DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

GRU Model Change

Ritzu

Description: As GRU PKN, I have received numerous private messages, reports, etc. about the height of the GRU models. The current GRU models are currently shorter than every single other model on the server, making it, whether intentional or not, unfairly easy to headglitch. This was a problem on Omega, but now, on Delta, it has become a serious issue. On the newly added hills, the current GRU models are virtually invisible to the naked eye when headglitching. Silo, for example, has hills surrounding the OBJ. I have seen recordings, screenshots, etc. of GRU models totally invisible, and sniping people inside the Silo tower. They are impossible to hit and spot, and are unfair to the enemy.

Reasoning: Changing the current GRU models would benefit the server by removing an unfair model from a relatively easy-to-access SOC faction. Like an overpowered gun, the GRU models have the ability to change the tide of the war, and sniping without being spotted, or counter-sniped, is ridiculously easy.

Additional Information: I suppose that the GRU models be changed to a Battlefield 3-ish type skin, similar to the Alpha models. The models I currently have picked out do NOT fold, are not 5'5", and from my knowledge, have no overpowered hitbox. The models (front & back) are shown below.

Russian Spetsnaz: Assault

Current:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

Russian Spetsnaz: Medic

Current:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

Russian Spetsnaz: Sniper

Current:

spacer.png

New:
20210522012016_1.jpg?width=1247&height=7

Russian Spetsnaz: Commander

Current:

20210522015939_1.jpg?width=1247&height=7

New:

20210522012041_1.jpg?width=1247&height=7

Russian Spetsnaz: Brute [T2]

Current:

20210522020025_1.jpg?width=720&height=40

New:

20210522021300_1.jpg?width=720&height=40

Russian Spetsnaz: Brigadier [T3]

Current:

20210522020002_1.jpg?width=720&height=40

New:

20210522021353_1.jpg?width=720&height=40

Required Files:

New GRU Models Materials
New GRU Models

(EDIT):
Since the other files may be too big, i found another addon that is just the same exact thing, but no extra materials addon. It's missing one or two of the models from the original, but i'll keep looking.

New GRU Models (Updated)

Edited by Ritzu
  • Cringe 1
  • Agree 1

+1 This is a great suggestion and the playermodels look nice, however I'm pretty sure that the models you provided can't be used because of the file size of the materials they require. Typically, the playermodels Garnet have been using are sized from like 1MB-7MB at the most if the model is just too good not to use. So I agree with the suggestion, just need a different set of playermodels, but I'm sure that problem can easily be resolved. 🙂

Edit: Yes I know that playermodel change suggestions are forbidden, however I feel like this could be taken as an exception and I feel like that rule was placed there more for people who made these types of suggestions plainly because they didn't like the playermodel looked. Also @Austin,

-1 the server doesn’t need more files than it already has, the models are fine, I switch to US every couple of wars and never have an issue killing GRU.

the suggestion is for replacing the models that already exist on the server, not adding new ones along with keeping the old ones.

Edited by JackJJ
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
3 minutes ago, Austin said:

never have an issue killing GRU

You may not have an issue, but a lot of other people do

I've seen it and complained about it myself, GRU models have some nasty headglitches for sniping, but CQC combat is fine for the most part. Not sure which you're talking about, though.

As for the file size, the suggestion itself still stands, might need to find some different models, though.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

+1

Many in the community have long suggested a change to GRU models, however typically the suggestions have just been "fix models". I'm +1 on this because this is a genuine suggestion for a change, not just asking for 'fix'. I don't know if this will be accepted or not, but I believe this would be easier to change the playermodel rather than try and fix the height of the existing model.

It's worth noting however, the playermodel would still need to be checked by staff so that its hitbox isnt a major issue, or any other issues that arent immediately visible from the workshop page.