DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

One last attempt for MilitaryRP

So idk how you came up with this silly idea of removing faction cuz there is absolutely no need for that.

the problem is not SOC not getting is the problem is that army and 2GA are non existing because idk the last time I saw many SGTs on both side.

removing a faction is not the solution I’m helping army myself by doing tryouts for them or sims. And my enlisted can keep them busy as well. So I don’t see any reason so remove any faction there is rn. 
And staff also is helping a lot just yesterday we did like 4 events but no one was getting on. It may be the gun change it may be the map.

but removing faction is not going to help anyone it’s just going to make more people leave.

2 hours ago, Party said:

So idk how you came up with this silly idea of removing faction cuz there is absolutely no need for that.

the problem is not SOC not getting is the problem is that army and 2GA are non existing because idk the last time I saw many SGTs on both side.

removing a faction is not the solution I’m helping army myself by doing tryouts for them or sims. And my enlisted can keep them busy as well. So I don’t see any reason so remove any faction there is rn. 
And staff also is helping a lot just yesterday we did like 4 events but no one was getting on. It may be the gun change it may be the map.

but removing faction is not going to help anyone it’s just going to make more people leave.

I came up with it because we did it once before, and it worked out pretty well. If those players of the closed faction want to actually play/contribute they'll stick around, if not, nothing of value was lost.

The finer details, such as a merger between the two tier 2's could be left up to the staff team. Doesn't have to be a full removal.

If no one is getting on, and staying on despite running four events, then maybe it's time to re-examine what keeps people entertained.

• Agree 2
56 minutes ago, PraetorDon said:

If no one is getting on, and staying on despite running four events, then maybe it's time to re-examine what keeps people entertained.

Are the events ever any good? I can't say that i've participated in the most recent ones, but i've participated in the older ones. Most of the RP is either stupid Zombie attacks with NPCs or the Same attack/kidnap scenario. There's almost no creativity in the GM/Staff team. Assuming its the same old that I saw since GMs on MRP were first introduced. I suggest actually planning (fun) events instead of repeating event ideas. Using player count isn't a excuse, plenty of times that the SWRP team had to rework events to match the current player count and figured it out. 

As far as Maps and Weapons go, Honestly doesn't matter. Regardless of what garnet does someone is losing out, not everyone is going to be 100% happy. As kendal mentioned, a full reset might actually be helpful. I've said this idea to people many times but it's always been seen as a joke. MRP isn't in a good state anyways so why not reset it. Find Competent staff members, put them in as Marshal and GA and open 1 SOC faction then build from there when there's a sufficient amount of competent leaders. 

11 hours ago, Garnet said:

I'd like to either re-work MilitaryRP

Garnet mentioned the idea a while ago of changing the way MRP War system works, I think at this point giving it a try might be helpful. It creates something new for everyone to try out and see if we like it. Thats another topic that could be brought up.

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, Garnet said:

Well, they currently do have near pinpoint accuracy, are you referring to their recoil?

A server-wide recoil reduction would certainly not go unappreciated; Specifically the G3. It's nearly unusable in it's current state. I'm thinking more along the lines of "Each gun type has a similar amount of recoil to eachother. IE:SMG,Rifle,Pistol.

Look I dont play at all anymore
But I do want to point out that when i did play, especially in 2018-2019, we just entertained ourselves.

Everything got a whole lot more serious for some reason, and if you wanted the server to be serious, it really kinda pushed away all that fuckery that I know the players back in the day enjoyed.

Sure there isn't as much chaos as there was in 2019 CSCDesert, but that stupidity and just freedom that allowed us to mess around with our friends without having to be serious was one major thing i just know people enjoyed. Hell those were probably my favorite times on the server, i could care less about a map, or weapons (How they handle, i love variety, even if that just means reskins). I got to run around as a goat in war biting peoples ankles and yelling at them through a mic. There are little things that make a server like this a fun place to be. And if players get to experience those little things, they will surely want to come back and play again and again.

I personally think the thing that ruined the fun for me was when everything got too serious for a server that just wasn't serious, i know I am a 'vet' and just reminiscing on the past, but i feel like it is worth noting.

Don't know if this helped Garn-man, just trying to give an input i felt needed to be shared.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

Another Idea Added Onto what people are saying,

Do a Ban wipe

Allow for some Vets,People who have bans come back and play. 

Start Fresh If this gonna be the really your "last attempt".

Giving People More Freedom would be cool. Idk if its Possible, but maybe create like a area in the skybox or somewhere were players can teleport too. it will be like a area were everyone can do sims , some out of war fun shit. like create a soccer arena, basketball arena. Add stuff that would entertain the players when war is not on. 

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Party said:

The numbers are too low to maintain 3 SOC Factions. A merging of something like GRU + SSO and GB + Rangers is almost necessary at this point. You can't reasonably maintain a faction. The fact that 60% of the playerbase, including a large chunk of SOC, has left. Along with the fact that there's not enough players to pass; Let alone attend tryouts, results in dead factions. It's not optimal, but we can't afford to segregate our players when there's so few in the first place.

