David's Staff Application

DavidM

In-game name:  David 

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:0:202331410

Warns:  I do not have any current or past warns for the server. As said in the pre-requisites, I did /warnmenu and it came up with no Warns. 

Timezone: Pacific Standard Time

Playtime?: 213:26:29

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]- Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]- Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]-  Austinn

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I have had alot of staff experience. I was a staff member with Icefuse Networks for 3 years. I was one out of the 5 Head Admins (HA) who as second in command before the Division Leader (DVL) of Military RP. Back in the day the rules were stricter and staff positions were that much harder to get into.  I know how to moderate a server properly. 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]- 

I believe that I would be a perfect candidate for the job because I honestly would want to better the server when it comes to moderation. I feel like I can be an honest hand when it comes to the server that my freinds and I play on. I would like to help enforce the rules with always an unbiased opinion. Just because I have freinds on this server doesn't mean I'm going to make sure they always win. I will be fair and will not abuse any of my powers. I know that staffing in general comes with a lot of responsibility and quotas that we will have to meet on a monthly basis, I am aware and prepared for that. 

When it comes to handlining a populated server such as Garnet Gaming Dark RP,  teamwork is key. I will make sure to work along side my other staff associates, and whenever they need me, ill be their in a snap. As a player, I know that most Reports are backed up because of lack of Staff being on in most cases. I will make sure to put staffing before roleplay in most cases. Obviously I'm not a robot I would like to have fun too, but the principle is making sure the job gets done the right way every time. Ill make sure that if any player is in need of my assistance legitimately, I will be their for them. Without our players, we are nothing. Players and their time on Garnet are important to me and will come first. I will make sure to be a very good Staff Member for Garnet Gaming. 

When it comes to staffing I do realize that it will take a certain amount of maturity to handle the job. I will make sure to provide my upmost maturity when it comes to representing Garnet Gaming. The reason why I'm really doing staff is for the players. Ive done my time as a player and ive had a lot of fun. I would want to keep Garnet Gaming Dark RP filled with players and to provide all of them with a fun stay with us. I will make sure to always be a fun and energetic staff member towards our players. Knowing how the players can be at some points, ill make sure to always be fair in all of my sits and to never abuse any of my powers. I am not the type to be power hungry or too do unprofessional acts while staffing. 

Ive had experience when it comes to staffing from other servers. Like said above ive been placed in multiple leadership positions in my time and know what it takes. I know what to job is and required of me. I do know how it should be handled. I am on the server on a day to day basis. I am well known within Dark RP for Garnet Gaming, and love all of the players. I do want to better the server in any way I can so that way all we get are improvements and good vibes. I want to provide a top level of staffing experience.

I do understand that with every mistake comes with a potential consequence. I am human and just like anyone else I do make mistakes in some cases. I will make sure to TRY and never make a mistake when it comes to doing my staffing duties for Garnet Gaming. I will not let anyone influence me and my decisions in a negative way when it comes to staffing on the server. I will make sure to provide all components when it comes to staffing for a Dark RP server. With what I typed, I will make sure to hold my self accountable to all staffing duties and will look forward to helping out the community. Thank you. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details- No, I do not have any VAC Bans or Regular bans on any server. 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No, Ive never made a Staff Application for Garnet Gaming. 

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: For my job, I do work in the Car Industry. I do have long days, however have days off and free time at night. Ill make sure to be on to meet all quotas. 

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I love to workout at the gym and love paintballing. 

Did you read the staff rules?: David 

Edited by DavidM
Ive added and changed issues with application.

Ok, so, 

I agree with Andreas about the longer paragraphs.  Those need some improvement and a little more to them.  Although, that's not what sways my decision all too much.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:17 AM, DavidM said:

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details- No, I do not have any VAC Bans or Regular bans on any server. 

We are asking about warns here too, hence why it says "punishment"

I'm leaving it -neutral- for now, but add your previous warns and it'll probably be positive from me, ok? 

EDIT:  "Did you read the staff rules?: Yes, I am well aware of the rules for staff and Dark RP. "  Please read the rules.

Edit 2: Alright, back to neutral, but we still ask for punishment alongside bans.  Not just bans.  Neutral again

Final EDIT: Thinking back a few minutes later warns go away anyways, so I don't really care.  I've handled a few sits placed by and on you, you haven't done anything wrong from what i've seen and you're an all around seemingly cool fella, good luck +1!!

Edited by Jinky_Jakob
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, DavidM said:

Did you read the staff rules?: Yes, I am well aware of the rules for staff and Dark RP. 

Gonna direct you to this link, because unlike other app's I do know you in game, and you've been a longtime player so I think you'll be a valuable person for our team. 
Staff Rules:

Take a look at these please, and fix your application.

-1 Until Fixed

• Agree 1

Damn I over looked something about one of the questions that are in the rules. I literally took pictures and I didn’t see that one statement about a question on the applications. My bad gents let me re-do the application. 🙂 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Damn I over looked something about one of the questions that are in the rules. I literally took pictures and I didn’t see that one statement about a question on the applications. My bad gents let me re-do the application. 🙂 

Just edit this application and  add in the part.

