DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MRP

tanhk

I usually get high frames whenever I play MRP but recently on the new map after a few weeks I've been getting frame drops everywhere I go. It also crashes me apparently? It's only happened to me on mrp, I've done everything especially update my drivers and uninstalled and installed gmod.

Yeah I've been hearing mixed things about this. I, myself, have witnessed an actual increase in frames since a long time lol. So I genuinely don't know where this could be coming from to be honest.

Personally haven't played gmod in awhile,
I'd recommend clearing your gmod cache and defragging your drives. (Depending on which drive your game is installed on)
Personally If I lag in a game I do the following steps:
1. Clear Game Cache.
2. Check temperatures on my gpu and cpu.
3. Check my task manager while the game is running to see if anything is excessive.
4. Defrag my drive.
5. I always do this when I'm on MRP, Our wonderful ex DarkRP Manager sent me this and don't know if it actually does anything.

cl_cmdrate 40; cl_updaterate 40; cl_interp_ratio 1; cl_interp 0.04; rate 40000 gmod_mcore_test 1; mat_queue_mode -1; cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar 0; R_3dsky 0; mat_bloomscale 0
6. If this doesn't work let me know or if you have tried this I will look more into the issue with some of my friends and get back to you. As I said I'm not much of a gmod players anymore.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Lately there's been some issues on the Mil server regarding lag, but that's come from an issue with the host rather than the map itself and shouldn't be affecting FPS. I'd suggest ensuring your lag issue is low FPS rather than high ping with net_graph 1 in the console. If its still a FPS issue, and you tried the suggestions above, I'm not entirely sure what to do

A way I have found that improves FPS is allocating more RAM to GMOD. Along with putting Gmod into 64xBit

64x

1. Right Click on Gmod

2. Properties

3. Betas

4. Then select "x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries

Allocating RAM

1. Right Click on Gmod

2. Properties

3. General

4. Then in launch options you want to calculate how much RAM to use. 

-mem_max_heapsize <MB> +mem_max_heapsize <MB>

Replace <MB> with the number of megabytes you wish to allocate. Multiply the number of GBs you wish to allocate with 1024, and that is your number. For example, if you wish to allocate 8 GB.

8 GB = 8 * 1024 MB = 8192 MB. Your startup parameters would look like this:

-mem_max_heapsize 8192 +mem_max_heapsize 8192
3 hours ago, Mark__ said:

A way I have found that improves FPS is allocating more RAM to GMOD. Along with putting Gmod into 64xBit

64x

1. Right Click on Gmod

2. Properties

3. Betas

Allocating RAM

1. Right Click on Gmod

2. Properties

3. General

Replace <MB> with the number of megabytes you wish to allocate. Multiply the number of GBs you wish to allocate with 1024, and that is your number. For example, if you wish to allocate 8 GB.

what's a good amount?

4 hours ago, Mark__ said:

64x

1. Right Click on Gmod

2. Properties

3. Betas

Allocating RAM

1. Right Click on Gmod

2. Properties

3. General

holy fuck it actually worked thank you

Archived