DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

The Negligence of a Tier 1 - [Delta Force]

• StarWarsRP Management Team

and this helps how?

Any issues with a MilitaryRP faction get noticed by Executives, this forum post for you to go 'DF bad' isn't gonna change anything

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 6

I tend to think they have a schedule similar to mine. Life over games typically. I would like to say I typically see atleast 1-3 at a given time. That's with my once a week typically. Self experience doesn't reflect the time playing with them. Adults have the benfits of typically being more mature, but play less, vs a teen or child playing more, but less mature. That's just the typical dichotomy.

• Friendly 2
  • Agree 1
42 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Brings attention to the problem if there wasn't any attention on it already.

Was already attention on it, the issue has been recognised already

either it hasn't been noticed or the Executive(s) aren't taking initiative to fix the problem.

Has been noticed, but it's not as simple as 'wipe DF' or any other dumb quick 'fix'

It very easily can just gotta think longer and harder about it.

Jake, as the SA, has already heard the same whining this post contains, so this post will just be disregarded or seen as an irritation, nothing more

Also it's worth noting that the wider community isn't going to be given a detailed plan of exactly what staff is planning all the time regarding any faction. If you expect one, then you really don't know how anything is run

Edited by Theos
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 8
59 minutes ago, Theos said:

and this helps how?

Essentially bringing an issue everyone's aware of into an actual discussion to push some sort of change in either DF's performance, or whatever management deems necessary. Obviously I never suggested a change in the post, I just wanted to criticize the FACTION and how they're affecting US as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Theos said:

Any issues with a MilitaryRP faction get noticed by Executives

Yes and i'm aware, i've spoke to Jake, asked him questions, and attempted to learn more about what was happening, "behind the scenes". After learning and getting informed from Jake, I felt like the issue still wasn't addressed properly so I made a post after consulting people.

1 hour ago, Theos said:

this forum post for you to go 'DF bad'

I never said "DF Bad!". I literally gave points that address any issue I have thought of myself, or been told by other server players. I went into detail on what each one meant and wanted to provide an outlook on how we see the faction. 

1 hour ago, Theos said:

isn't gonna change anything

This is a fair point, which is why I didn't suggest a specific change, more or less just wanted people talking about it. In hopes the friend group sees this post, realizes the points are valid, and improve themselves. Hell maybe even talk to me one-on-one and try to find some middle ground. 

23 minutes ago, Theos said:

so this post will just be disregarded or seen as an irritation, nothing more

I sure hope this isn't the case lol. I think all these points are fair and valid. Telling me its an annoyance and suggesting it'll ultimately pushed aside seems to line up with what I was getting at. We've been told for weeks that something's happening and we've noticed literally no change. 

33 minutes ago, Dillan said:

I tend to think they have a schedule similar to mine. Life over games typically. I would like to say I typically see atleast 1-3 at a given time. That's with my once a week typically. Self experience doesn't reflect the time playing with them. Adults have the benfits of typically being more mature, but play less, vs a teen or child playing more, but less mature. That's just the typical dichotomy.

I agree a ton with what you're saying. I myself work a full time job and have other IRL responsibilities to handle. It's not the fact they're doing IRL things, it's the fact they're playing other games, or when they do get on, don't do anything. I do understand what you're getting at though. Thanks!

• Like 1

What I'm saying is that the issue has been noticed, steps are being taken, there are multiple options Jake could take and he will take necessary ones.

I tried to explain some of your issues yesterday in Teamspeak, and you effectively just told me to shut up.

In regards to Jake, he won't tell you every option he's considering, and he may want to give the current crop of DF a chance first, so of course you're not going to be satisfied with his response, but that doesn't mean Jake's ignoring the issue.

• Informative 2
13 minutes ago, Theos said:

What I'm saying is that the issue has been noticed, steps are being taken, there are multiple options Jake could take and he will take necessary ones.

I tried to explain some of your issues yesterday in Teamspeak, and you effectively just told me to shut up.

In regards to Jake, he won't tell you every option he's considering, and he may want to give the current crop of DF a chance first, so of course you're not going to be satisfied with his response, but that doesn't mean Jake's ignoring the issue.

Can you elaborate what steps have been taken here on the thread then or what options are being considered? You can't just say "steps are being taken" without elaborating and then expect for us to all believe you. There needs to be more communication about this than what you're currently giving us.