18 minutes ago, BERB_DERE_GOTE said:

The numbers are too low to maintain 3 SOC Factions. A merging of something like PDSS + SSO and GB + Rangers is almost necessary at this point. You can't reasonably maintain a faction. The fact that 60% of the playerbase, including a large chunk of SOC, has left. Along with the fact that there's not enough players to pass; Let alone attend tryouts, results in dead factions. It's not optimal, but we can't afford to segregate our players when there's so few in the first place.

Edited by BERB_DERE_GOTE

You can always rip out the floorboards, but another approach I've been taking part in lately is the artform of building an enormous dev team by making the server open source (with some caveats so people can't just clone it and start their own servers), and encouraging the playerbase to become the dev team through a platform like Gitlab, where contributes can submit their changes and updates through MR's, instead of just suggestion threads. It would take a while to put together, but creating an environment where experienced code monkeys and aspiring developers can come together and improve the server is a way to dramatically increase content output at little to no cost.

(I just recently became an official member of an OS dev team of nearly 30 people for an unnamed community because I wanted an internal perspective on how they were able to push out updates so efficiently, which is why I'm making this recommendation. While there are only approx. 30 people on the dev team officially, the total amount of contributors numbers in the hundreds.)

Edited by shrimp
  • Agree 7
46 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Another Idea Added Onto what people are saying,

Do a Ban wipe

Allow for some Vets,People who have bans come back and play. 

Start Fresh If this gonna be the really your "last attempt".

Giving People More Freedom would be cool. Idk if its Possible, but maybe create like a area in the skybox or somewhere were players can teleport too. it will be like a area were everyone can do sims , some out of war fun shit. like create a soccer arena, basketball arena. Add stuff that would entertain the players when war is not on. 

i disagree with this entire post a ban wipe wont help at all it will just make the staff team more occupied with making sure they wont cheat again rather than making sure people will keep on playing the server. 

4 minutes ago, shrimp said:

You can always rip out the floorboards, but another approach I've been taking part in lately is the artform of building an enormous dev team by making the server open source (with some caveats so people can't just clone it and start their own servers), and encouraging the playerbase to become the dev team through a platform like Gitlab, where contributes can submit their changes and updates through MR's, instead of just suggestion threads. It would take a while to put together, but creating an environment where experienced code monkeys and aspiring developers can come together and improve the server is a way to dramatically increase content output at little to no cost.

Hammer  is widely available and I'm aware of several people, including myself who'd be willing to help with map-making.

Just now, Party said:

i disagree with this entire post a ban wipe wont help at all it will just make the staff team more occupied with making sure they wont cheat again rather than making sure people will keep on playing the server. 

While I agree with you that this is a bad Idea; You haven't suggested anything thus far, and have just shot down ideas without contributing new ideas.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Party said:

As staff, we shouldn't just automatically assume the worst of people who get unbanned, this creates inherit bias which is something we should curb as much as possible as staff.

@OpTic Gunner A ban wipe would theoretically MAYBE bring people back, but the problem would still be getting people to stay. The problem isn't that we don't have players joining the server, new players hop on all the time. The problem is keeping them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
3 minutes ago, BERB_DERE_GOTE said:

Hammer  is widely available and I'm aware of several people, including myself who'd be willing to help with map-making.

While I agree with you that this is a bad Idea; You haven't suggested anything thus far, and have just shot down ideas without contributing new ideas.

well all i see is that people who barley play or left the server when we needed them the most suddenly are coming back pitching ideas out of the blue .

i may not have any ideas atm but what i actually do is make sure everyday that i am doing my best for the server.

1 hour ago, Aparh said:

Are the events ever any good? I can't say that i've participated in the most recent ones, but i've participated in the older ones. Most of the RP is either stupid Zombie attacks with NPCs or the Same attack/kidnap scenario. There's almost no creativity in the GM/Staff team. 

I had a plug-in that I was looking at that massive improved NPC AI. Worked on the test server I had going, they actually became a threat. Don't remember why I didn't push it through though.

Honestly, the greatest issue I had with the GM system was the inability to spawn in weapons, and the lack of a meaningful rewards system to the factions who "won" the event/participated.

6 minutes ago, Party said:

well all i see is that people who barley play or left the server when we needed them the most suddenly are coming back pitching ideas out of the blue .

i may not have any ideas atm but what i actually do is make sure everyday that i am doing my best for the server.

Well for me personally, I got burnt out, had a lot of personal shit to deal with, and didn't feel it was fair to sit in an Executive position and do nothing. 

Currently, I work full time, and attend school part time. I don't have time to come back and spend six hours a day on Garnet. A forum post takes five minutes at most.

So, I'll ask a question seeing as I don't play anymore. What do you think new players want?

• Agree 2