Fetn ban appeal v2

Fetn

So ik im friends with fetn but i got to say and i said it before. as Diego said this is from Gythem's POV and ozzy did say a long time ago that he have more sus clips of fetn. before he got banned i played with him most of the time beside the fact that he is a really nice dude who i enjoyed playing with there was nothing sus about him at all, everyday me and he used to sim and i managed to kill him multiple time even with a pistol i just think that this one clip isn't enough for this ban.   

Fetn is a very skilled players who is good not just at Gmod but also in CS GO and Valorant. 

• Agree 3
4 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Pretty sure they didn't publicly release those clips because they didn't want to "show the method in which they caught the hackers" (that's the reason I remember anyways, could be wrong).

I heard from multiple people the reason the evidence ozzy had on me wasn't released was because he deleted the 4 or so hours of raw footage on me because he wiped the hard drive all his videos were on or something. 

• Agree 1

I know I moved out of the community a while ago but remember back to when Bruh was banned, Staff was not allowed to put that ban through without 15+ clips of evidence all prepared to be presented for when the appeal came through. The only piece of evidence on this entire thread is the one posted by Fetn himself and nothing has been presented by the staff team. @DiegoZavier is completely correct that more needs to be brought to the table. 

• Agree 2

Classic ban.

Let me preface this by saying Fetn, I like you as a person, but I do think you were cheating.

However that does not mean this ban should be upheld. When this ban was made much of staff was already in TS together. After the clip in question and rendering and such it came down to a very simple question. I knew that Ozzy had an investigation on you for quite a while so I asked "do you have more clips?" He said he did, then later came back to me saying he accidentally deleted them when clearly up hard drive space.

It's always been my precedent in the past when dealing with ban appeals that there needs to be more than one "sus" clip. I've overruled judgements by Ozzy in appeals for this very reason (after sitting there for hours watching said clip over and over with different playback speeds, I'd still ban someone if it was obvious cheating, case in point this ban).

While this clip is more than just "sus" and in my opinion is cheating, the precedent set is set.

However I also set a precedent that appeals aren't for storytelling and apologies when holding back on toxicity ban appeals. This appeal feels like you're trying to use emotion to get to some people, instead of using actual past cases and evidence. You could've brought up the fact that you typically need more than one clip, could've blamed a connection issue on my end, even though it doesn't matter it would be better than nothing.

Yet another precedent set was the 30 day rule. If you didn't have some new, profound evidence, it would be almost instantly denied. Funnily enough, this was set for cheating bans specifically.

This is just some information and I'm in no way expressing what I'd do, it is up to the current staff team. Just giving some information from both sides of my mind when this ban went through and the original appeal happened; to help the staff team come to a verdict.

Edited by Gythem
  • Informative 3
On 1/3/2021 at 2:19 AM, Kendal said:

Bans for cheating shouldn't be reverted unless Garnet feels it is time for a ban wipe. You took the risk, got caught. The streamable clip is blatant. Like, that isn't human movement. 

I've argued both for and against (unsure of why my opinion changed at that point) this very streamable clip. It is not solid evidence of cheating. There are glitchy animations on some of the models of the people clearly visible in the clip that stop you from accurately and precisely defining the movement as cheating beyond a reasonable doubt. I was also under the impression that there was "more evidence."

And while we're on the topic: this 30-day appeal thing that targets permanent bans is also a problem. While I agree that ban appeals should be providing new information, in the case of major bans for major offenses, I do not agree that calling to question the public evidence (especially if used directly in defense of a ban) should be nulled simply because they took a bit to post an appeal, or are posting another appeal at a later date. It isn't the easiest to keep records of all things and I understand that, but in some way records of major bans need to be kept - ie. publicly (or unlisted, in extreme scenarios?) uploaded videos and screenshots on a list of links for staff is a starter.

If I haven't made myself clear, +1. (I'm sure I was on the fence about whether or not Fetn was legitimately cheating and given the time between now and then, I don't remember. Nonetheless, it's not important considering the single clip available)

Edited by Fier
Better language, op
  • Agree 1

+1

I agree with what Diego said, I have played with Fetn quite a bit and the man has some insane aim. That flick was hard though, I wish we could see it from Fetn’s perspective or someone else’s as well, but I think more evidence is needed to uphold the ban. 

• Agree 4