DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Krim Ban Appeal

Krim

On 7/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, Horseyyy said:

-1 Coming from someone who was around when you were

You know krim I’m probably the person who is most open to giving people second chances but you have done literally nothing to prove that you should come back to this community. Based off what I know this has only been your first time making an appearance on any garnet gaming related servers. You haven’t tried repairing relations with anyone you’ve wronged with your toxicity. And quite frankly it seems like your abusing other situations that have mild similarity to yours to get out of a cheating ban which is low. Your ban should stay till A. You can actually PROVE you should come back to the community in other servers or B.  You wait till the next ban wipe.

If Horse can get unbanned I'd like to say that there's a chance for your unban Krimzin. I've had worse altercations with Horse than all the cheaters I've ever banned truthfully. Just don't cheat greaser. +1

• Like 6
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Soldier said:

Also would like to point out: 

blooms came on for what 3 months, joined afsoc and basically led it for the most part, then cheats cause he's going away and essentially tarnishes it's entire reputation.

Krimzin was what, not even in a faction, cheated because others were cheating, and prior to that had years of doing good things on the server?

Their situations are not comparable. There also comes things of maturity, blooms being a grown man and knowing better, Krimzin essentially being peer pressured by those around him, etc. Honestly don't know what you're trying to say by quoting me.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Whue said:

Honestly, being a cheater is one thing. Becoming a cheater to get into a faction is another thing. Who says you wouldn't do the same thing again? What if you're not getting good enough again to get into a faction you want to enter? Would you go back to cheating again to achieve your goal? I'll leave the decision up to the people who are actually handling this appeal, but it's definitely kind of worrying.

You raise a really good point. However, I cheated since others were cheating, I was in a bad friend group that pressured me in to it,  and I didn't think too much of it. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Krim1 said:

You raise a really good point. However, I cheated since others were cheating, I was in a bad friend group that pressured me in to it,  and I didn't think too much of it. 

Ah okay, I wasn't around when you played so I don't know how you were for the server - but going off the other comments you did some good things. If you get unbanned, please don't fall back into bad habits. xD I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt in this case, since all your friends are pretty much gone from the community as far as I can see in other comments.

• Friendly 2

Changing to +1. 

After reading several of these replies and seeing other opinions, your replies to them, and seeing the whole situation, I’ve decided to change to a +1. Just don’t cheat again, please. 

Edited by Cupid
changing to +1
  • Friendly 1
  • Disagree 1

Was just thinking about you coming back the other day. While i no longer actively play myself, that doesn't mean I don't check in from time to time. And in cases like this where I was around when you were banned and when you played, i like to give my input.

As many have already pointed out, you were and amazing officer, especially in MARSOC at the time, if you know you know. But not only MARSOC, plenty of other factions you were in, you held high officer positions and proved you were more than capable of being able to have that title. Also touching on the whole Vega tryouts thing. I remember you trying to join Vega, this was on Chaharikar if I'm not mistaken, and lemme just say that was no easy thing to do. I tried out a few times for Vega when you did, and I can remember just giving up and going back to SSO it was that hard. Keep in mind this is coming from someone that did Vega tryouts almost daily in desert against Jackal and Coyote, 2 insanely good players. But these tryouts were on a different level. So the fact you started cheating, and fell into the wrong crowd doesn't surprise me. If you know about how old FM was, and early Vega, then you know cheating was pretty common amongst them already.

TLDR: I understand your situation, and you obviously regret it. You have plenty of experience and leadership skills that the server could use right now. I believe that you should be given a second chance since others have done way worse in the past and been given the same opportunity. Wish you best of luck bro, love ya ❤️

+1

Edited by huskaii
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Friendly 1
14 hours ago, AlexConway said:

This will be shocking but: I'll give a +1 - But I think it's time we all admit permbans, cheating bans, or toxicity bans are Case-By-Case; and the appeals for them are different then that of MassRDM, etc. I'm tired of some people saying -1 appeals aren't for apologies, but that's literally part of why they appeal or are told to appeal, especially in permbans/cheating bans/toxicity bans </rant>

Krimzin has never been fond of me, and frankly nor I him; however - it does seem like a genuine appeal and he seems to want to come back to play as a constructive member. I think the most important thing to remember is: Someone who is previously banned of toxicity or cheating, then an appeal accepted for them to get a second chance, requires far less evidence to be re-banned, than a "first timer"; should staff think they are up to their old ways. 

