Romac's Grenade Launcher Suggestion

Description: Add back Grenade Launchers and Ammo Shipments

Reasoning: 
I don't see why they were taken off. 
The grenade launchers was the perfect weapon that balanced the way the raiders play and over-powered bases. 
Even for some bases, the design you make can help stop the blast radius.
As of now in Garnet, removing the Grenade Launchers entirely, 
made it less interesting for raiders as there's now less of a chance for players to get in.

My second reasoning is that the Grenade Launchers weren't just something you can buy from a gun-dealer, you had to actually open a crate
and risk getting the item you desired. I feel like now that RPG's, M2O2's, EX41's, and M79 GL's are gone, it just ruins some of the fun.
There are a lot of things that these weapons have brought to the server whether
it's raiding related, business related, or if you just like staring at it like a weirdo.

I say at the very least put Grenade Launchers back onto the server. Let me know your guys opinions towards this.

Additional Information: i have so many grenade launchers, but i have no ammo for it. pain
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 3

I believe proggy removed this, so its really up to @proggy if he wants to readd grenade launchers and the ammo. I believe they were removed for balance reasons, however I'm not 100% sure. I also know that sometimes grenade launchers were given to new players so they would mass.

well, explosives haven't been completely removed, you can get an RPG from the 1 mil crate.

imma be Neutral on this one since I understand both management and players perspective

Guest proggy

Players were routinely exploiting the grenade launchers, and thus they wont be returning to the economy. Explosives were far too common so the pirate crate, GLs/GL ammo and m202 were all removed.

16 minutes ago, proggy said:

Players were routinely exploiting the grenade launchers, and thus they wont be returning to the economy. Explosives were far too common so the pirate crate, GLs/GL ammo and m202 were all removed.

just make it exploiting the Gernade launchers punishable make it a rule etc alot of players spent money on the Gernade launchers but they cant use them without ammo

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, proggy said:

why was the m202 removed?

i see no reason with having a case that has a rpg/m202 + some donation weapons and lmgs too balance it out. make it expensive too I'm talkin millions maybe in between the 5 Million range? maybe 3?. 

just remove the Launcher's and matador.

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Cringe 1
Guest proggy
1 hour ago, Xavier said:

just make it exploiting the Gernade launchers punishable make it a rule

No, the better option would be to remove the GL's entirely. DarkRP was fine before without them. We already have rules about exploiting, and people still did it anyways. If you have empty GL's and cant buy ammo; thats tough, you might as well just drop them in the ocean because the ammo and launchers are not coming back. 

1 hour ago, OpTic Gunner said:

why was the m202 removed?

Because people rarely used it without unintentionally mass rdming. The giant blast radius meant using it for any raid would likely damage or kill people even across the street from the building you're shooting it into. It was loud, destructive, and too easy to obtain. Rich players could easily get an m202 and have a huge advantage over other players, when rich players already have a huge advantage over other players with their donor weapons and more balanced explosives.

1 hour ago, OpTic Gunner said:

rpg/m202 + some donation weapons and lmgs too balance it out. make it expensive too I'm talkin millions maybe in between the 5 Million range? maybe 3?. 

just remove the Launcher's and matador.

We already have the forbidden crate which is one million, and the good drops being an RPG and Matador. The drop chances of these two items have been reduced substantially as well. 

The larger issue with explosives is that players in a party don't damage themselves/party members with their own explosives, which hopefully can be addressed in the near future. 

If you don't see any of these things as issues, you are likely one of the people abusing the explosives rather than looking at their gameplay flaws objectively.