Taiga

Panini

Description [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]: We are simply requesting to revert back to the previous map, Taiga. There isn’t much that I can go in depth about besides the reasoning since it's just a map.

Reasoning [how would this benefit our server?]: This map change would benefit us as a community in a few ways. First, it would solve the long-dreaded hitreg issue that we have been dealing with for a solid month since the initial release of Siberia. Now don’t get me wrong the map does look great but when it comes down to it the map is by no means suited for any serious PVP situations. Secondly, it would also bring in new possibilities for you to do in between wars. I.E. the mission systems that brings an additional thing to do as well as a stable way to make money aside from relying on your paycheck in game. Finally, this would bring a great deal of balance for OBJs. You may ask how the OBJs are unbalanced as of right now or at least not the most enjoyable. Well, that can be quickly answered. To put it simply, on Taiga, the map’s objectives by no means were favorable to either country. I.E. no OBJ had overwhelming cover for one side or the other nor was it impossible for the other country to retake at times. Also keep in mind with the OBJs on Siberia right now and with the amount of them it results in whichever side has more numbers getting the win rather than the side that is more skilled. As stated before, there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that Siberia is a great looking map despite being in beta. However, when it comes down to it, Taiga is overwhelmingly more enjoyable when it comes to the one thing that keeps new players sticking around and that is war and the overall enjoyability.

Additional Information [Photos/Videos][/CODE]: I think the majority of people know what Taiga looks like. Thanks to Hardey and some other people, I have screenshots of the map for those of you that don't know.

4724f00edf2cc630397f3784d3dc3273.jpg

b56d41c97ec0d81b8877806b2258aff2.jpg

2a520da56ba17d0a97406d034234c8b6.jpg

3f00e8097cf7335d013e8330f6557aa6.jpg

45761d8f898e191a13b77aa73677ef3f.jpg

0966339EFA2907D168BA535302689A82E27F72B4

c82a181c79c2c555c50914bf7315d42c.jpg
42CB03F832E5804064A81C02C286BFF8FD797DA2

Edited by PaniniV2
Screenshots

+1

I have to +1 this suggestion. Allow me to explain myself, i’ll go ahead and list the Pro’s & Con’s of undergoing this change. I am also aware of the undergoing changes Garnet is trying to implement into Siberia but I don’t think Siberia isn’t the way to go unfortunately.

Con’s

• We lose a RP based map.

• We lose a map aesthetically pleasing.

• We lose we lose mountains and this tall terrain.

Pro’s

• We return to a well loved map.

• We return to a more well optimized PVP map.

• We return to a better hitreg map.

• We return to a more fun peacetime map.

• We return to a balanced map

• We return to a brighter map.

• We return to a map that still has RP potential.

Edited by Ghost

I am going to restate my rant that I posted a few days ago a little bit more professionally because I do not believe this forum was written very well.

Okay so here are the reasons why I think Siberia is weak.

1. Mountains: Mountains create negative experience. They encourage camping and snowballing. If you get the high ground with third person it is next to impossible to die if you know how to play it correctly. Little ridges are good where players can mount from both sides, but when you have to circle all the way around the mountain to climb it, it fucking blows. It slows down gunfights, and rewards passive shitty play styles where you can just set up cross fire on two mountains and never lose. Taiga was so good because trees and small ridges allow outplaying and agressive playstyles to flourish because nothing slowed down foot speed and there was multiple routes to flank anyone. Now we just have mountains with shitty chokeholds everywhere on the map.

2. Slippery Snow: I hate sliding. If mountains wasn’t enough to punish aggressive playstyles, sliding is. Sliding makes it so micro adjusting for every foot step is a “mechanic” to think about. And the counter to this “mechanic” is to camp and sit still in third person and just be a bitch because why push when you can just hide and not be punished even when the enemy knows your location. 

3. 5 objectives: In my opinion, this is the worst change of all. It heavily favors the side with more numbers as it is impossible to power creep an objective last minute, now you gotta take two which is impossible because you now have to split your low numbers. Another reason I hate it is simply the fact that it makes the more complicated for no good reason. Base factions are a huge part in wars as it is the meat of the army and is what either decides if the % is going up in your favor or not. The need to over rotate and just simply sending them to another objective is awful as most players don’t have the time to learn a map with 5 objectives and FUCKING MOUNTAINS in the way of everything. This is more of an opinion but I think the game play of 3 objectives was a lot smoother.

Now to round it off, @Ethan had mentioned to me in private that he would not like the map to change, instead just fix the issues we have now. But, then we just have a snowy Taiga. Taiga had so many beneficial things to this server and I can argue this further if people want to know my reasoning.

