Phantom

Weapon Changes  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Weapons Stats?

• More of a Call of Duty feel
    • Keep them as they are

• The Garnut
Just now, Yazmo ☣ said:

Because we tried it for almost 2 months with the MP5. And we saw how that went. What’s the point in assimilating all the weapons into the same shitty laser if we just had weeks of complaints about a laser weapon. 

But yeah. If you want to use up YOUR time to rebalance everyweapon to the same laser where one has 1% less recoil and it is the one that is abused. Then go ahead.

Man. If theres one thing more offensive than people being ignorant, its the fact they think they know everything and how everything is planned out. My discussion with you is over. I'm glad you can see into the future to know exsctly how i plan on modifying every weapon in the game.

Ps. The issue with the mp5a5 is that it was broken with absolutely 0 recoil and spread, and limited to donators only.

• Community Director
23 minutes ago, Yazmo ☣ said:

Also I don’t know if you’re fucking just a numb skull or what but Black Ops was not mentioned fucking once in this whole thread. Also Phantom specifically mentioned what type of COD he wanted to simulate and which weapon was ideal. 

Black Ops is a COD game you fucking degenerative bastard 

Edited by AlexConway
6 minutes ago, Garnet said:

into the future to know exsctly how i plan on modifying every weapon in the game

Doesn’t matter if it was one weapon or 5 weapons. The ones that are different are going to be used for the better.

Ps. The issue with the mp5a5 is that it was broken with absolutely 0 recoil and spread, and limited to donators only

COD weapons had the exact same thing. We haven’t had any sort of plans or ideas from you yet only the general idea which I am opposed to. 

how everything is planned out. My discussion with you is over.

If you want to provide us a plan I’d be more then happy to look it over and maybe change my opinion. For the moment with the facts I have this is how I feel about changing weapons to being similar to the COD4 M16 (low damage low recoil)

Many change to weapons where we lower recoil and damage is shitty in my opinion. If you are willing to provide a more of an idea then just “weapons with lower recoil and lower damage” then yeah, then I’d seem close minded.

• Community Director
4 minutes ago, Yazmo ☣ said:

But it hasn’t been mentioned once in this whole thread. And thanks for the advice I never knew that lmao

So something has to be mentioned previously to be brought up? Better go attack Ethan for bringing up halo. 

Also you’re welcome I love helping disabled children 

Edited by AlexConway
5 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

o something has to be mentioned previously to be brought up? Better go attack Ethan for bringing up halo. 

Ethan brought up Halo and COD just to reference shooter games in general where teams are auto balanced and will always be almost even. Not to mention match making. 

Edited by Yazmo ☣
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Yazmo ☣ said:

Doesn’t matter if it was one weapon or 5 weapons. The ones that are different are going to be used for the better.

COD weapons had the exact same thing. We haven’t had any sort of plans or ideas from you yet only the general idea which I am opposed to. 

If you want to provide us a plan I’d be more then happy to look it over and maybe change my opinion. For the moment with the facts I have this is how I feel about changing weapons to being similar to the COD4 M16 (low damage low recoil)

Many change to weapons where we lower recoil and damage is shitty in my opinion. If you are willing to provide a more of an idea then just “weapons with lower recoil and lower damage” then yeah, then I’d seem close minded.

This thread is quite literally asking the community if they'd be open to trying out newly stylized weaponries, as opposed to, hey it's going to be "just like this". Hence why Phantom brought up the example of COD with lower recoil. Your response entails that you know exactly how the weapons will play out and what their stats will be. relax man

• The Garnut

Ethan brought up Halo and COD just to reference shooter games in general where teams are auto balanced and will always be almost even. Not to mention match making. 

I'm currently experimenting with war balancing efforts, I've temporarily buffed RU weapons by 20% for a war that was roughly 2.5:1 (US to RU) and RU lost, more recently I experimented with spawning them armor in a war that was 2.75:1 (55 US to 20 RU) which resulted in a near tie, where RU won at the last 20 seconds of war. 

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I'm currently experimenting with war balancing efforts, I've temporarily buffed RU weapons by 20% for a war that was roughly 2.5:1 (US to RU) and RU lost, more recently I experimented with spawning them armor in a war that was 2.75:1 (55 US to 20 RU) which resulted in a near tie, where RU won at the last 20 seconds of war. 

And that’s great. It’s glad to see a positive change like this happen and seeing you trying different ways actively to do stuff like this. But on the subject of weapon change the words “low recoil and lower damage” in general is not a healthy change in my opinion. As I’ve said numberous amounts of times the low risk low reward playstyle is boring and leaves no room for outplay or self improvement as a player.

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

Hence why Phantom brought up the example of COD with lower recoil. Your response entails that you know exactly how the weapons will play out and what their stats will be. relax man

The whole COD thing doesn’t matter. You could of said Halo, Black Squad, any shooter with low recoil low damage and it would not be healthy for garrysmod. ThTs that part that bothers me. By any amount of stat change low recoil + low damage is not fun to play.

I’m very conflicted right now. I don’t mind the current state of the game. Sometimes I pop off, and sometimes I get outplayed and destroyed. But, personally I’m ready for a change. If we don’t try this out, I’d be completely fine with it, and would just continue on trying to improve as a player. If we do try it, at least we would know instead of (at least for me) always wondering if it would have been better for the community as a whole. I’d be excited to see how this turns out. If it turns out poorly across the board, we go back to what it was, or look for another route. Either way I’ll stick around. 

TLDR: +1

~Versetti

• Like 1
  • The Garnut

“low recoil and lower damage”

no room for outplay or self improvement as a player.

Here's where you're extremely wrong. My idea in this 'experiment' which I wish I spoke to Phantom about more before making this post, is to rid of SPREAD which is quite literally the function under which your bullets shoot in random directions. In replacing spread, I would add more recoil (both horizontal AND vertical) as to force the player to learn how to stabilize their aim while spreading, granted, if they learn the spray pattern of weapons, they will have a big advantage over new users, rather than forcing them to be at the mercy of random spread.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Here's where you're extremely wrong. My idea in this 'experiment' which I wish I spoke to Phantom about more before making this post, is to rid of SPREAD which is quite literally the function under which your bullets shoot in random directions. In replacing spread, I would add more recoil (both horizontal AND vertical) as to force the player to learn how to stabilize their aim while spreading, granted, if they learn the spray pattern of weapons, they will have a big advantage over new users, rather than forcing them to be at the mercy of random spread.

Okay so I agree with this. This is the EXACT opposite of what I am complaining about. You are adding more recoil but it consistent every time. That is a change I could get behind. I am very for this. I would make a separate post listing this idea, rather then what we have now.

You have to understand what was talked about previous to your post was “lower recoil and lower damage”, which I will never stand for. But what you have just suggested is actually a really good idea.

Thanks for communicating YOUR thoughts. But you could have started the post with stating this instead of “lower recoil and lower damage”. 

Cheers for the good sportsmanship and not giving up in the conversation.

Edited by Yazmo ☣
  • Like 2
  • The Garnut
27 minutes ago, Yazmo ☣ said:

Cheers for the good sportsmanship and not giving up in the conversation.

I know you're not an idiot, and figured there's a miscommunication/misunderstanding as I didn't read Phantom's OG post. Glad we're on the same page now 

• Like 1
  • Winner 1