DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Rework/Improve VIP Mod Purchasing.

MisterShankie

To address @PapaKrabbe's point, yes I agree that they get trained the same - never said they didn't so there is no misunderstanding. Anybody can know the rules, however not everybody can uphold them in a non-toxic manner. Yes we can train all we want (even I was trained beautifully by @Lotus), but what you cannot train is someone's manner and demeanor. But lets break it down:

Why are purchasable VIP mod roles a thing? 

• Lets be frank, the server needs money. Cool, nothing wrong with that at all. But what are the consequences? A chance to ruin multiple people's experiences.

Both purchasable VIP mods and staff mods get trained the same, why should we rework it?

• As I stated above, you can't train somebody's personality. Yes they payed $50 for the role they "should take it seriously", but at the same time this person that we are training can be toxic and unwelcoming to the community.
  • What actually goes on in the trainings:
    • You are questioned about the rules and trained with the UI. Yup, that's it. 
    • Again, anybody can know the rules, if we have low-level players, whom we've never interacted with get instant access to these tools it becomes chaos. We don't know who they are, all we know is they have a paycheck for us. 
2 hours ago, PapaKrabbe said:

but if a person is trained well input from the community is unnecessary.

• Papa, I love you, I really do, but this doesn't make sense at all. Think about it, we are the community. I understand that staff opinions are held higher - THATS THE POINT LMAO! This is depriving us of our opinion. Anyways, to address the quote, community input is most definitely necessary. I can train joe (made up) as much as I want. He could get ALL the answers right the first time - pass with flying colors. But if Joe is a negative person, someone who makes irrational decisions at a moments notice - he is not fit for the team. As much as joe knows his material, joe's personality will never change. This is why community input is absolutely necessary. We want to know who we're dealing with. I want to know if a staff member had a toxic interaction. We all have different sides to the story, but a purchasable vip mod role just shows us 1% of the story.

Purchasable VIP mod role needs to be reworked. Opinions need to be heard, not just money.  

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

So You want to remove VIP Mod? -1

yea no, its been suggested before and its been denied.

VIP Mod is great. Yea there are gonna be abusers but its been something we had for a long time and garnet is a smart guy. he wouldn't have added it if he feels it would hurt the server.

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1 

Your suggestion has been Denied

VIP Mod isn't going anywhere. Some great staff have come from VIP Mod and the package helps keep the server running.

VIP Mods are not immune to demotion.

As long as there is a proper administrative team to identify and mitigate issues, and an executive team to demote abusive staff, there should be no issue with allowing the rank to be purchased.

However @MisterShankie, the suggestion forum is not a place to call out specific staff members. Staff complaints should be directed to Diego and me.

• Agree 3