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

+1 

Also like Yax said, having five objectives make it to where the country with more numbers is most likely going to win.

Edited by Hardey | GarnetGaming.net

+1 When I started playing this summer, I learned Taiga real quick. With the ease of learning Taiga, it would be a lot easier for new players to learn and not just be bored or lost and doing Combat Training because they don't know where to go. Even though it not as pretty and shit, I'm not here to play for beautiful maps, I'm here to play to have fun and not slide off mountains. Also unlike Siberia, Taiga is bright and lively.

-2GA MLT Red Crow

Donations: MP5A4, Orsis T-5000, AEK-971, Russian Elite : Riot, Russian Elite : Mercenary, M9 Bayonet Fade, Dab SWEP

Edited by Robert E Lee

+1

18 minutes ago, Yazmo ☣ said:

3. 5 objectives: In my opinion, this is the worst change of all. It heavily favors the side with more numbers as it is impossible to power creep an objective last minute, now you gotta take two which is impossible because you now have to split your low numbers. Another reason I hate it is simply the fact that it makes the more complicated for no good reason. Base factions are a huge part in wars as it is the meat of the army and is what either decides if the % is going up in your favor or not. The need to over rotate and just simply sending them to another objective is awful as most players don’t have the time to learn a map with 5 objectives and FUCKING MOUNTAINS in the way of everything. This is more of an opinion but I think the game play of 3 objectives was a lot smoother.

This is exactly how I feel It just seems like 5 Objectives makes every war turn into "who has more players on", and also on the old map S&D worked, there was missions and it was much more optimized and the pvp is alot smoother and I feel like we should just play on the old map till Siberia is out of beta

Edited by Goldy

+1

Reasoning: Taiga is much brighter and doesnt allow for places where darker player models thrive(ignoring the dark places in some buildings). Plus, something that wasn't mentioned and I feel isn't mentioned enough is the ambient noise on Siberia. It effects, callouts, kidnap convos, DB( if you're on RU stage its in a trigger spot for ambient noise), and considering it retains throughout death it can be quite annoying to have to go into console and do stopsound before going into DB, training people, discussing plans etc. Tis all I have to say, Garnet if you do see this post, I have nothing against you or your map making, it is your server and you make the calls, the map is stunning however gameplay wise I don't find it fun.

P.S US base looks way fucking nicer than RU, this is a problem.

Edited by Pencil
15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

+1

I have to +1 this suggestion. Allow me to explain myself, i’ll go ahead and list the Pro’s & Con’s of undergoing this change. I am also aware of the undergoing changes Garnet is trying to implement into Siberia but I don’t think Siberia isn’t the way to go unfortunately.

Con’s

• We lose a RP based map.

• We lose a map aesthetically pleasing.

• We lose we lose mountains and this tall terrain.

Pro’s

• We return to a brighter map.

• We return to a map that still has RP potential.

Image result for Confused tomato

I don't want to be too much of a dick, but you're whole post is just stupid. Every single reason for pro and con is horrible and abosuletly make no sense. You more or less wrote out different reasons that could of just been generalized into one section. Horrible effort dude. 

Whole post is dumb. Makes no sense to go back to a fairly crappy layout of a map. Would of been better to suggest for CS_desert but we all know that's not going to happen. Just hope the new map is heavily tailored to combat 

• Like 1

+1

Taiga felt really bright and positive. It brought a good feel to me and I'm pretty sure everyone else who played it. I liked the pvp in that map and it doesn't have the problems Siberia has that allow RU to get completely spawn camped. It had more of smaller hills instead of huge mountains and I believe it fits the combat much more on this server. 3 objectives made for more intense battles that brought more fun and it had prevented sitting at an objective through an entire war and never seeing an enemy. Taiga really had done it for me being able to enjoy a bright and positive map that kept you playing.

+ 1 Siberia looks good but that is about the only thing this map has that was better than Taiga. The map leads to frustrating game play because it is encouraging people to camp the bases which is extremely easy to do because of the mountains near the bases limiting where you can go. Also the hitreg is a huge issue that is experienced by everyone much too often. Seeing blood come out of someones head after shooting them with a sniper and doing no damage happens much too often. The mountains mentioned before makes getting around the map feel way too tedious and limiting in how you can get to OBJs.

Edited by Normal Hooman

+1 

The kidnap missions would work as intended and help players get some moeny to get to dueling as many people on the server do.

The 3 OBJs would create much simpler wars to lead and follow along.

The verticality of Taiga is just right enough to not cause these moments where the player has to look straight up or worry about what mountain he is going to get sniped from(Construtcion comes to mind).