kept up the non toxic and helpful behavior I have grown to see you do. I dont mind that you added me, but I think if this does not get accepted you should build up your playtime more.

-You have one paragraph 

-I personally haven’t seen you a lot but might just be me

From what shin said i like what you do and how you present your self. If you fix your paragraphs i will reconsider changing my vote.

Edit : Also don’t respond to every reply. Respond to a group of replys. 

Edited by BeMinxX
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Although I do agree with Shin on the fact that you are non-toxic (which is a great and necessary for a staff role), you have some flaws in your application that weaken your argument for why you should be accepted as staff. Again, I do not doubt your potential for the staff role, but your staff app doesn't sell your argument as you deserve it too.

------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions:

• Increase your total playtime
    • Yes you meet the requirement, but that's the bare minimum. 
    • Hours will come naturally - get to know the player base!
  • Strengthen your paragraphs
  • 16 hours ago, appletechman said:

You will never see a better admin with the delegate and dedication i will bring. 

• I will hold you accountable for this
      • You have one paragraph, it low key shows no dedication. The paragraphs are your selling points - it's what sets you apart. If you give us one paragraph, what does that say about your performance as staff?
  • Make yourself known
    • I just met you for the first time yesterday
      • Given your hours, I can see why you aren't really known in the community. 
    • Go meet players! Base together! Role Play together!

Once again, you have tremendous potential, but you're not quite there for me. Please take these suggestions then you'll be a very strong candidate.

Best of luck,

TooRaw

• Like 1

+1 Yes he has low hours, but he has put in the work in just a couple days to prove he wants to be an addition to the team. He's got a good understanding of the rules. Which is pretty good being that some staff still seem to be incompetent in some situations. I don't understand how when someone has the "minimum hours" to apply that they're in the wrong and still should wait and put in more. I've seen on multiple occasions where someone who has 200+ hours knows less about the rules than someone who has 30 hours. In my opinion it just tells me that you're scared that someone who has less hours than you will do better than you. 

• Like 1

+1 | I believe you are a good player in RP and outside of RP, but your staff app can deff use some dedication. It seems like your trying to make it sound like what we WANT you too be, were looking more for who you really are. Just a tip of advice, use better punctuation. make yourself more known in positive ways! Buttttt Youve been putting in mad hours and hardwork on the server, Level 50 with 151 hours? Dedication shows.

Edited by xxxtentacles
  • Like 1

Although I've seen you on the server once or twice and can't say I've had any bad interactions, I'm not sure that you're fit for staff.  I'm going to put what I think based solely off of this app below and hopefully help others make a decision if they are still on the edge of a plus or minus. I'm Neutral for now (Also considering I haven't had any real interactions with you) 

Pros: From this app I can tell you can take criticism and you have changed your app a bit based off of people's reactions. I like the points you made about how you'll explain to the person being punished what they're being punished for so misunderstandings can be prevented, as I think many members of the staff team could do this a bit better, even if it is what they should be doing anyways. It seems like you've got a lot of time to dedicate to the role and want to put in the effort, and we can use someone like that on the staff team.

Cons: Your paragraph reminds me of someone trying to get their word count up on an essay, using multiple words  and sentences that mean generally the same thing in repetition and making it considerably harder to read than it should be. In this paragraph you don't really say how you'll solve problems and mostly just outline things that every staff member should do, and how you want to show you can do it. Remember, this reasoning is supposed to be why you should be picked over other candidates.

Denied
You may reapply in 72 hours.
Please do not reuse any portions of your paragraphs if you choose to reapply.
Take the advice given from the responses here into consideration for any future applications.