DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Weapons Revert

huskaii

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

I am suggesting that we revert back to the old weapon system, but with a few changes to it. These changes include a few things, one of which being the sniper fast fire fix. A big issue with the snipers before was the fact that they  could easily be abused by fast firing, especially the mosin. But a fix to this was introduced with all the other weapon changes. Another change would be keeping the shotguns how they are right now. With the old guns, there was a good balance for what guns players would use in war. But that has completely gone out the window with current weapons. This suggestion would also mean removing movement speed debuffs on guns. Another compromise could also be to just remove the speed debuffs and continuously work on the current weapons.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

It has been long enough for people to realize that the current weapons are not what they were told to be. Before all the weapon changes, the server pop was steadily increasing as a lot of older players were coming back and having fun again. But after the change, everybody I have spoken to has lots of issues with the weapon update. This has caused lots of players to leave or simply not play war anymore because it isn't fun. This is because there is no point using any weapons in war anymore except for Assault rifles or a marksman rifle. Using an SMG will get outclassed by an AEK or base class gun any time. Shotguns are useless, LMGs are useless. Even snipers are useless when pinned against a marksman rifle. The old weapons actually promoted a wide range of use, with shotguns and snipers being the two main issues. But these issues would be mitigated with the changes above. For as long as I have played, the thing people liked about the war system was the fast paced gunplay and constant action.

TLDR: Revert back to old weapons with a few changes regarding snipers and shotguns due to lack of balanced weapons and the range of weapon use. Or simply remove movement speed debuff and work on current weapons more

Edited by huskaii
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8

+1 I agree, I kinda like a few things on this update like prone (before removed) but gunplay is terrible  pdss, sso (said by huskaii) have horrible weapons due to the changes before pdss used to have very good guns but the army ar-15 is better than the cz now. Also reverting the sniper movement is something else that needs to be changed the t-5000 or orsis weighs 14 pounds which people can most definitely run much faster than 1mph (mosin is 7 pounds and still runs the same as the orsis).

Edited by Foxxx
  • Agree 3

+1 - The Gun System rework has made gunplay on the server slow and sluggish. Where as before it was fast paced and competitive. now you just get lasered with an 11B AR and you have wasted 24$ on a gun that is supposed to match or even outclass those guns, The Idea of a Gun Rework was a great one but the way it was implemented was an unneeded change, All that is required it some spread and damage/ damage fall off changes as spoke about in the original gun rework post, There was no mention of extreme loss of movement speed with certain weapons. The way the new system is i find that war is no where near as fun for players and  has caused many to show lack of activity because of that.

• Agree 1

+1

I think that the weapon change that was in their mind was much better than how it ended up. 

now you just get lasered with an 11B AR and you have wasted 24$ on a gun that is supposed to match or even outclass those guns

I agree with this 100%. Now, right as out get out of your arch, some 11B PVT lasers you from who knows where. A gun that you purchase with real money should be better and out-perform a gun that is available to anyone at the rank of PVT. Going back to what @Soap- said, war isn't as fun anymore with how it is now. I feel like before the revert, it was more fast-paced, however now, it feels a lot slower and less exciting. I feel like snipers definitely got hit the hardest by the changes. A marksman rife would 100% out-perform a sniper at the state they are in now. as @huskaii said, the only weapons we are really seeing now are Assault rifles and marksman rifles. 

• The Garnut

Not reverting a hundred hours of work along with 2-3 other people. Simply make another post and request specific changes to each weapon in its category. We can genuinely do this as many times as needed until we get things right.

Thank you and hope you understand!

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 3