In-game name: Murph
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:196917131
Warns: 0
Timezone: Central US
Playtime?: 356:09:41
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes
    Referral(s): Mr. Shankie, Rosie, Gros Cave
    Past experiences as staff: got upto S-Mod on Garnet, retired end of May 2021 due to moving.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? 
I really enjoy playing on Garnet. It took around 6-7 servers before I found Garnet, and haven't kept looking. It's a fun atmosphere with unique rp,
stuff like Duke's shop being a direct reference to Resident Evil Village (even with impressions), or the events of old like the talent shows. 
After returning to Garnet off hiatus caused by moving states, I got back into playing pretty much instantly. I had a blast running the Medical Center 
and goofing with old friends. However, I noticed an issue that was happening when I first became a mod, which is a huge spike in complaints 
towards lack of sit taking and general admin shenanigans and abuse ensuing. It's chaos out there, and when Shankie convinced me to return 
I had already noticed that and felt ticked that it was happening again. 

In my previous experience as a mod, I remember a few things, like accepting sits and working things out with people. At the time, I was 
working in sales, so my ability to work with people was and still is pretty good. I believed in civil sits, and 70% of the time was
able to calm everyone down to get clear thoughts and clean speech out of players who would otherwise drop f-bombs in everyone's direction.
Working out problems created slightly less rule breaking, which made things slightly smoother in the server. As well, I still have a couple of 
the binds from being a mod, and still remember the basics of moderation, which should speed up the learning process in my favor. I'll have experience
in moderation from the very beginning, which should also be a good thing for people on my level that want to learn from a "peer" of sorts.

When I had first joined staff team, I paid (and felt VERY dirty paying for it) hence why I am applying for round 2. I rested on very old laurels
and figured that it was generally the same people on the server. I was sadly mistaken. I have since taken the time to get to know new players
and admins, some of which I met at lv 1 in the Medical Center before I had to drop off of gmod for a bit. I remember meeting some incredible people 
on the staff team, like Rosie who had become trial mod at the same time as me, or Adric, of which we would go on to rock the house hosting a talent show. 
In becoming staff, it introduced me to awesome people and I'm thankful for that. In conclusion, I wish to return to take sits when others can't, 
uphold the rules to the best of my ability, and of course reconnect with the staff team.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? In Garnet, I have one ban on record, a 2 week mass rdm ban. I have no bans in other servers to my knowledge.
    Have you made any previous applications? Yes, around 4 days prior to this one.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Around 6-8 hours
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I start college in the fall, so my hours may vary.
Did you read the staff rules?: Murph

Edited by murph0981
  • Like 5
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1

+1

You're a nice guy, and you've got pretty decent paragraphs. Some of the paragraphs are filler, but I can overlook that. A few months back when I first joined, you helped me out a lot and really got me going, and to be honest, you've probably played a much bigger part in keeping me around than I realized at first. Can you go into a little more detail about the ban though?

Edited by aidanpoppas123
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

+1

You're a nice guy, and you've got pretty decent paragraphs. Some of the paragraphs are filler, but I can overlook that. A few months back when I first joined, you helped me out a lot and really got me going, and to be honest, you've probably played a much bigger part in keeping me around than I realized at first. Can you go into a little more detail about the ban though?

Also, this doesn't affect my verdict, but when you have random places in the middle of sentences where it just goes into a new line, it makes it a little harder to read. 

I added new lines out of compensation for the scrollbar, as this was typed out in a notepad document. I now see that was an issue lol. sorry.

• Haha 1

Probably the easiest  +1 since proggy decided to add unbox back.
I've seen you in game and you're really chill, although today with the highway was different.

As long as you can avoid doing stuff like that, I don't think you'll have a problem. Welcome aboard soldier.

• Like 1

+1

Don't know you too well because of my LOA, but I've never had a bad interaction with you. I trust your referrals and other +1s and can tell you're a pretty nice guy.

Plus you've been staff before.

• Like 1