New MilitaryRP Gameplay mechanic

• The Garnut
14 minutes ago, hysteria said:

Won't this wall have the same effect of "basecamping" that the walls on Omega just had? You get picked off as soon as you pass the arch or the crack in the wall

They're more-so to prevent shooting from within an objective at a base, but also, there will be a literal 10 entryways versus 3 on Omega.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hysteria said:

Won't this wall have the same effect of "basecamping" that the walls on Omega just had? You get picked off as soon as you pass the arch or the crack in the wall

May seem that way however the walls actually keep the combat inside the objective, it removes sniping in and sniping out making the combat a lot more fun. When tested with a group of players, 100% (for once everyone could agree on something) of the testers said the walls made the objective much more enjoyable, and these were just plastic prop walls I put up with stacker.

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Jake said:

May seem that way however the walls actually keep the combat inside the objective, it removes sniping in and sniping out making the combat a lot more fun. When tested with a group of players, 100% (for once everyone could agree on something) of the testers said the walls made the objective much more enjoyable, and these were just plastic prop walls I put up with stacker.

Alright, I was just checking to make sure that we were not going to run into the same issue we are having now. 

• Cringe 1
  • Community Director
14 hours ago, Salmon said:

gay hole

I feel targeted. 

Anyway. I think the walls are needed, rather be camped on the embassy walls than my base tbh. With 20 different ways (probably more counting ropes and shit) to get on to Embassy; I really don't see it being an issue. Realistically you'd need 10+ people to watch all of the spots; it comes down to ACTUAL flanking, not what people claim now. This new dynamic is great.

I can't wait to see this dynamic on other objectives or on other maps, destructive walls woulda helped on omega alot tbh. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 1
10 hours ago, AlexConway said:

I feel targeted. 

Because you are. But anyways the walls to me are useful like company walls on v3. It allows some sniper play but also gives plenty of cover to push up to the walls and move into the obj. I really like this addition since that was one of my major concerns with old Delta.

• Winner 2