DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

"Basecamp Report" - A Deep Dive

On June 12th, 12:36 AM with 6 minutes left on the war timer, a Russian player was killed within one second upon leaving their base by a veteran player, the player then clipped the incident and rightfully reported the opponent for base camp. The player provided clear video evidence to the staff who took the sit and in any other situation this would have been an open and shut case within less then a minute with the result of the opponent receiving a warning as they are a veteran player who knows the rules, but that did not happen. Instead the staff member dismissed the sit even with clear video evidence. After the sit, the staff member then re-watched the video and told the player that if he wanted too, he could make a forums report because he did not want to go back on his decision. So, with every right too, the player wrote up the report and posted it later that night. In any other situation I wouldn't give two shits about a simple base camp report on a Friday night but after reading the responses, viewing all the negative reactions, and seeing the clear player bias, my blood was boiling.

Some of you may know what report I am referencing but if you don't, here it is.

Although making a base camp report for a war taking place at 12:36 AM on a Friday night may seem petty, Jack had every right to do it. But that is not what i want to focus on ; I want to focus on the responses made by @Mitsuri1 and how the situation was handled.

And yes, the report was accepted and Mitsuri did receive a warn but I cannot gloss over the obvious lying, gas lighting, and manipulation tactics he used to discredit Jack and sleaze his way out of this simple warn. In case you haven't seen the video in question, i have posted a slowed down version below which clearly show's Mitsuri only a few steps away from the Russian base walls.

https://streamable.com/7g05a4

I believe that the obvious base camp in that video speaks for itself. This should have never had to become a forums report and if Mitsuri owned up to his mistake it would have just been a simple warn with little to no repercussions, but he decided to dig himself a deeper hole and lie not only in his responses on the report but directly to the staff member in the sit. Below are screenshots of a few messages Mitsuri wrote throughout the sit along with a link to a video of the actual sit if you wish to watch it all.

sB9qpQL.png

mSrHngK.png

uLOl2oY.png

bBthjJC.png

4bCsaGJ.png

Dtp8zbG.png

zObtORz.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JudUw_HAdz8

Mitsuri repeats many times throughout this sit that he could not render base when he was only a few feet away from the bridge wall. Even if the bridge is not counted as base, you can still render the rest of the base from his position. I will be honest and say there there are two times within the sit that MItsuri seems to just want it to be over and done with and receive a warn so he can go back to war but this sit is not makes me mad, it is the responses he made on the actual forums report in which his attitude changes. Below are screenshots from his first response on the report.

LUZluHF.png

Mitsuri spends the first portion of his response painting himself as an innocent victim in hopes people would pity and relate to him, clear manipulation tactic to spin the narrative.

mI6KVYC.png

Unless the verbal warning was given after he had re spawned Jack, there is no verbal given.

K79yVr6.png

This is the portion that really makes me upset. You spend the rest of your response personally attacking Jack and trying to gas light him into thinking he is in the wrong which he is not. Instead of owning up to your mistake, you berate and try to manipulate the situation around onto Jack. At no point throughout his report or during the sit does Jack personally attack you which makes all of these comments completely uncalled for. Instead of using your response to admit to your mistake or to even try and disprove the evidence you go right for name calling and lies. You end your response with "Please grow the fuck up" which I can only describe as completely ironic based on how differently you too handled this.

Below are screenshots from Mitsuri's second response. The things he puts in quotations are what Jack wrote in response to Mitsuri's first post.

E5urQfz.png

Like I said before, unless a verbal was given after Jack was returned, we did not see any given.

TUglvx2.png

Anyone with any competency on how to use a time scrubber(the scroll thing) can clearly see you standing right next the base exit. Like i said before, even if the bridge does not count as base, you can still render the rest of the base from your position.

uDoyLKS.png

Once again you end your response with gas lighting and name calling.

At the end of the day, this is just a GMOD server and I'm just a 17 year old who spent way too long making this post. Even so, your manipulation tactics are clear and only goes to show how far you will go to avoid a simple warn, can't imagine what else you would do for something bigger. There are other things I wished to touch upon in this post like the unwarranted negative response Jack has gotten, player bias, and mob mentality but I've been up for 17 hours, am exhausted and need to eat something. Mitsuri, feel free to respond with your own defence but please try and keep it professional this time and leave out the gas lighting and name calling(maybe a bit if needed 😉 ). In fact, anyone can feel free to point out mistake or bias's i may have made in this post, i do expect some constructive criticism.

Thank you for your time, I will see ya'll tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Also, sorry for some of the shit formatting

Edited by AwesomeAidan0221
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Informative 4

It doesn’t seem like Mavv watched the video at all, bc you can see him three different times, he was just trying to rush the report which makes it seem like he does this often. Also for reactions that’s just gonna happen, jack gets a lot of negative reactions and a bit of good reactions lately so nothing u can really change about that. Also tbh mitsuri shouldn’t be in SoC and it took 10 minutes to read this, thanks for coming to the Ted talk

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Austin said:

Also for reactions that’s just gonna happen, jack gets a lot of negative reactions and a bit of good reactions lately so nothing u can really change about that

True but it’s still pretty upsetting, he had every right to report Mitsuri and was met with only negativity, name calling and manipulation. It just sets an extremely bad example for MRP players and the forums.

• Agree 3
1 minute ago, AwesomeAidan0221 said:

True but it’s still pretty upsetting, he had every right to report Mitsuri and was met with only negativity, name calling and manipulation. It just sets an extremely bad example for MRP players and the forums.

I agree, but there’s always gonna be those people that set the bad examples 

• Agree 2
55 minutes ago, AwesomeAidan0221 said:

thinking he is in the wrong which he is not. Instead of owning up to your mistake, you berate and try to manipulate the situation

Maybe make a warn able offense for purposely lying in sits/reports?

