DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP Features

I have played on multiple different DarkRp servers and there are a few key things that all of them have. One of these is a pocket system. Does this server have it? Is it hidden or is it just not there? Another thing is being able to share doors with friends. There is the option to add another owner but it never seems to work. Are these things just not a part of the server or are they coming back, whats up?

6 hours ago, Oatlife said:

I have played on multiple different DarkRp servers and there are a few key things that all of them have. One of these is a pocket system. Does this server have it? Is it hidden or is it just not there? Another thing is being able to share doors with friends. There is the option to add another owner but it never seems to work. Are these things just not a part of the server or are they coming back, whats up?

We used to have a pocket system and idk why it was removed, it worked fine for me. Door sharing works sometimes, it was suggested that it get fixed before the forums were remade and wiped clean.

30 minutes ago, Ambiguous said:

The reason the Pocket System was removed, was because of the abuse it went through for Stealing, to my knowledge.

22 hours ago, Mesperyian said:

We used to have a pocket system and idk why it was removed, it worked fine for me. Door sharing works sometimes, it was suggested that it get fixed before the forums were remade and wiped clean.

Pockets were removed because of the database relocating, like @YeetMeister said. It caused database issues, and I think it would cause it to not load your account at times. There was a thread on the old forums talking about how multiple features were going to be removed because of the database being relocated, but I'm not completely sure. This is the answer I've been giving and been given for a while.

Already stated above that inventory pickup/pocket was removed due to the database relocating issue, and from what I have heard (supposedly from Garnet) is that it will be a long time if it were to come back (I wouldn't be able to explain why). As for door co-owning, it's broken but I don't quite see the point in it as servers that do have it make it mandatory for all base owners to co-own the door while on here you can just make a party and all base inside/actively defend it.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
16 hours ago, Evity said:

"The reason the Pocket System was removed, was because of the abuse it went through for Stealing, to my knowledge."

like im so confused where did this knowledge even come from

From deep within his asshole.

To clarify: the inventory system was removed because our host moved our game servers to the US, while our databases remained in Canada. Due to the giant latency in transferring files from Dallas to Toronto, our server would crash. 

The inventory system will only be gone until GMCHosting chooses to transfer their web node to the United States aswell, which they have delayed every other time I contact them.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1