DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Removing the "You may only build on the inside of your base." rule

vapr

On 9/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, vapr said:

Description: I believe we should remove this rule altogether, and allow building on sidewalks right outside bases or in fenced in areas such as the warehouse below.

Reasoning: The rule really was added so long ago and is rarely ever enforced unless some raider gets upset with the person basing and reports out of spite.

Additional information: This rule was added so long ago and I see really no benefit from keeping it, just keep the rule that says you cant build on the street.

This is a good example of a place where building should be allowed outside interior.    V   V   V

spacer.png

Example of a base I built without exceeding the sidewalk limit.     V   V   V

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

lowkey if anyone were to complain about this base i`d just resolve the sit and tell em "its within the base" (base is withing the fenced in area

• Disagree 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, so the Sumo is the one to start the battle, well Sir Yokozuna I will heed your call and raise a bong rip for you in aid of this post.

When this rule was thought up the raiding addiction I had on the server was intense. I didn't give two shits about whos base it was ( unless friends or my good acquaintances ) I stole everything from everyone on top of that I had went a step forward and fully underwent a little community that I made within the industrial ( warehouses ) area. Whereas I built a gate in front of the tunnel to be our key pads, quick door etc. I hired NEWBIES, my good friend, my good acquaintances, vets to whom I talked to specifically to watch the gate, raid, watch the inside part of the community the gate keypad had ( Gate guards: 1 vet, 1 semi good, 2 newbies ) myself, and the rest whom were with me built inside of the building with no keypads, no quick doors ( other then button entrances within the building to printer rack ) and noting else to heed a raiding team who were to come in and kill, steal, and take over the little community I had created.

What I had created took a long time, was great and did a lot of good for new people coming in, people who just wanted to chill with their friends whom I didn't know. They wanted a safe place to chill, or whatever at which was fine with me generally to give everyone a chance to do something ( raiders of the party included ) This was when the party limit was unlimited ( However I still agree with the party limit rule [ maybe have it increased by 1 ] maybe ). The way I had it set up made it so. Sadly, not to everyone, the things I did, my friends, the old school raiders and newbies did were not to the most liking of the "Rule Makers" therefor these type of rules were added on over and over. The SA in charge at the time, the rule making processors, made it so that nothing that could be built outside the bases, toned them done, etc. I made this to enjoy every aspect of what Garnut has brought forth for us and for me and for the new people of this server and also the friends I made here.

I couldn't agree more with what the Grand Yokozuna is saying about this rule, when it was made and when the rules of every little basing thing was put into place ( excluding the important ones: ETC Materialized fences, pixi peeks, FULL black out bases [floor included] and so on ) were made to hinder the people who were good at this game, building bases, raiding bases, etc to the fullest extent. Now I'm not saying we should be re thinking everything of or about base building rules limitations etc. Sometimes you have to make it easier for the general public of players whom join the server that aren't good at raiding, basing, or even shooting you have to give heed to everyone evenly which I agree with 100%. Where that line is of how much needs to be restricted on what, who, when, and so on will be solely up the big balls man in charge of this rule operation. I'm just here to help when something serious like this rule needs to be changed I hope this really dose get re-looked at and things can be seen in and different perspective.   

I give this a +1 in every way possible S-I-R 

P.S The creator of this post has no soul....=)

• Like 5
  • Winner 4

+1 just accept. I hate being the staff to get rid of a base because it’s against the rules when it’s really just the raider got toxic or pissy and reported out of spite. Building within your fenced in areas of your property outside the building should be okay. it’s not hurting anyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • 2 weeks later...