+1 you have two lengthy paragraphs that are pretty good, Good play time I see no issue with giving you a chance. Let’s see what others about you say for in  game and then if it’s bad I’ll chamge to a -1

4 hours ago, Andreas_Mitrovic said:

good playtime
longer paragraphs

4 hours ago, Jinky_Jakob said:

Ok, so, 

I agree with Andreas about the longer paragraphs.  Those need some improvement and a little more to them.  Although, that's not what sways my decision all too much.

We are asking about warns here too, hence why it says "punishment"

I'm leaving it -neutral- for now, but add your previous warns and it'll probably be positive from me, ok? 

EDIT:  "Did you read the staff rules?: Yes, I am well aware of the rules for staff and Dark RP. "  Please read the rules.

4 hours ago, Rambo-Panda said:

Neutral

- Good playtime

- Seen you a few times ingame and never had any toxic encounters

- Good referral

- Beef up your paragraphs a bit

- You didn't read the staff rules

On this, fix up your app and i might change my mind

Good luck !

He has two solid paragraphs that were not even edited , what are you guys on? Each paragraph has good length. Absolutely no reason why he should be adding more it. We have a minimum for a reason

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
On 4/11/2021 at 1:17 AM, DavidM said:

Did you read the staff rules?: Yes, I am well aware of the rules for staff and Dark RP. 

come on bru you better than this.....

I believe that I would be a perfect candidate for the job because I honestly would want to better the server when it comes to moderation. I feel like I can be an honest hand when it comes to the server that my freinds and I play on. I would like to help enforce the rules with always an unbiased opinion. Just because I have freinds on this server doesn't mean I'm going to make sure they always win. I will be fair and will not abuse any of my powers. I know that staffing in general comes with a lot of responsibility and quotas that we will have to meet on a monthly basis, I am aware and prepared for that. 

This isn't bad but what you're talking about is everything a staff member is and that's what we expect of you, and it doesn't answer why we should choose you over anyone else.

When it comes to handlining a populated server such as Garnet Gaming Dark RP,  teamwork is key. I will make sure to work along side my other staff associates, and whenever they need me, ill be their in a snap. As a player, I know that most Reports are backed up because of lack of Staff being on in most cases. I will make sure to put staffing before roleplay in most cases. Obviously I'm not a robot I would like to have fun too, but the principle is making sure the job gets done the right way every time. Ill make sure that if any player is in need of my assistance legitimately, I will be their for them. Without our players, we are nothing. Players and their time on Garnet are important to me and will come first. I will make sure to be a very good Staff Member for Garnet Gaming. 

Again, this is what @Fetn and @Theta2 would call "filler" it's talking about everything you would do as a staff member but the thing is.... All these reasons are things a staff member needs to be, your job in this ap is to talk about what's unique about YOU and why we should choose YOU over other applicants.

Overall, this person is a very chill dude in game... I've had nothing but good vibes from him.

My response to this is NEUTRAL I will change my answer once a few things are improved or changed, as well as more responses from the community.

Good luck brotha!!!!!

edit: 

Knowing how my response may have effected others it wasn't meant to speak on another person's behalf but seeing my mistake and re-reading the application, David has great paragraphs going above and beyond than many people who have applied before him and now will be changing my response to....

+1

Edited by Ba11ParkFrank41
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Just edit this application and  add in the part.

+1 you have two lengthy paragraphs that are pretty good, Good play time I see no issue with giving you a chance. Let’s see what others about you say for in  game and then if it’s bad I’ll chamge to a -1

He has two solid paragraphs that were not even edited , what are you guys on? Each paragraph has good length. Absolutely no reason why he should be adding more it. We have a minimum for a reason

bro he just has one thing wrong with his app and ya going

FILER T?HIS FILLER THAT

+1 thank ya for changing it!

Edited by MachoisticPig

Hello Gentleman, 

Thank you so much for all of your opinions and your feedback, really helped me out. Ive went ahead and edited out my errors and made some improvements on my end  for my application. Thanks again. 

So I was the one who told this guy to apply, literally every interaction I have with him has been entertaining and good overall to say the least. If I know the person is well enough to be staff  why THE FUCK would I generally care if his paragraphs are not the best. Not everyone can be the best at writing or coming up with things on the spot. David seems like he generally cares about the server as much as the rest of us, he also has a full time job such as myself so He's on when he's on.

4 hours ago, Ba11ParkFrank41 said:

come on bru you better than this.....

This isn't bad but what you're talking about is everything a staff member is and that's what we expect of you, and it doesn't answer why we should choose you over anyone else.

Again, this is what @Fetn and @Theta2 would call "filler" it's talking about everything you would do as a staff member but the thing is.... All these reasons are things a staff member needs to be, your job in this ap is to talk about what's unique about YOU and why we should choose YOU over other applicants.

This is the most backhanded -1 +1 I have seen, please stop trying to be Fetn and theta with how they have responded to staff applications or appeals in the past, This application had no filler to begin with honestly. Literally if you read the format it says why should we pick you not for someone to generally describe themselves so I have no clue where your getting half of your response. Also don't sit there and say you'll change your mind if he answers a few questions or changes things, The neutral thing is BS. Another thing is if your gonna talk about grammar or anything associated with it such as writing better paragraphs make sure your response is at least grammatically correct yourself. One more thing, don't @ people not directly tied to the application to try and get them to respond.

Going back to David, as a staff member this would make sense to bring him on the team, he could handle things at night when people are asleep, and he hasn't had bad interactions with people. This is an obvious +1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1