Add a D3A perma/month ban for self harm threats

murph0981

Description: We have lost 1 too many to suicide. People have underlying issues and all it takes is something small like this to push them over the edge. 
I don't want the memorial to grow any larger. Seeing people in game get toxic enough to wish harm on another is sickening. I'm all for shit talk
but that takes things a bit far. This would be a ban for chat, but voice should also be included. (Ex: (OOC) POS101: KYS [insert name],
(voice): "You are a waste of space, kill yourself")

Reasoning: Could save a life.
Edited by murph0981
more specific
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, murph0981 said:

Description: We have lost 1 too many to suicide. People have underlying issues and all it takes is something small like this to push them over the edge. 
I don't want the memorial to grow any larger. Seeing people in game get toxic enough to wish harm on another is sickening. I'm all for shit talk
but that takes things a bit far. This would be a ban for chat, but voice should also be included. (Ex: (OOC) POS101: KYS [insert name],
(voice): "You are a waste of space, kill yourself")

Reasoning: Could save a life.

I've always banned this for "empty death threats" but more or less there should be a proper ban reason for this.

+1

• Like 1

Telling people to kill themselves out of rp is already a bannable offense as far as I'm aware, I remember proggy doing that one time and telling me it was.

Either way, this behavior should not be tolerated, I understand if it's a joke to someone in rp, it is darkrp, we can't stop people telling people to die in-game sense, BUT anything that's out of rp or directed at the actual person should not be tolerated whatsoever.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi

Exactly as @Fetn and @Shin_Tsukimi said, people are already being banned for this and have already been banned for this. To the rest of our staff team, if you ever feel like someone is taking it too far or you think that what someone is doing should/might be bannable, definitely ask an executive/manager about it because they’ll probably know or might even be able to ban them if it’s justified.

Guest proggy

Denied

I'm a little horrified that people assumed this level of harassment was currently allowed.
This is already covered by the first three rules. We don't need to specify that telling someone to kill themselves is harassment or disrespectful.

• USE COMMON SENSE
  • Do not disrespect or use racism to other members of the community when out-of-character (OOC).
    • Example: Text Screens, OOC Chat, Advert, Admin Sits, RP Name.
  • Do not harass, grief, or troll players of the community.

It's also covered in the punishment guideline.

Currently Admin+ can ban for harassment / toxicity for a length of 1-4 weeks based on severity.
This can be extended to permanent by a Manager+ if the 1-4 week punishment doesn't seem fitting.