DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

General Weapon Rebalancing

+1. If the base weapons are just as good as some donator weapons, then people wont feel the need to have to pay to be the best in the server. I personally have bought a few donator weapons, as well as having Cachet gifted to me by @Booger (love u for that). I do like the idea of using certain weapons based on the class and think this would be a great change for the server.

-1 I like the idea of modifying the AEK as that is better than most class-weapon rifles when it should be the other way around. However, the Orsis and Mosin aren't better than most class-weapon snipers, they just give players the option to have a sniper while using a different class. You may argue that you should be using a sniper class anyways if you intend on sniping, but then that would defeat the purpose of all the donator weapons in the entire store as they are meant to give you more flexibility on which weapons you'd like to use no matter which class you're currently on. Furthermore, removing the one-shot kill capabilities of these snipers would most likely full-on stop players from purchasing them (and it doesn't help that they're the most expensive weapons in the store) as you need to be relatively skilled to hit headshots all the time when they could just use a class-weapon sniper instead.

Edited by JackJJ
put a strikethrough over the first sentence cuz i changed my mind about it
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Toxic 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

+1
I like this idea, gives people more of a reason to tryout for classes. like if you have a perm Mosin or Orsis there is no reason to tryout for marksman. I think it would add more value to the classes. OR maybe make it to were perm weapons are more of an upgrade to a class like you can only use sniper perm weapons on sniper classes but I know most people wouldn't be too big of a fan of that idea.

• Agree 2

This is but the second suggestion you've made to change weapon stats.

I'm genuinely beginning to think you just want to nerf the guns you get killed by frequently.

Shit, a lot of the time these guns dont 1 shot kill.

If you get shot in the legs or arms, you don't die if you have full health, if you are shot in the head or torso, you die. In what world do you not nearly die instantly from a sniper shot to the head or body.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
6 minutes ago, Lucher said:

In what world do you not nearly die instantly from a sniper shot to the head or body.

It really depends on where you get shot in the body, If you get hit in the lower stomach then it would take a decent amount of time to kill you but if you got hit in the heart it would take less than 15 seconds, Personally I think it should be made if you are re balancing them is to correlate the damage to the caliber of the weapon, The Barret would deal the most and would one shot to anything besdies arm shots and could one shot an RPG to the chest. I think making the orsis somewhere in the middle would also be a decently smart idea, It should go that orsis/ mosin are able to 1 shot to the head and body and not one shot to arms/ legs, Base faction snipers should be able to one shot to the head and not the body and the SOC factions should be able to 1 shot head and body besides tier 1 factions, which would one shot to head body and legs.

• Agree 1
54 minutes ago, Party said:

-1 dont recall a sniper irl not killing by 1 shot. a sniper is a sniper. no need of this change 

I don’t recall also “irl”, since you want to bring that up, most soldiers from the United States and Russian Federation going out to war with an AEK and Orsis. 

If you want to bring up realism, then let’s bring up realism. I don’t see US and RU irl going out to battle with and orsis and aek...

+1

The orsis and the mod in has been a HUGE issue for the longest time with this server and there needs to be change. Reducing the damage on both promotes faction specialization and gives them purpose. 

Edited by hysteria
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
14 minutes ago, BINLADINHOE said:

Barret would deal the most and would one shot to anything besdies arm shots and could one shot an RPG to the chest. I think making the orsis somewhere in the middle would also be a decently smart idea, It should go that orsis/ mosin are able to 1 shot to the head and body and not one shot to arms/ legs, Base faction snipers should be able to one shot to the head and not the body and the SOC factions should be able to 1 shot head and body besides tier 1 factions, which would one shot to head body and legs.

Most of what you said is accurate to what's already implemented into the server.

Base 2GA and 11B Marksman rifles are usually 2 tap body shots, one tap head shots. 

Orsis and Mosin both already have 1 shot body and head shots, as well as two shot limb shots.

The M95(Barrett) is hailed as the better sniper in terms of damage, as I'm like 80% sure that it deals more damage than both the Mosin and Orsis, but the handling is garbage (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

The reasoning for the balance request is something I can personally respect, the guns that you earn SHOULD be better then donor weapons in some respects, however, you need to think about it from a kind of financial perspective as well, if all you had to do to get good guns was earn them, where's the incentive to donate for better guns to help keep the server up?

The current state of most base guns (in RU at least, from my own experience) are far worse than both donor guns AND US guns, in all factions (except GRU, their guns are actually decent).

I use donor guns to even out the balance so I can compete against the US side, because if I had to use the SKS-D in war constantly, a gun with low damage and high spread + recoil, I'd probably stop playing the server all together.

