Goat Class

Oldie

Description: Incorporate Goats into the rules by creating a section that clearly outlines the rules regarding interacting with goats, and playing as a goat.

Reasoning: I know the description is short because its simple, so this will be the more detailed section. The goat class isn't even mentioned in the rules, yet everybody has their own opinion about the rules of the class. people say goats are KOS during war, some people say goats can have PTE, others say they cant. Goats are apparently prohibited from using the one swep that comes with the class, and if you hit someone with the goat scream that is counted as RDM. why are you given this swep if you arent allowed to use it? plus, im 95% sure that it is meant to simulate a headbutt, which goats often do for absolutely no reason. Secondly, although sitting on heads is failRP, with the goat playermodel, you can sit on the back and ride it, which should not be failRP as it is possible to ride a goat IRL. I get that goats are a minge class. thats why people buy them. to mess around and have fun without breaking the rules. unfortunately, when every staff member has a different opinion about what the rule are, its a little hard. thanks in advance

• 300 IQ 1

My understanding of the goat class is as follows

- Have same media roles as hobo on DRP so mic spam isn't against rules on goat, as long as it isn't obnoxious racism or advertisement

- Are not KOS outside of base but still require PTE to enter bases

- Are KOS during war just as any other opposing side is

- Are not allowed to use guns as it is FRP, the headbutt should be clarified as i think it should be allowed to use but for now im sure it is RDM if you kill someone with headbutt

- Like Honest said, goats are faster than your normal playermodels and would be unfair and FRP for a US or Russian soldier to ride a goat into war, however i think it would be funny to allow Tali to do this as Tali and goats work together.

Overall, i believe there should be clarification for this class just like how all the DRP classes have set rules and guidelines, plus it will clear up confusion around the class

• Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

I'm going to address your confusion from the perspective of the current rules so as to clarify the confusion for yourself and anyone else in a similar position:

10 hours ago, Oldie said:

people say goats are KOS during war

During wartime, ROEs state you can shoot at anyone (except teammates technically)

"Do not shoot at anyone unless it is in a war"

some people say goats can have PTE

Goats are able to be granted PTE, as GA I have told all my Officers I don't want anyone granting PTE to Goats, as it makes very little RP sense and the Goat class is a minge class

Goats are apparently prohibited from using the one swep that comes with the class, and if you hit someone with the goat scream that is counted as RDM

The swep causes damage. Same rules regarding RDM and ROE apply to Goats as they do anyone on the server, and as Goats have no claimed areas (and cannot claim as no rank structure) there is no scenario the ROE permits them to do damage other than War.

Secondly, although sitting on heads is failRP, with the goat playermodel, you can sit on the back and ride it, which should not be failRP

This is the first part of your paragraph that would enact an effective change to rules. As of this moment, you cannot sit on the head as there is no differentiation made to exclude Goats from this, but as Eli has already said, if this were to change it would need limitations.

If you wanted to be realistic, adults don't ride goats because it would harm the goats

I understand the desire to give Goats more freedom, as they are a minge class. However, I personally don't feel Goats should be excluded from (specific) server rules, as there is plenty of minging one can do on a Goat class at the moment anyway.

• Informative 1
  • Agree 2
  • 1 month later...