Need some advice.

UpdatingWindows

Hey there Garnet Gamers. I don't know if you guys know me but I am a senior in high school looking to pursue a career in Computer Science with a focus in Software Engineering. I kind of missed this place a lot and I needed a reason to make a post on here, so I figured I could ask if any of you guys are pursuing are about to pursue Computer Science and if you could give me any tips. Honestly this post is more about me just wanting to connect with Garnet Gaming again but I thought I could make it somewhat interesting, considering there are a bunch of nerds on here.

Also, I am LOVING this new forum design.

I'm not doing cs but a bunch of my friends are, so I'll just tell you what they tell me lol. Cs is def one of the hardest programs out there, and you got to give and sacrifice a lot. One of my friends studies from 4-9, sleeps at 10, wakes up at 4:30am the next day, and studies till 8, then goes to class. Workload also depends on what Uni you go to ofc. Overall just try and have fun with it, pursue what you love and not what brings you money. GL bro

~edit~

If you do have any specific questions, i'll let them know and try and get a response from them 

Im sort of in the same situation as you. I was first going to school for prevet zoology in order to become a vet tech or a veterinarian to open my own practice down the line. But the school i went to and that career path sorta didnt click with me so I dropped out. At the moment im not sure if thats really what I want to do. I considered doing computer science or computer engineering but im still not 100% sure of what I want to do. Just take time to figure it out. You will feel it when you are where you should be

Archived