Map Change Suggestion

Tora1

Map Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Taiga V3 Or Echo 1

• Taiga V3
    • Echo 1

This poll is closed to new votes

The whole point of this suggestion is literally to actually implement the map rotation that had already been discussed in the past, not to shit on Delta.

It is healthy for MRP to switch maps regularly so that maps can keep their enjoyment, because after so long of playing the same map for a first person shooter it starts to feel old. We are not saying that the new version of Delta is bad. We are extremely appreciative of you @Nutter for making Delta, and you succeeded on making a great map. All that we are suggesting is a map rotation so that we can keep MRP alive and fresh. So again, thank you Garnet for making Delta, just adding more maps in the rotation is crucial to making sure that MRP can stay healthy and alive.

+1 

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut

In all seriousness, I need to patch Echo for a bit before we hop onto it, I can get working on that ASAP, but me and @Jake would naturally need to get beta testers and repeat the cycle we did for Delta's revamp.

The last time we sat on Echo players experienced unstable frames and crashes (if i'm not wrong)

• Agree 1
Just now, Nutter said:

In all seriousness, I need to patch Echo for a bit before we hop onto it, I can get working on that ASAP, but me and @Jake would naturally need to get beta testers and repeat the cycle we did for Delta's revamp.

The last time we sat on Echo players experienced unstable frames and crashes (if i'm not wrong)

You could make people do applications, and those people would be called upon to do beta testing on future maps etc. 

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

Didn't hear of crashes much but the map would run very poorly especially in Village/Town, it would need a fair bit of optimization (and a higher skybox 🙂). But i don't think any large changes would need to be made to the objectives, maybe a a few touches around the bases.

3 hours ago, Nutter said:

If you are going to get beta testers, can it not only be some members of the staff team and faction leaders? The reason behind this is something that was kinda discussed as a joke but then actually turned out being a good idea:

Add Delta Force and Vega into the beta testing, and allow the two factions two absolutely ball sweat against each other and play the dirtiest that it can get.

This way you are not only beta testing the map, but you can catch more map imbalances and game breaking headglitches so that they are dealt with before the map even gets up.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut
56 minutes ago, hysteria said:

If you are going to get beta testers, can it not only be some members of the staff team and faction leaders? The reason behind this is something that was kinda discussed as a joke but then actually turned out being a good idea:

Add Delta Force and Vega into the beta testing, and allow the two factions two absolutely ball sweat against each other and play the dirtiest that it can get.

This way you are not only beta testing the map, but you can catch more map imbalances and game breaking headglitches so that they are dealt with before the map even gets up.

When I started reading this I was like “oh yeah, great. Another tryhard nerd.” By the second paragraph I was sold. Let’s do it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, hysteria said:

If we're talking about headglitching get GRU in that beta testing lol

• Cringe 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

if i recall, i can think of at least 5 different ways out of the map on echo, and countless glitch spots that are not even fair. If you are going to do beta testing, i recommend not only people that currently play and are good at finding things like this, but also people that played on the last map. If you are already familiar with the map it makes it much easier to find exploits

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Accepted

I believe me and @Nutter agreed we would be using Echo V2 next and it would just need some minor edits, this was going to be in the works sooner but shit hit the fan.

Edit: May as well say why we are going with Echo V2; Taiga V3's edit file has been lost to time 😞 and we just simply wouldn't be able to run that map without editing, so to avoid remaking a map which would take a huge amount of time, we're gonna go with the other option. Now onto why we are using Echo V2 instead of Echo V1, optimization is very important and the way Echo V1 was built does not support that at all, the tunnels, the way the terrain is made would all need overhauling completely, luckily he already did this in Echo V2 so it won't need doing again. Echo V2 can have some minor edits to allow for aircraft, lighting fixes and accessible mountains and should be good to go.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2