DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Valor's Staff App #2

Valor1

In-game name: 18B SSG Valor

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 17 

SteamID (https://steamid.io/😞 STEAM_0:0:77748914

Warns: 1 - RDM (16/09/2020)

Timezone: EST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 180A WO1 Valor has played for 1613:58:46.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] 

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Millerjerm

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Mod on GG ; CSDESERT

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

After my first application I have realized how much I needed to prove myself to the community. I got to know many people and realized how much the server has changed. Personally, I believe I can benefit the server in various ways, which has shown throughout my activity within the server since my last application. I have seen that many factions are in need of help, and it is shown throughout the activity of their players, and generally the player count on the server. I tend to try my best to show that I truly care for the Garnet community by doing many new things with new players that join the server. I try to train as much even though it is not a benefit as a staff member I try my hardest to show that I care. I also do many activities with new players in which I love, and show them what our server really is about and it should not be preserved as a non serious RP. I help new players in general, help players solve problems, and I can do so much more as a staff member. As GM’s are hosting events that are super fun in fact, I have noticed that it is hard for them to do everything by themselves when there are so many players wanting to participate in the event. This is where I believe as a staff member I would help the GM’s to ensure that all players are obeying the rules, while also having fun. This is where I believe I would come in useful as I would try to explain everything including the rules and so much more. Not only that, however I have realized that staff members tend to be lacking when it is late. I play very late as a player, as I tend to get on later in the day and I want to proceed to help staff bring new players in while ensuring they understand the rules as most new players MASS RDM, and more server breaking rules. I will try to make sure that new players aren't only joining our server to mass rdm, but realize what truly great of a community GG is.

When I first ended up joining GG was back in late 2016 (I believe). Back in the day I feel the server had a better side to it as it seemed more of a welcoming server. However, I feel that the server is starting to miss the welcome feature where everyone is joining the server with a big warm welcome, instead of getting trained and nothing more. People should be wanting to come back to the server instead of getting trained then realizing that there is nothing to do and just end up leaving. As a staff member I want to ensure that players care about each other making sure everyone is having a blast of an experience that I once had. I know that I will probably not be the best staff member at the start as I was staff a super long time ago, but I am willing to relearn everything as I remember some things, but not everything. I'm hoping that I receive the chance to be a staff member that I once received a long time ago, and really prove myself as a player on the server.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: Last year, in Vizii’s MARSOC (2 week mass rdm).

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: November 5, 2020

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 1 to 2 hours per day at least (weekdays), 3 to 4 hours per day at least (weekends)

• Like 1
  • Creative 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

I think now its time for me to update this, its gonna be a -1 from me.

When soldier says that you help around base and help new players, that is only part of it. As of now I have not seen any initiative taken to prove you can do more like helping veteran players and bringing back new players.

Edited by Tuna
Update
  • Like 1

I never normally reply to staff applications since I tend to not care enough to type out a response. However, I've seen Valor around on U.S. and has been a helping hand with army enlisted when typically, not many people help (mainly the officers, but that's a discussion for a different day). He is well active enough to be staff  and I've seen maturity from my interactions with him.  Not only that but he was previous staff and member on GG, which is mostly a plus, and I never remember anything from the past that would explain why he should not be accepted. So it's a +1 from me

@Vlone @Krim1 If y'all disagree, might as well state why.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

After talking shit out in pm's I can say I was wrong in a lot of ways to -1 your app based on the things I was -1ing for.

As a person you're hella cool, and you've been a member of the community for a good chunk of time now. Activity wise you've managed to stay on the server, and you're still engaged with it. I think that shows a level of commitment to the community. Like I said earlier, saying things in your staff app is one thing, following through is a whole other thing, and I think you can follow through.

Just stay committed man, and don't burn out. Thats my main worry.

+1

Edited by Kendal
Changing in opinion
  • Like 2
On 11/28/2020 at 12:54 AM, Kendal said:

Gonna be a -1 from me man. Can change depending on feedback from other members of the community, or talking things out in pm's or something.

I just don't know how well suited you are for the role. It's one thing to type up pretty paragraphs about activity, or helping GM's with events. It's another thing to follow up on those promises. Now, as far as I know you aren't a bad dude. I've always liked you since i've known you. But being liked doesn't necessarily mean much when it comes down to being a staff member. I've got a couple reasons I am giving this a -1. But I will keep them private to avoid causing an argument or drama on the thread. If you want to know about them (valor) and talk them out, just send me a pm whenever.

13 minutes ago, Whiskey1 said:

Like Kendal said, to be liked by the community is one thing. But following up on these promises is another. But personally I don't think you'd cut it for staff.

Hey, I appreciate the responses. However Kendal I tried pming u 3 times and u haven't responded so im hoping u could get back to me thanks. Whiskey, Im also curious on why u think im not cut to be a staff... Not trying to sound rude, but if we could talk in game or something about it that would be great thanks!

• Friendly 1
  • Agree 1