• 300 IQ 1
  • Creative 2
  • Agree 3

I don’t necessarily like involving my self in I guess “controversial” topics. But I feel like Jack and you are in the right the reported staff member could of totally handled this situation more professionally. I was in the teamspeak at night with Jack JJ when this happened and I was even playing the war this occurred on. From what I saw in OOC and in general it just really was upsetting.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

While I agree that Jack had every right to make a report on fourms I personally believe the situation should have been handled differently. He could have kept it private and gone to Mitsuri to talk it out with him. If that road started to lead no where then it would have been time to bring it to fourms or Brian (Their shared COL).

P.S. Hindsight is 2020 though. With the context of the sit and the war Jack was rightfully mad. So he made the decision that was laid out for him by the staff involved.

Edited by Toyto
Realized something
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, Toyto said:

While I agree that Jack had every right to make a report on fourms I personally believe the situation should have been handled differently. He could have kept it private and gone to Mitsuri to talk it out with him. If that road started to lead no where then it would have been time to bring it to fourms or Brian (Their shared COL).

P.S. Hindsight is 2020 though. With the context of the sit and the war Jack was rightfully mad. So he made the decision that was laid out for him by the staff involved.

Well from what I read it seems like the staff who did handle it told Jack to make a forum report. If the staff who handled the sit said it himself/herself, im not going to keep trying to press for it and will take it to the forums. It seemed like Mavv just wanted to be done with it and didn't want to go back on it at all so that's why they told Jack to go to the forums.

Alls that happened was Mits loopholed the rules by not looking at the base "not rendering".  Which is also against the rules; and is actually worse then just breaking the rules. 

Mav should have handed the report off the someone else or asked for help; if he was unsure and not concluded it. 

Also there is the old issue of "my team" happening again as seen below; Because this is not a faction issue, its a rule issue. Let me add people im not mentioning who in the channels i was in were butt hurt that the report was made because of the whole "omg our faction member reported us". Like I told you yesterday your mindset is wrong and you should change it. You're not on the same "team" you're apart of the garnet family and should treat everything as such.

This is why staff were bared for awhile to be able to take sits of their own faction members aswell because of this issue. If it was two faction members RDMING eachother sure yes, they could talk to brian about it. But it was them playing on two completely different factions nothing to do with GB. It was durring war time aswell, it has nothing to do with faction rules and strictly done via server rules. Factions have no power over server rules; thats staffs job.

2 hours ago, Toyto said:

Edited by Gildarts
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Gildarts said:

Alls that happened was Mits loopholed the rules by not looking at the base "not rendering".  Which is also against the rules; and is actually worse then just breaking the rules. 

Mav should have handed the report off the someone else or asked for help; if he was unsure and not concluded it. 

Also there is the old issue of "my team" happening again as seen below; Because this is not a faction issue, its a rule issue. Let me add people im not mentioning who in the channels i was in were butt hurt that the report was made because of the whole "omg our faction member reported us". Like I told you yesterday your mindset is wrong and you should change it. You're not on the same "team" you're apart of the garnet family and should treat everything as such.

This is why staff were bared for awhile to be able to take sits of their own faction members aswell because of this issue. If it was two faction members RDMING eachother sure yes, they could talk to brian about it. But it was them playing on two completely different factions nothing to do with GB. It was durring war time aswell, it has nothing to do with faction rules and strictly done via server rules. Factions have no power over server rules; thats staffs job.

I always try to resolve rule breaking in PMs first despite who did it. If they own up to breaking the rule and are sorry, I don't report them because they got the point. (Obviously random PVT's and what not are excluded from this behavior.) My idea was that if someone is in the same faction then they should be even more open to starting a dialogue with that person.

10 hours ago, Toyto said:

I always try to resolve rule breaking in PMs first despite who did it. If they own up to breaking the rule and are sorry, I don't report them because they got the point. (Obviously random PVT's and what not are excluded from this behavior.) My idea was that if someone is in the same faction then they should be even more open to starting a dialogue with that person.

I’m pretty sure it’s clear that the conversation would go something like this

Jack - Hey Mitsuri, you just killed me Immediately as I walked out of base. You know base camping is against the rules. Could you back away from the base please?

Mitsuri - Seriously dude? We are in the same fucking faction. Why don’t you stop crying over this shit. This is seriously pathetic of you.

EDIT: If you don’t like what I said in this post, Mitsuri said it all in his first response to the report.

Edited by AwesomeAidan0221
  • Cringe 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 4
11 hours ago, AwesomeAidan0221 said:

met with only negativity, name calling and manipulation

This has been the MRP community for a quite a while, considering that it's comprised of pubescent teenagers and young adults, it's not surprising. 

• Spicy 1
  • Agree 1

I seriously dont understand why you made this post, although yes mits didn't behave as you would want from a member of SOC. but still this is only a basecamp report not anything big, as for mavv ozzy talked to him and explained what he did wrong, as mavv understood already he apologized and assured the staff team this will not repeat itself again. this is really not a big deal. 

• Agree 2
3 minutes ago, Party said:

I seriously dont understand why you made this post, although yes mits didn't behave as you would want from a member of SOC. but still this is only a basecamp report not anything big, as for mavv ozzy talked to him and explained what he did wrong, as mavv understood already he apologized and assured the staff team this will not repeat itself again. this is really not a big deal. 

Like I said in my post, yes this is just a simple base camp report but it perfectly highlights many broader and dangerous issues within the community. I probably should have written a bit more about the implications of behaviour like this and how it doesn’t only affect the people involved, it also affects the mindset of many newer server members but I needed to sleep so I ended my post early. It’s not about this small report, you have got to think bigger.