Rules for shooting holes in bases (not just crouch base rules)

royk01

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] what im basicly suggesting is a rule that specify how tall and how big a shooting hole has to be.
Also a rule where you need to have it at chest height or higher so people dont have to look down to the floors.
also what could be added is a rule that makes it so the shooting hole has to be hittable by any gun in the game. To make it more fair play,
rn 50%+ of our community uses sniper holes that are like 1 wide, bearly big enough to shoot a sniper shot through.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] it would benefit it to the point that people cant hide with just snipers in their base and wont be shot during raids. (aka easier for newer players/people without $ to buy ingame snipers or a dlore ect.
	Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] not really
Edited by royk01
  • Agree 3
On 1/13/2021 at 1:03 AM, ssss said:

Technically this is already a rule.

“Do not set up an unfair advantage in a firefight within your base”

I do believe there should be a certain size for the gap though to avoid confusion.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:03 AM, ssss said:

Technically this is already a rule.

“Do not set up an unfair advantage in a firefight within your base”

I do believe there should be a certain size for the gap though to avoid confusion.

im talking bout just bearly sized shooting holes for snipers, aka u need to be a god shot to raid someone with that kinda base. rule is basicly to enforce a wide enough shooting hole for shotguns smgs ect guns that dont have 100% accuracy and might shoot a bit crooked.

2 hours ago, royk01 said:

im talking bout just bearly sized shooting holes for snipers, aka u need to be a god shot to raid someone with that kinda base. rule is basicly to enforce a wide enough shooting hole for shotguns smgs ect guns that dont have 100% accuracy and might shoot a bit crooked.

-1 I don't really see the problem in this type of base. It's still a fair fight as you can shoot them in their head at the same moment that they can shoot you. Just get some more skill lol. Yes, it may be a little OP, but it's still a fair base and this is what years of DarkRP on this server have come to, people will master their craft over time and create even better bases.

20 hours ago, JackJJ said:

-1 I don't really see the problem in this type of base. It's still a fair fight as you can shoot them in their head at the same moment that they can shoot you. Just get some more skill lol. Yes, it may be a little OP, but it's still a fair base and this is what years of DarkRP on this server have come to, people will master their craft over time and create even better bases.

well we can test this, ill use a sniper in my base u use a rifle.

its not fair play if u need specific things to be able to kill

and btw ive been here for years. I dont have issues with it but people say its unfair given its practicly sniper only when raiding.

Edited by royk01
  • Disagree 1
17 minutes ago, royk01 said:

well we can test this, ill use a sniper in my base u use a rifle.

its not fair play if u need specific things to be able to kill

and btw ive been here for years. I dont have issues with it but people say its unfair given its practicly sniper only when raiding.

Why would I use a rifle when I have a sniper? Also, it is fair because anyone can get any weapon as long as they get enough money. That’s the point of grinding. You start off with nothing but $10k, and to become more overpowered, you need to grind to get levels, money, and weapons. This isn’t even an issue about bases if you’re going to restrict the weapons that I use because then it just comes down to me not being allowed to use my better weapons.

• Agree 1

On 1/15/2021 at 9:08 AM, JackJJ said:

Also, it is fair because anyone can get any weapon as long as they get enough money.

JJ is right here, it is already in the rules not to build a legitimately unfair base, and high level players shouldn't suffer because they can't be easily raided by a fresh spawn.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:57 PM, PIuto said:

JJ is right here, it is already in the rules not to build a legitimately unfair base, and high level players shouldn't suffer because they can't be easily raided by a fresh spawn.

being forced to use a sniper is considered an unfair advantage given u have to have a specific item to be able to attack back. (by this i mean that someone is forced to use a weapon, they cant use shotguns or anything else because sniper bases exists, once again idc about these rules but im tired of kids complaining about it, its been 4 years with this, might aswell just make a spicific height/Width for shooting holes in bases).

and im not talking like expose half ur body in the shooting hole, like partially enough for a rifle/smg/shotgun that isnt 100% accurate to have a chance of shooting inside, shouldnt really mean anything if ur actually good at the game.

non the less its my view on this thing.

if needed i can get someone to help me later show what i mean, but i guess these people wanna keep their super tiny shooting hole bases lmao.

and incase u think im complaining about the height/width, i use the same method, i also do have dlore and multiple other perma weps m4a1-s ect. but i dont need small impossible to shoot through sniper holes, to defend my bases.

Edited by royk01
1 hour ago, royk01 said:

being forced to use a sniper is considered an unfair advantage

if you can hit them with a sniper you can hit them with any other gun, just add skill I guess

1 hour ago, royk01 said:

its been 4 years with this

If you've been seeing this for four years, and nothing has changed, it's probably because the bases are fair 😉 

Edited by PIuto
23 hours ago, PIuto said:

if you can hit them with a sniper you can hit them with any other gun, just add skill I guess

most non sniper weapons dont have 100% accuracy, wich means if u shoot more than 1 bullet u gotta wait 2-3 seconds, and for a person raiding a sniper base thats impossible. try to spray with a m4a1-s for example, you`ll see first bullet might hit but everything after is gonna end up moving up and dont ect

6 minutes ago, royk01 said:

most non sniper weapons dont have 100% accuracy, wich means if u shoot more than 1 bullet u gotta wait 2-3 seconds, and for a person raiding a sniper base thats impossible. try to spray with a m4a1-s for example, you`ll see first bullet might hit but everything after is gonna end up moving up and dont ect

Then fix the weapons, not the bases lol. Sounds like you need to make an entirely different thread.

• Disagree 1
  • 5 months later...