How to be the best banker on DRP

Banker is a pretty difficult job, but if you do it correctly you can make a fair bit of money.

The point of banking is not to make a lot of money off every printer but rather accumulate the majority of the populations printers and only cutting the profits by half and sharing them. this creates a system that actually behooves both players. a huge proprietor of the effectiveness of the bank is TRUST! Trust that the bank will be well guarded and the money will be relinquished. Failure to do either of these will effect your bank greatly. make sure people know you are transparent about your methods. and most importantly, treat your staff well and keep them paid. offer bonuses for successful  raid counters, good front desk work, or just overall performance. A banker is completely useless without a competent team.

BANKERS:
1. FOLLOW THE RULES! - Don't ever commit failrp or let someone rob the bank, or something like fading door abuse in the midst of a raid. anything that goes against a bankers rules, like not giving a stolen printer back or using anything larger than pistol. If you get banned or reconnected the whole bank base might de-spawn and the entire effort becomes wasted.
2. $2mil startup money is required. the first 2 hours of banking is ALL debts. debts from printers, debts from employee pay, debts from lottery. you need to decide whether you can spend 2 mil and 2 hours just to break even before even considering money making.
3. YOU MUST KEEP A LIST OF LOGGED PRINTER TIMES! Once a printer enters that vault you MUST log its times. the time it came in/the time it last got collected/the time it dissapears. Keeping track of these numbers is IMPERATIVE!

SERVICES:
The bank will buy your printers for 4+ hr minimum
The bank will buy stolen printers for 35k or if they are 7/7 - 10/10 we will pay 50k for every printer shoved under the door
The bank will run your account while you AFK. Make 100k/hour just alt tabbed.
The bank will pay you 50k/hr per printer while you play
The bank will sometimes have gunstores and bars that anyone may frequent

PRINTER TYPES:
Accounts Printers- These printers are from players who want to open an account with the bank. Account printers are to be recorded when they enter, when the customer withdraws their account pay, and when the customer closes the account (or logs off). You MUST pay anyone with an account at the appropriate time.

Staff Printers- These printers are owned by the staff you hire. They put these on a separate rack and each employee is responsible for their own printer. the banker NEVER collects from these, only seldomly placing coolers if the staff haven't noticed. the printers help add to the employee pay.

"Permanent" Printers- These are your insurance money. sometimes people will give you printers or you pay them something like 200k for 6+ hours. You must have a 1:1 ratio of printers to employees. For every employee you need 1 perm printer to afford that staff.

HOW DOES THE MONEY WORK:
Stay with me here...
1 printer = 100k/hr (600k) + -100k (really its like 89k but we always round up debts) = 500k for 6 hours
2 printers make 1mil in 6 hours.
Buy others' printers as well and subtract the cost to the agreed time and its should be something similar to your printers net value
You don't make any money the first hour of running printers. EVERY PRINTER ALWAYS COST 100K AUTOMATICALLY so if you buy a print at 100k, remember you really bought it at 200k and now need 2 hours to reimburse that loss.
EVERY HOUR = 100K - when counting printers always count buy 100k, never let a printer be less than 10/10. as the bank you can ALWAYS afford the risk
Every set of perms you buy will pay for 1 employee and 1 account payout or 2 employees, or 2 accounts.

SCENARIO:
I open at 12 pm with 2m.
I am starting with 1 employee.
I use my prints as perm and the guard is responsible for his own printers.
I've spent 200k on my printers and now my money is at 1.8m.
in the first hour we have gotten 2 accounts open.
I spent 200k on each account. That's 400k to upgrade 4 printers for 2 accounts. (1.4m)
In the following hour i now have to pay my employee 100k. (1.3m)
Collectively i have now collected 200k from my printers (1.5m) and ill be getting 400k from those accounts  (1.9m).
1PM
I buy a set of printers for 100k for 6 hours (1.8m)
2 more accounts are opened at 1:30PM that cost 400k to upgrade (1.4m)
2PM
pay employee - 100k (1.3m)
Collect both perm and first 2 accounts' 800k (2.1m)
pay first accounts 200k (1.9m)
2:30PM
Collect from 2nd accounts 400k (2.3m)
Pay 2nd accounts (2.1m)
if you're confident with your customers you can always just coast for 2 more hours on what you have collected and call it a day, everything is in the positives once you get past the 2 hour debt. It gives you time to get a little egg nestled and then make enough to get back to the +'s.

You can also just go balls to the walls and invest and invest and invest but remember that this world is fickle and you may lose it all in just a second.

eventually its up to you to decide when you can afford more employees or take on another printer. Accounts can always be open without fear of money loss. as long as they will be on for an hour. and even if they don't, in 20 mins you make 33k so you'd be down like 50k not ~87k and the perm printers which you should always collect asap will help mitigate losses.

-----------------------------

There's actually a lot more to it but as of right now, these are the basics. Pay your team, account every printer appropriately, don't overstaff, be wise with your money, don't cheat anyone. At the end of the day, when things are running efficiently it's a hell of a lot of fun to just base and work with your friends. its always fun taking a private conversation in the back of the vault or having a bar open up and everyone chills. it's work, but its fun work. I'll try to update this more but please ask any questions and help me poke holes in this method! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2