• Agree 1
Just now, PrisonNightmare said:

Can you elaborate what steps have been taken here on the thread then or what options are being considered? You can't just say "steps are being taken" without elaborating and then expect for us to all believe you. There needs to be more communication about this than what you're currently giving us.

There's always a reason stuff isn't made public. I know first-hand the irritation of not knowing exactly what's going on with a faction with issues, with Camo's Army, however in my scenario I was a member of Army and still didn't know the full details, but I didn't make a forum post complaining about the faction. I waited to see what staff would do, and didn't expect major results in less than a week, and the end result of Jake's steps was Army dominating the server. Not saying DF is gonna dominate the server, but you have to have patience and realise you don't know all the details, and probably never will beyond rumours from someone who heard something.

This post is Stork complaining because he feels he is owed a greater explanation on what's happening to a faction he's not even in.

• Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
22 minutes ago, Theos said:

This post is Stork complaining because he feels he is owed a greater explanation on what's happening to a faction he's not even in.

I'll agree, I am complaining about their activity for sure. But all these points nonetheless are valid. They're just criticism of a faction and how its been "handled". Of course i'd love an explanation, but anything else coming forward is stuff we've already heard. Its a Tier 1 on US that has little to no involvement with any other factions. 

Keep in mind this isn't just me wanting an explanation, i'm just the one who made the post and felt like it was necessary to make it public. 

• Cringe 1
20 minutes ago, Theos said:

Now this I have to agree with, why is this post been made cause of GB wanting to complain.

DF may be inactive but literally Jake has a plan about what to do with DF since for a little while, this post literally isn't helping besides the fact of "oh let me complain about some bullshit".

2 hours ago, Soappppp said:

[Topic/Point I. : Uninterested]

So basically pulling a GRU?

[Topic/Point 6: No Current Benefit]

Basically RU SOC to RU during war right now.... lmao

[Topic/Point 4 : Lack of Actual Presence]

Literally RU SOC in a nutshell

This entire post applies to both sides, but you ONLY go after DF why though? You couldn't pass tryouts, you want someone else in charge etc like I want to know. Theres no reason for this post at all, the friend faction you HAVE to make friends if you're in a faction. I don't know what the hell you're on besides "DF inactive" like I mean hell sometimes I don't even want to play a lot of people don't want to play the server cause right now some people don't enjoy war, events, peacetime etc. 

Edited by Fetn
  • Spicy 1
  • Creative 1
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
25 minutes ago, Fetn said:

This entire post applies to both sides, but you ONLY go after DF why though? You couldn't pass tryouts, you want someone else in charge etc like I want to know. Theres no reason for this post at all, the friend faction you HAVE to make friends if you're in a faction. I don't know what the hell you're on besides "DF inactive" like I mean hell sometimes I don't even want to play a lot of people don't want to play the server cause right now some people don't enjoy war, events, peacetime etc. 

What? I go "after" Delta Force because i'm a US Main, i've never attended tryouts because i've never seen any also lack of wanting to join. I would rather the faction not get wiped, if anything improve. Within the first 2 hours of the post they've already reached out about training GB/Rangers to move into DF which is much appreciated. The goal of this post wasn't to remove, or wipe anyone in DF. Again, I stated it in the post yet it feels like its being ignored, I just want some sort of improvement to happen regardless of what it is. 

I don't address the RU issues because I myself am not an RU main nor do I have enough interaction with them to formulate as big of a post as this. I'm sure as an RU main you hear about RU issues more than I do. 

EDIT: the point of the post was largely missed, i'll restate it again. bringing the issue on the forums FORCES people to look at it and take some sort of action. it quite literally forces change to happen sooner than later. finding middle ground is super important so i'm happy to see it happen. 

Edited by Soappppp
addition to statement.
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
5 minutes ago, Soappppp said:

bringing the issue on the forums FORCES people to look at it and take some sort of action.

Bringing it to forums, when you're more so suppose to bring it to Jake in this case? There is no reason to take it to forums without talking to Jake first, once he responds then you got his answer... because no matter what ultimately its up to Jake in the end. He can just say "no fuck off" and this entire post is just nothing.

EDIT

Literally RU leadership is in the SAME situation

Our SOC are currently just fucked, do we go to forums and say stupid shit saying "we need to force the people to do something" no we take it to the executives for something to be done. 

Edited by Fetn
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1