DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

AEK Changes

• Community Director

Description: Remove the reliance on the AEK by slightly changing the statistics

Additional Information: There are 4 possible edits to the AEK, that would change it enough to remove it from a replacement to your class weapons. 

Eac1XUq.png

1 - Damage - This is the most common nerf that people think of and is a valid option. It already has as @Jake said "Pencil Cartridge"  so it should do less damage.

2 - Firerate - Before the tickrate change the firerate was much lower and the gun wasn't quite as good, as it is now Post-Tick change. Lowering this to compensate the change would return it to it's original state (Good, but not Meta)

3 - Aim Accuracy - Change the accuracy would allow it to be used in CQC without change, but would only really effect the Longer Range Combat, which it shouldn't be used in.

4 - Spread per Shot | Increase Percentage for Spread Per Shot

The AEK has only recently become a meta/crutch because of tickrate change, increasing it's firerate; making it more over-powered.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 5

+1 I would say that it should be nerfed in the damage area, as it currently outclasses any other rifle on the server- and the AEK should be more for someone to buy to have a rifle, a mid range weapon, on any class. Such as using support, to utilize the medkit, but then you could have mid-range capabilities.

-1  The base 11B weapon is believe it or not actually pretty good. No need to nerf the AEK when the AR-15 and M60 are better then SSO SKS-D (Just an example). I need to be able to use a gun that is able to kill someone. Side Note ( a lot of people have the AEK which they have paid for)

Edited by Purple Fish
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

As an RU main, the guns I main are the AEK, the Orsis, and the Mosin. 

The AEK, being the only automatic weapon there, is what I rely on for short and mid range, now why don't I use any other RU guns?

Well, the base RU and SSO guns are absolute garbage, both have insane recoil and not enough damage to make up for it, and the bullet spread makes them both intolerable.

The base AR15 and US Demo weapons are extremely good and can definitely outgun an AEK (which has happened to me before). The only reason that people who use the AR15 and M60 tend to get outgunned are because the AEK is purchased and used by usually more experienced players in the community, those well informed enough to know the current meta.

My main points are essentially that the US base guns already have an advantage over the RU base guns, so RU mains donate to even it out, and now if that's taken away, RU is just gonna gradually die out again.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Creative 1
  • Agree 2
8 minutes ago, Purple Fish said:

-1  The base 11B weapon is believe it or not actually pretty good. No need to nerf the AEK when the AR-15 and M60 are better then SSO SKS-D (Just an example). I need to be able to use a gun that is able to kill someone.

6 minutes ago, Lucher said:

As an RU main, the guns I main are the AEK, the Orsis, and the Mosin. 

The AEK, being the only automatic weapon there, is what I rely on for short and mid range, now why don't I use any other RU guns?

Well, the base RU and SSO guns are absolute garbage, both have insane recoil and not enough damage to make up for it, and the bullet spread makes them both intolerable.

The base AR15 and US Demo weapons are extremely good and can definitely outgun an AEK (which has happened to me before).

My main points are essentially that the US base guns already have an advantage over the RU base guns, so RU mains donate to even it out, and now if that's taken away, RU is just gonna gradually die out again.

-1 Actually I change my mind. Sorry, I don't play RU often enough to know the weapons' stats over there and I was just speaking from my experience on US, these are great points made from both of them.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Hi @Purple Fish @Lucher and @Naas (comment hidden)! Couldn’t help but notice that you’re all in SSO. Hear me out real quick.

ARs are objectively better than BRs and SMGs, both of the weapon classes your  faction offers. The only donor AR is the AEK and a nerf to that means a big nerf to you guys as your alternatives are quite shit as it currently stands, outside of RU Elite : Prestige.

Ay see how that word was stressed tho? That’s because I just put in an update sheet that should help solve your problem and calm your frantic minds. ARs, which yes include the AEK, are being nerfed, while SMGs and Battle Rifles are being buffed.

So I guess consider this accepted but the weapon change is none of the 4 options you suggested. 

Edited by Ozzy
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2