2 hours ago, JackJJ said:

-1 I like the idea of modifying the AEK as that is better than most class-weapon rifles when it should be the other way around. However, the Orsis and Mosin aren't better than most class-weapon snipers, they just give players the option to have a sniper while using a different class. You may argue that you should be using a sniper class anyways if you intend on sniping, but then that would defeat the purpose of all the donator weapons in the entire store as they are meant to give you more flexibility on which weapons you'd like to use no matter which class you're currently on. Furthermore, removing the one-shot kill capabilities of these snipers would most likely full-on stop players from purchasing them (and it doesn't help that they're the most expensive weapons in the store) as you need to be relatively skilled to hit headshots all the time when they could just use a class-weapon sniper instead.

Let’s break down your argument:

1. The orsis and mosin are pretty much the same snipers when it comes to other snipers on the server. They have similar stats and even though some snipers deal 125 damage as opposed to 100, they are all one shot to the body and head.

2. Yes they do help out your load out, however they should not be as powerful enough to make it seem as though you have to buy them in order to be successful on the server. If I hop on a medic class then my main focus should be literally helping wounded soldiers, not sniping. With the current system it makes it pay to win because you can effectively fill every role that you can on the server: medic, sniper, assault, CQC, etc.

3. The point of donating in the first place is to support Garnet Gaming MRP, then your own personal gain. That is some mysterious concept that not many understand. When you donate, it is implied in the name, you are donating money to help out the server.

Edited by hysteria
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

+1 I think this would bring more Varity to different weapons and maybe make marksman rifles more favorable it would also make it so base factions had a better chance at out sniping a person with a orsis while they may be using a marksman rifle I have a suggestion to the mosin maybe give it a bit of a speed buff so that lets say for an example that you are in a sniper battle with someone you are using a mosin they are using an orsis lets say you both miss your first shot you get your scope right on them but cant fire due to the long delay between shots the mosin has and they get the kill cause you couldn't shoot in time. I feel like just a small increase to the firing speed would decrese these situation immensely where you line your shot up and cant even take it i know that this could cause the fast fire issue the mosin had but maybe increase it just enough so that doesnt happen

9 minutes ago, Zachman said:

People bought these to have an advantage over war, otherwise id just use the 2GA or 11B marksman.

Though this is true, the main reason these weapons should be used  is to fill a gap.
Example, when i first joined back in 2018, day 1 i got an MP5A4, this was to use the healing tool, as well as have a weapon that had some decent range compared to the PM.
The AEK is a rifle, in fact, the only assault rifle there is on the donator shop. This gun is very overpowered, as not only does it serve to fill a gap, it also outclasses every other weapon in the entire server, besides it's girlfriend, the Orsis. And before you say it, yes, i main prestige class, and yes, the CZ858 can out-damage the AEK, albeit, you also pay the most you can for a class to get the weapon.
Now yes, the RU weapons are... clunky, but that is how they have always been, and quite honestly the only issue i have had over the last 3 years with RU weapons is the sights, but that goes for me and Russian guns in literally every game (if you know what a butterfly mount is, that thing makes me wretch).
Now lets talk about if the AEK was nerfed. Lets say the damage was put down to 30. Okay, now you have to hit one more shot, considering most of you have claimed to know from experience that certain SOC weapons are bad, i assume you have been in a SOC. This alone takes an okay amount of skill at the very least, even I was in GRU and SSO over the years. 30 damage would mean you would need to hit a minimum of 4 shots, which lets be honest, most people can hit 4 consecutive shots. If 2GA PVT StraightOuttaTheRR can kill you with his AK74, i would expect people who are SOC to hit 4 shots if they need to, in fact, you probably already do without noticing it.

TL;DR: This wont ruin the gun, the gun may be a little less of what it was, which is overpowered, and a crutch, similar to the orsis. This may just mean you have to adapt to a playstyle which is more balanced for the whole server.
(Also if you want more options for rifles, check out the credit shop! They dont come close to the AEK because they are more in line with base faction counterparts but they can also do well if you learn them!).

• Agree 1

To be honest from my perspective, we have had so many "rebalances" that turn into more rebalances, It should just be set a way and done no ones ever happy with the outcomes and some are. So its a mute point to waste time and resources. Plus theres a reason theyre donator guns.

• Haha 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

+1

50 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

the main reason these weapons should be used  is to fill a gap.

This could not explain it any better.

They shouldn't be the meta of the server, otherwise we're no better than P2W servers.

• Agree 2
  • Community Director
2 hours ago, Party said:

-1 dont recall a sniper irl not killing by 1 shot. a sniper is a sniper. no need of this change 

I mean, an M4 to the head will kill by one shot, so should that get buffed too? Garnet has never and will never make weapons based from "realism", it's down to gameplay.

EDIT: Not meant to sound cunty - I don't know how else to phrase this

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 2