im worse than a cheater! dont understand your thought process on this one here sir. I think krim should wait for ban wipe

EDIT: After reading some of krim's excuses on why he cheated, it shows me that he cant really think for himself and understand consequences. Following his friends actions was very immature and he could have definitely said no. All I see here was a poor choice that was made because someone doesnt understand consequences

Edited by Orange
Adding detail
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 3
16 hours ago, Soldier said:

Also would like to point out: 

19 hours ago, Pencil said:

+1. This guy was caught up in the wrong group at the time and got sucked in to cheating with them. He's had genuine heart for the community and genuinely was someone who helped factions immensely when he cared.

unknown.png

?

Cmon soldier, you’ve been around long enough to know these are just popularity contests (reply wise).

I’m not opposed to this, as unbanning cheaters have happed, I say give him a chance. Of course he’d be watched and everything like that, but he was a good officer years ago, I still think he would be now. And we can use some of those ngl, anyway,gl krim, hope this gets accepted

• Friendly 2
  • Agree 3
  • Community Director
10 hours ago, Orange said:

im worse than a cheater! dont understand your thought process on this one here sir. I think krim should wait for ban wipe

As per Garnet fairly recently: "There won't be another ban wipe, the last time we only got toxic retards back" or something along those lines. I don't get why people say to wait for a ban wipe when one will likely never to happen again. Even when @Phantom was here, the last one that was done, he regretted doing due to the people that came back and how poorly it went. 

Also unlike you Mr. Orange; who has had 5, 6, 7 chances - @Krim1 hasn't gotten a second chance yet, so why shouldn't he get one? Because you didn't get an eighth? It's a second chance for a reason... There's a difference between a second chance and a sixth chance, if you don't know why there's a difference. There's a problem. At least in my opinion. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 2
  • Spicy 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

+1

From scavenging around forums awhile I have noticed the positive influence krim brings to the MRP community. He's probably one of the most active and respectful I've seen on these forums and I think it would only be right if we allow the man to have a second chance to further mature himself, as he already appears to be in the right direction. From his comrades, my opinions on krim are upheld as he sounds like a good person and an even better leader on the server, and I think an unban is justified.

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1

+1

From my experience with Krimzin it's been nothing but positive. Obviously I wasn't around when all this happened, so I can't give my opinion on that matter. Back when I was in his SSO it was a great time. The only reason I am giving a +1 is because I don't think that he would cause more harm to the server, and can only be beneficial. You can argue "what if he cheats again", then the simple answer is he gets re-banned. I believe a tight leash would have to be put in place (obviously). He's shown for the past 3-4 (more?) months that he can have a positive impact on the community, and that he actually cares. I would NOT be surprised if this gets denied, but I personally think he deserves another chance. If the community was willing to give me another chance after my original experience on echo/chaharikar (albeit I never cheated and wasn't banned), he deserves another shot. Good luck!

Edited by Acer
  • Like 3

Cheating is a black mark that will be remembered for a long, long time. Reading through this appeal, I definitely do think a second chance is warranted, but is it deserved? There are plenty of things I can say or claim I "think" for the sake of this response to the appeal, but let me just get right into the meat of this situation.

Cheating to match another cheater is simply, fucking stupid, like, EXTREMELY stupid, however, it's not uncommon. As I mentioned in blooms' appeal, cheaters have a re-offense rate of at least 50%, it's even highly plausible to claim some people who were caught or accused of cheating still cheat to this day (if anyone thinks im "insinuating" them, drop your ego a few levels). Krim is someone I've seen on the forums on a consistent basis, he seems like a mature and laid-back guy, to build off what @AlexConway said, you haven't had your second chance, and I think people do deserve second chances, and considering how I called what Krim did "fucking stupid", then it's easy to argue it was just a stupid, childish mistake. But Krim also remembers what he needs to do as a player should he be unbanned, he has to keep to the straightened arrow, or else he would have wasted the staff's time, anyone who replied to this' time, and most importantly my time his own time.

All in all, I believe people who fuck up and do something as stupid as this should be punished, but I also think if they can show they changed, they should get another chance.

It all depends on how the community supports you at this point.

+1

Edited by Lucher
i cant spell, apparently.
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines