DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Group 4 Securicor

Ziggy

+1

This suggestion would actually bring fourth a baseline level for RP that would genuinely give more immersion RP wise which is needed and would get players to stick around for these types of moments. 

Economy isn't the main point of this post but it would start being an actual thing instead of the only purchase being bunker decorations. This would actually start a genuine saving for money and being able to spend it on something reasonable instead of letting your money sit and not being able to spend it on something worthwhile. It'll also support people gathering up funds and buying out this faction when necessary.

Everything's considered I personally believe this suggestion would push the server in a good direction with all of the other nitty gritty faction leader choosing shit out of the way and for new players It would leave a sense of awh with them seeing mercenaries like this with a motivation of money only and whoever pays the most gets the support.

• Like 1

Honestly I like the idea, just had a question. They are probably still going to be able to receive damage from both sides during war, seeing how they are a third side and therefore can't really benefit from friendly fire being turned off for them. If this is the case and they were to be killed by someone of the side they were bought out for, how would that be handled administrator wise? Would that count as an RDM or would there be RP consequences? I just feel bad for the poor bastards who would be in the faction who are going to get friendly fired constantly (Especially on this dark ass map lmao).

Honestly I could see this be more of a balancing factor as well for the weaker side, which would be a pretty great help. I also like the idea of having to negotiate with them in RP, this could be used to create a lot of cool events and moments. Each side could even get some of their members to "specialize" in negotiations to create more of an RP feeling and situation.

Only issue I really see is Garnet already has so much he needs to do in terms of what he has planned for MRP, and it seems like he's already spread out so thin having to develop for like eight Rust servers as well as DRP and TTT, as well as working on FiveM and reviving StarwarsRP. I just hope if this gets accepted it doesn't get forgotten about or get put on the back burner like so many things have been already.

Overall +1, I hope to see this implemented some time on the server.

• Like 1

The concept and overall idea of a third faction I like, however I don't think G4S is the route to go. Considering we will swap to Tali soon, G4S supporting a terror organization goes against any and all of documents they have signed, such as the UN GC and the ICoC (of which they are a founder signatory).

This entire concept still works were we to make it a pmc or an unnamed guerilla group/militarized group. The actual implications of a security company working with a terrorist organization and killing U.S troops would cause large problems for it's company.

Overall, I think the economy features would bring a new wave of RP, but should be noted that it is a separate than the DarkRP base money we currently have. When shrimps originally suggested it, it was to be a combined amount in a menu and not something that was able to be dumped/transferred with the DRP money players have. Putting this here for anyone that is confused on that part.

Another thing to note is though, that if the faction is just stacked with the best players, it will cause a similar flip-flop to when we have factions like Vega swap over to US for a war and just stomp.

+1 to the idea, but -1 to the current proposed faction.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Pencil said:

The concept and overall idea of a third faction I like, however I don't think G4S is the route to go. Considering we will swap to Tali soon, G4S supporting a terror organization goes against any and all of documents they have signed

All I’m going to say is PMCs don’t have a reputation for upholding promises, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t even matter. If you can find a more fitting group, link it and I can do a simple name swap. The models are perfect and aren’t specifically “G4S” models, so the faction can really be any organization that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Pencil said:

+1 to the idea, but -1 to the current proposed faction.

Pencil, practically stated exactly how I feel about this suggestion. Dont think the addition of another regiment would be healthy for the server and I dont see how it could really be implemented with a big enough purpose to stay in the server and it just doesnt really seem like its needed in the suggestion. Also this could end up like 31B a be a very bad power-hungry situation with the leader of the respective regiment only accepting negotiations, deals, out of spite. (TL:DR There are more outcomes that could go down the wrong path rather than the good one with the addition of this regiment).

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
6 hours ago, Horseyy said:

(TL:DR There are more outcomes that could go down the wrong path rather than the good one with the addition of this regiment).

This same logic can be applied to any aspect of the server. The point is that you regulate it with guidelines/expectations. 

For example, I could argue that the Armory NPC is bad because of the purchasable explosive that could cause more harm than good. Problem is Horse, we have rules that regulate these aspects like RDM/Mass/etc. 

leader of the respective regiment only accepting negotiations, deals, out of spite. 

Ok, the really simple and easy solution is to remove them. 

I dont see how it could really be implemented 

Please read the suggestion through and through before providing feedback. 

Edit: I talked with Horse on my own regarding a few of his concerns and I think it is important to relay that to everyone else. Horse was concerned about the rules surrounding the faction and I want to emphasize that should be a concern post-verdict. If we waste time now and discuss the technicalities about the faction, then this thread will devolve into a bunch of arguing about rules nobody is certain about. I want people to look at the suggestion itself and answer the question of, "Is this something I would like to see on the server?", rather than speculate about x or y scenario. I'm sure that if this is accepted, the staff team will be able to develop rules for the faction to implement the system just fine. Let's focus on what's important first and take it step by step.  

Edited by bishopil
  • Informative 1

I'm going to keep it plain and simple. The server is called Military RolePlay for a reason but RolePlay wise it is almost, if not completely, dead. Anybody that has had interactions with me knows how RP heavy I always try to be since I just love RP scenarios that could develop a lot of cool ideas and moments on the server and the addition of this group and it being an RP solid faction could bring a much needed reinforcement to the RolePlay aspect of Military RP.

My main concern is the same as Pencil, but I don't think that is an issue. With a simple change on name with a more fitting one could seal the deal.

+1 on this and regardless of the outcome, I appreciate you Bishop for constantly bringing up ideas for the sake of MRP

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Salmon said:

I worked for G4S, they're a security agency, just bought out by Allied Universal. Idk Allied's plans for them once the merge is complete but as far as I know, Allied doesn't have PMCs and none that G4S has either.

G4S aside, as me and Bishop are currently working on another group for the faction to be.

As a Head Admin how do you feel that a third faction would impact the server in the way that it has been laid out via the suggestion?

1 minute ago, Pencil said:

G4S aside, as me and Bishop are currently working on another group for the faction to be.

As a Head Admin how do you feel that a third faction would impact the server in the way that it has been laid out via the suggestion?

3rd faction as a buyable PMC group to fight for your side? No, I am not for that. Especially since the base factions are struggling with competent officers as it is. 

• Agree 3
5 minutes ago, Salmon said:

3rd faction as a buyable PMC group to fight for your side? 

This suggestion offers much more than just that,  which you can learn more about in the different sections outlined in the post. 

5 minutes ago, Salmon said:

Especially since the base factions are struggling with competent officers as it is. 

20 hours ago, bishopil said:

In this format, a neutral group would be cultivated and maintained by management itself, ensuring that all the set precedents for RP, numbers, and structure are being met to their fullest, as well as not being a large enough group to take away from the bulk of the population on the warring sides.